Won't Start (fuel)

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
A friend of mine L3010HST died on him while doing some light yard work. He checked the fuel and found the filter and bowl with some dirt and water cleaned it re-filled the bowl with fuel and tried to start it. Nothing, he called me and I went over, I opened a small wheel valve by the fuel pump the engine started and ran smooth I shut it and it kept running and just before we picked up and moved the tractor it died again

We tried everything and could not get it to start again. I could not find a bleeder or pump to use to clear air from the lines. Its a L3010 3 cyl great little tractor never any trouble, mine is a 73' B6000 somewhat different ha but what can anyone tell me to do or look for? Help its cold and dark.....:confused:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If the filter still has fuel in it the I would open the knob back up and it should start. If the filter doesn't have fuel then I would crack it loose and let it fill then do the knob. I never have any trouble with mine.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
start at the beginning, then bleed bleed bleed. each joint up to the injectors. that should find the problem.

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
The wheel is a bleeder at the injection pump. it has a hose that runs to the tank so you can bleed the air from the line. Open the wheel and run it for 3 minutes. All the air should bleed out.