Which one?

lilguy

Nov 7, 2011
Illinois
I have 2 mid 80's Kubotas, a L2250 gear and a B8200 HST. Except for a hydraulic pump on the 2250 they have cost me oil, filters and belts in almost 30 years. I'm shopping the BX25D and the B2601 with like packages. My first impression is they are less substantial units now. Vibration transmitted through unit is noticeably greater. The BX seems more a lawn tractor with drive members mounted to a frame rather than one and other, in line, like a true tractor.
My home is 16 acres with one steep hill I mow up and down only in FWD. Want a BH and will not put a 3 point hitch on the older rides. I did notice the exposed plastic fan on the BX, feel it could be
better shielded. Are these units multi decade use machines still? What's been everyone's survice experience
with late model tractors. Thanks all.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
With 16 acres I wouldn't want to go smaller than what you already have. I don't even know if the 2601 is enough tractor. You know what task you have to get done so your choice in size may be perfect for your needs.

BH, again you know what your plans are but I would suggest forget the BH and start looking for a used mini x instead. I've had 2 BH attachments, 1 sub-frame mount, 1 3pt mount and they don't come close to work my Bobcat can do.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have 2 mid 80's Kubotas, a L2250 gear and a B8200 HST. Except for a hydraulic pump on the 2250 they have cost me oil, filters and belts in almost 30 years. I'm shopping the BX25D and the B2601 with like packages. My first impression is they are less substantial units now. Vibration transmitted through unit is noticeably greater. The BX seems more a lawn tractor with drive members mounted to a frame rather than one and other, in line, like a true tractor.
My home is 16 acres with one steep hill I mow up and down only in FWD. Want a BH and will not put a 3 point hitch on the older rides. I did notice the exposed plastic fan on the BX, feel it could be
better shielded. Are these units multi decade use machines still? What's been everyone's survice experience
with late model tractors. Thanks all.
Lilguy,

I will think that you will find the BX a little more than "lawn tractor" - but I too will have to admit that when I went looking for a "tractor" I was seeing a heavy duty lawn tractor.....until it moved under me. I have operated three Kubotas in the last 2 years, an old B and new B and a BX, I will have to say that they all are better than I expected.

I have been working on my B7100 today, doing a little TLC .....what a machine! All that being said , I would suggest a B with all the extras. The BX will do everything you wish , but I think you want a little more HP.

As for the plastic fan on the BX, somewhere in the 2013 model they placed a metal shield under it.....and if that isnt enough - BXpanded makes one hellva under armor for the BX.

If you need more lifting and digging - get the B with bucket and hoe. It will last you a decade or more !:)