Where to order or figure out what part

DSS2552

Aug 25, 2015
Vinton, Louisiana
I have a L2850 4 wheel drive that I am leaking hydrolic fluid from the two front shafts on front of tractor when I turn. They are they shafts that connect to the front wheels. I can not find the exact name of what I am look for. But i know for sure it is the seals.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a L2850 4 wheel drive that I am leaking hydrolic fluid from the two front shafts on front of tractor when I turn. They are they shafts that connect to the front wheels. I can not find the exact name of what I am look for. But i know for sure it is the seals.

give Wolfman a day or so - he will find the part and the order number....:)

sounds like you have a bad inner seal.....

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
There is some very knowledgeble folk in here that are very busy like Wolfman. IMHO best we reserve their time for task that truly stump us instead of things you can simply do yourself (once you know where to look)

See our Ultimate sticky at the top of this forum for most these answers. That sticky will lead you to below thread that will answer these part # questions.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20111 Post 16 there shows you exactly how a USA based Orange owner with a standard (non grey tractor* ) can get parts numbers which they can then use to order from any dealer, online tractor supply place etc. oh... and some of the online tractor supply places also have the same set up as post 16 describes.

In the Ulitmate sticky will be links to other great insights too. Just enough info you can reach thru it to confuse you after reading things and lead you back to asking questions again :D

*List of grey tractors is in the sticky in the Grey Tractor forum. L2850 is not a Grey Tractor according to that list.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok there is an issue here somewhere????:confused:

First is that your photo of the tractor or a stock image?

I'm betting on a stock image as that is not the steering of a L2850, how do I know that, well that is a hydrostatic steering ram and a L2850 did not have hydro static steering it had manual shaft driven steering, even the PS type still used a gear box.

Please provide more info! ;)

DSS2552

Aug 25, 2015
Vinton, Louisiana
Yes that is a pic I found. But where I have the red arrow point to is where they hydrolic oil is leaking from on both sides. Need to know what it is and how to find parts to replace it. Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You will need to give me a picture of the actual part that you have a leak from, as your tractor does not have a part like you have in the stock picture. ;)

SCPOret

Equipment
B7510HSD, LA272 FEL, Mohawk Brave shredder, Modern rear blade
Jan 21, 2013
Alvin, TX - USA
Picture of my tractor.
Your are leaking out of the power steering unit. if you go to http://www.kubota.com/part/parts.aspx and scroll to the bottom of the page you will see "illustrated parts list". click on it then scroll down and accept the conditions. no go to the top of the page and enter your model and serial number. That will bring up your tractor.
now go down to steering - click on the plus + and it will open up the parts pages for steering. go down to steering (ps) (component parts) - click on it and it will open a page with the parts breakdown. Pick out the parts you need, take it to your Kubota dealer - then it's up to you to install the parts.