Wheel Spacers

davecal

Equipment
Kubota BX2230, FEL, Snowblower, Cab
Aug 4, 2017
Ridgefield, CT USA
Can anyone help with some advice on spacers? I have a Curtis Cab on my tractor and it feels a bit top heavy and I was thinking about adding spacers for stability. Question is, should I, is it a good idea and is it safe? Also, what size would you recommend. Thanks for the help. Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yep go right ahead, it's not going to damage anything.
Most pick the widest they can go with out pushing the tires out past what your blade or snowblower width can cover.
Also get the tires filled, that help even more with stability. ;)

davecal

Equipment
Aug 4, 2017
Ridgefield, CT USA
Okay sounds great, my tires are filled so that's done. What about spacers on the front wheels? Leave them alone?
Also, I've seen a few spacers listed on eBay and some pictures of tractors that had them and the only concern I see is that on some of them the hub doesn't fit snuggly into the hole on the rim, there appears to be some space which I would think puts undo stress on the studs. Am I off base here? Thanks again

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
Mine from Adaptec are snug around the center hub. Almost an interference fit. I had to file slightly to get one wheel back on as I dinged the edge installing it.
Kubota sells 2" spacers for the L series. For the rear but my manual says not to run spacers on the front.

Makes a whole different machine on a slope. With filled tires and low counterweight, mine will crab sideways before even trying to feel tippy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Make sure that if you're going to space the wheels, you're not spacing them wider than your snowblower, or you'll be running over fresh snow. I have that issue now and trying to figure out a way around it.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Front spacers will not help the stability because of the front axle pivot. Spacers on the front may also cause excessive loads on the short front axles and wheel bearings

RobL

Equipment
Kubota L2002DT; Kubota FEL; Wallenstein Log Splitter; King Cutter 5' Brush Hog
Jul 14, 2017
Edmonton, AB
I tried reversing the front wheels on my older L-series and found that the machine became a pig to steer and on uneven ground feedback through the steering wheel became extremely harsh (no power steering).

Given this, I too think that some of the steering mechanism might be over stressed and after only an hour or so of operating, I'm going to swap them back. I can't see why spacers would be any different...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Okay sounds great, my tires are filled so that's done. What about spacers on the front wheels? Leave them alone?
Also, I've seen a few spacers listed on eBay and some pictures of tractors that had them and the only concern I see is that on some of them the hub doesn't fit snuggly into the hole on the rim, there appears to be some space which I would think puts undo stress on the studs. Am I off base here? Thanks again
NEVER space out the front wheels! It doesn't do anything for stability anyways because the front wheels pivot side to side. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
Can anyone help with some advice on spacers? I have a Curtis Cab on my tractor and it feels a bit top heavy and I was thinking about adding spacers for stability. Question is, should I, is it a good idea and is it safe? Also, what size would you recommend. Thanks for the help. Dave
I have the 2" Bro tek rear wheel spacers on my BX23S. I can really feel the difference when I am on a hill. I don't feel as if I am going to roll over... Easy install, and I haven't had any issues with them at all.

http://www.bro-tek.com/wheel_spacers/

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
When I inquired on OTT about useful adds to my new BX wheel spacers came up very early. I do believe they have already saved my bacon when I was loading my truck on what I thought was a pretty minor slope.

All I can say is thanks (Hokie) as I am pretty sure I would have been over without them.

Brotek 2"

davecal

Equipment
Aug 4, 2017
Ridgefield, CT USA
Just installed the spacers, love the new ride! Definitely feels more stable. Went with the 2" based on fatjay's comment about spacing the wheels wider then the snowblower. The 2" are perfect, 48" across the rear wheels with a 50"snowblower so I should be golden.
Thanks for all the advice, Dave

Rowlem

Equipment
BX23S
May 30, 2017
New York
I have the 2" Bro tek rear wheel spacers on my BX23S. I can really feel the difference when I am on a hill. I don't feel as if I am going to roll over... Easy install, and I haven't had any issues with them at all.

http://www.bro-tek.com/wheel_spacers/
What was the part number you used for the Wheel spacers on your BX23S ?
The BX23S is not listed on the Bro-Tek site . I want to get a set of 2 inch for the back of my BX23S but not sure what ones will work .

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
What was the part number you used for the Wheel spacers on your BX23S ?
The BX23S is not listed on the Bro-Tek site . I want to get a set of 2 inch for the back of my BX23S but not sure what ones will work .
I have the 2" spacers on my BX23S. Order the ones labeled for BX25D. If you have a 60" MMM you need to measure the space between your rear tires and rear antiscalp wheels to make sure they will work. If you have a 54" MMM, the 2" will not work. No MMM, no worries.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Rowlem

Equipment
BX23S
May 30, 2017
New York
I have the 2" spacers on my BX23S. Order the ones labeled for BX25D. If you have a 60" MMM you need to measure the space between your rear tires and rear antiscalp wheels to make sure they will work. If you have a 54" MMM, the 2" will not work. No MMM, no worries.

Thanks I was hoping that they would be the same as the BX25D . And yes I do have a 60"mmm and will check the clearance before I order . Although they do say the 2" will fit with the 60"mmm.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Thanks I was hoping that they would be the same as the BX25D . And yes I do have a 60"mmm and will check the clearance before I order . Although they do say the 2" will fit with the 60"mmm.
I'd emailed Brotek prior to ordering and they suggested measuring the space just because the welds could be somewhat out of location from MMM to MMM. Just a precaution.

Gerry Walker

Equipment
B2601 Hst
Feb 6, 2023
Medford NY
Mine from Adaptec are snug around the center hub. Almost an interference fit. I had to file slightly to get one wheel back on as I dinged the edge installing it.
Kubota sells 2" spacers for the L series. For the rear but my manual says not to run spacers on the front.

Makes a whole different machine on a slope. With filled tires and low counterweight, mine will crab sideways before even trying to feel tippy.

Can you send a link for the Adaptec spacers? Thanks

Gerry Walker

Equipment
B2601 Hst
Feb 6, 2023
Medford NY

Were can you get adaptec?

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Were can you get adaptec?
I used Bro-Tek 3" spacers on my B2601. Bolted right on. Very easy. Here's a pic.