What's my B7100 HST Worth?

kubotasan

Aug 12, 2011
Iowa, US
Yes, I will add pictures tonight. But I'm posing the question now: What's my B7100 worth?

It is the Hydrostat, 4WD Model
It has the front PTO clutch, as well as the mid and rear PTO
It has a brand new, never used ROPS
Everything works as it should, except maybe the hour meter. I say that because I bought it with 500 hours on it about 7 years ago. I have left the key in the "on" position several times over the past years, and the gauge continues to click away hours like it's in use even though it's not. So, my meter reads something like 1500 hours, which isn't a big deal to me, just an annoyance.
I have a barely used Kubota Snowcaster, as well as the hydraulic block for the side of the tractor. I also have the original block off plate. I have the hydraulic lift handle assembly to raise and lower the snowcaster.
I have a Kubota Tiller.
I have a set of turf tires and rims on it now, as well as another set of AG rims and tires.

I also have a bunch of MISC OEM parts.

Service; This thing gets serviced even when it doesn't need it. My family owns an auto shop that's been in business 35 years. It gets GREAT care. If anything is worn or breaks, it gets OEM replacement.
As for servicing, 3 or 4 years ago I had the complete steering assembly replaced by Kubota. It had the dreaded knock in it when turning.
The mower deck has had a pulley replaced last year, as well as I purchased an extra "just in case."
Every year the mower deck gets taken off, cleaned, and repaired as needed. It does have a few rust holes here and there, but nowhere that keeps me from mowing.
All fluids are changed regularly, and all fluids were just changed last year over the complete tractor.
New flashers and headlights a few years ago, as well as wiring harnesses for the lights as the old ones were bad.
All new decals on the mower deck after repaint.
Entire tractor was repainted, professionally, at our auto body shop about 5 years ago with automotive paint. This thing will probably never fade. Everything is bright and shiny. The paint job was about 1500 bucks in the end.

The bad; if you leave the key in the on position, the clock keeps running. Oops. So, actual hours are hard to know. It doesn't get run hard. I'd bet I've put less than 500 hours on it since buying it.
Some paint chipping here and there on the mower deck, and probably around the 3 point.
Some rust holes on the mower deck; nothing that prevents use or needs to be repaired, but it's there, and I'm a perfectionist.

That's as much as I can think of. Pictures to come, but help greatly appreciated in the meantime.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Yes, I will add pictures tonight. But I'm posing the question now: What's my B7100 worth?

It is the Hydrostat, 4WD Model
It has the front PTO clutch, as well as the mid and rear PTO
It has a brand new, never used ROPS
Everything works as it should, except maybe the hour meter. I say that because I bought it with 500 hours on it about 7 years ago. I have left the key in the "on" position several times over the past years, and the gauge continues to click away hours like it's in use even though it's not. So, my meter reads something like 1500 hours, which isn't a big deal to me, just an annoyance.
I have a barely used Kubota Snowcaster, as well as the hydraulic block for the side of the tractor. I also have the original block off plate. I have the hydraulic lift handle assembly to raise and lower the snowcaster.
I have a Kubota Tiller.
I have a set of turf tires and rims on it now, as well as another set of AG rims and tires.

I also have a bunch of MISC OEM parts.

Service; This thing gets serviced even when it doesn't need it. My family owns an auto shop that's been in business 35 years. It gets GREAT care. If anything is worn or breaks, it gets OEM replacement.
As for servicing, 3 or 4 years ago I had the complete steering assembly replaced by Kubota. It had the dreaded knock in it when turning.
The mower deck has had a pulley replaced last year, as well as I purchased an extra "just in case."
Every year the mower deck gets taken off, cleaned, and repaired as needed. It does have a few rust holes here and there, but nowhere that keeps me from mowing.
All fluids are changed regularly, and all fluids were just changed last year over the complete tractor.
New flashers and headlights a few years ago, as well as wiring harnesses for the lights as the old ones were bad.
All new decals on the mower deck after repaint.
Entire tractor was repainted, professionally, at our auto body shop about 5 years ago with automotive paint. This thing will probably never fade. Everything is bright and shiny. The paint job was about 1500 bucks in the end.

The bad; if you leave the key in the on position, the clock keeps running. Oops. So, actual hours are hard to know. It doesn't get run hard. I'd bet I've put less than 500 hours on it since buying it.
Some paint chipping here and there on the mower deck, and probably around the 3 point.
Some rust holes on the mower deck; nothing that prevents use or needs to be repaired, but it's there, and I'm a perfectionist.

That's as much as I can think of. Pictures to come, but help greatly appreciated in the meantime.

I often wonder what mine is "worth" too......I have a 92 HST and 60" mmm, no snow blower, and no front PTO. Mine has 750 hours. Bought it for $3400 - which I think was a great buy.

The market drives the price - if selling start upwards of mid 5's and then back down if no one bites.

In my opinion - mine is worth MORE to me than selling it, if that makes sense. I have a brand new BX with 60" and now have removed it to cut with the B7100.

The B7100 model was one of those models that Kubota got almost everything right, small, powerful , bullet proof machine. Kinda like an old ford 8N model - still see a hellva lot of them out working daily.

I see similar models on CL asking $4500 and even $5500 for JUST the machine.....NO attachments.......I often think that that is a wee bit too high.

What do you feel it is worth? :)

Wayne64SS

Equipment
'13 MX5100HST, '82 B7100HST
May 27, 2015
Duanesburg NY
Kinda wondering if I got a good deal on mine, and what it's worth. I'm going to be forced to sell it if I can't find a snowblower setup to work.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's easier to say "I think it's worth $X" and then let us decide if your in the ball park. ;)

Every local market is different, so every price point is different.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like your in the ball park, List it here in the for sale section and list it on Craigs List and it will sell.