What's cookin' boys?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
What cajun seasoning you use? And do y’all get morel mushrooms over in your area? I don’t eat mushrooms but grew up mushroom hunting in Illinois.
I'll check it later. It was an impulse buy a while back on a "bargain shelf" of different blends at the grocery store.

I've made my own for years with various "stuff". I'm getting more lazy as I get older....

For mushrooms, I honestly like the plain white button mushrooms. Simple, cheap, etc. My father-in-law used to pick wild ones too. They were really good. Unfortunately he passed away before he taught me what to pick.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I wonder if this is available in the "Glaciated North"?? ;)
Can't say as I've ever seen it up here, but we also lack easy access to the good critters to put it on. There are crayfish around, but given what is in the "drains" and the river nearby not sure I'd want to eat them.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I wonder if this is available in the "Glaciated North"?? ;)
That would probably be the most commonly found up there. When I go back to visit my I usually have a load of food and other stuff from down here. Tony’s is Ok, a local place here has their own blend which is my favorite

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Loving the new Kamado Big Joe, cooked a 3.5 pound tomahawk ribeye on it Sunday.

Took it off at 127f and after the rest it came up to 136 perfect for me.

Sorry about the side ways pic no idea how to rotate it. It is correct when I open it but not when I attach it.

Attachments

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Can't say as I've ever seen it up here,
Actually I have a friend that lives in Harrison that takes a stash of Tonys back with him when he visits here. It's a trade because he always brings "Troll Pies" to us. The Masonic Lodge in Harrison makes/sells frozen Pasties so we bring back as many as will fit into the RV frig/freezer compartment. ;)

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Sorry about the side ways pic no idea how to rotate it. It is correct when I open it but not when I attach it.
Yup, this forum needs updating very badly and the tools added to allow users to properly edit and turn pictures.

For IPhone pictures to be oriented correctly the phone must be held horizontally with the home button under the right thumb. Pictures taken with the phone vertically will be displayed sideways. Selfies will be upside down.

I have no idea about pictures taken with non-IPhones such as Android, etc.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Magic- that Tony’s stuff is advertised on television, but don’t recall seeing it in the store. I’ve been interested in trying it if I ever saw it.

Creature- that steak looks great.... I could see myself inhaling that thing!

Ford - I’ll be darned, branded Kingsford. Guessing the BADIA is the maker? I think it was just a couple dollars, but not too bad at all.

(Of course, us guys in upstate New York are probably not the most reliable judges of Cajun seasonings.....[emoji3] [emoji2957])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
One never knows. Some Coonasses migrated to South Louisiana after being kicked out of Nova Scotia. :rolleyes: Of course I have no idea if that affected any of the NY population?? After a few hundred years, through no fault of our own, we are a strange mix and that mix should never be allowed to divide us.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Magic- that Tony’s stuff is advertised on television, but don’t recall seeing it in the store. I’ve been interested in trying it if I ever saw it.

Creature- that steak looks great.... I could see myself inhaling that thing!

Ford - I’ll be darned, branded Kingsford. Guessing the BADIA is the maker? I think it was just a couple dollars, but not too bad at all.

(Of course, us guys in upstate New York are probably not the most reliable judges of Cajun seasonings.....[emoji3] [emoji2957])

Fake news :eek: Kingsford is lying to you :D I have never seen that stuff here. And I see its missing the stamp

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Without question we will have to give it a try the next time we pass through Alexandria.

My next planned trip to South Louisiana will be to Gonzales and they also have some good Coonass food.

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Without question we will have to give it a try the next time we pass through Alexandria.

My next planned trip to South Louisiana will be to Gonzales and they also have some good Coonass food.
You got a mill job down there?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The stamp in blue what Im talking about [emoji16]
Thanks, I’ll have to look for something like that. [emoji851]

Guessing not too common up here in Maple Syrup country.....

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Cooking related: for years we’ve grown a few fresh herbs. Built a couple new planter boxes this spring just outside kitchen.

We recently got one of those Air-Fryer things. It also dehydrates....anyone ever tried dehydration for fresh basil, oregano, thyme, etc??

Almost all gets used right off the plant. I’ve tried plain air-drying some of the extra stuff without much success, except for rosemary.

Last edited: