What's a good/going price for a L3710 HST?

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Just picked up an L3710 HST ROPS that I think I got for a smoking deal here in the northeast...I know those are cheaper down south and in the midwest.

What do you guys think a L3710 HST, 4wd with great maintenance records, all dealer performed maintenance including recent split machine to repair HST seal and all seals replaced while apart, complete Super UDT2 change, new filters and oil change, front axle seals replaced and front axle fluid changed, LA682 loader with 72" bucket in good condition, 50% tires, rears loaded, etc would go for?

So far mechanicals are all good, everything works as good as it should except for a cracked front headlight and a little rust starting on the fenders.

Billdog350

Equipment
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Sorry I didn't mention it has 1900hrs which isn't new by far, but the motor starts and sounds better than some 400hr machines I've ran....HST doesn't make a bit of noise...

Paid $8800 for it....I will need to replace the rear rim soon because the calcium is causing it to rust real badly, but even with that to replace and some minor aesthetic items, I think its a great deal!

The deal is that the dealer was going to give him $8500 for it as a trade (which sounds a bit low but I don't know what Dealers normally give)....so he figured he'd sell for a few hundred more than that and it was all good. that dealer can be attributed for my great deal!

It barely fit in my dump trailer!

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
At $8.8K that is a awesome steal;) - looks like you need some bucket tweaking and a longer trailer!:)

Curious - why are the cylinders all faded worse than the rest of the tractor? Due to heat that is built up inside when operating - and the sun's uv? I would think the same "paint" is used all around. Then again at that price - they could have been painted pink and green and I would love it!:p Nice looking machine;)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Nice deal. A lot of work done to be able to buy at that price. Maybe cylinders are not originals and have some over-spray on them.

That last picture looks like the machine is trying to tell you "thanks". It's leaning over the front of the trailer trying to "talk"!

Billdog350

Equipment
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Thanks guys for the support, I thought it was a great deal that I couldn't pass up!

Hokie, that trailer is perfect for my use and you're right the bucket has a little bend in it...I may try to straighten but I almost lost my life when a 12 ton jack let go last time I tried to straighten a bucket...so I might just live with the bend. I have a 18' flatbed car trailer but the tires are a little beat so I knew I could easily carry the tractor on my 10k dump back from NH.

Interesting you guys noticed the cylinders (and rims) being discolored. Here in the northeast I have seen this on many of the Kubotas in the 2000-2004 vintage...I think Kubota subbed out some parts for different mfg or paint...because they ALL fade that way. My dad has a 2002ish L48 and ALL of his cylinders are faded like this on the top both on the backhoe and loader.

I'm planning on repainting they cylinders and rims in the short term and later the fenders and other areas that look a little worn.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
You got it $1700 less than I did for my B7610. Most, if not all Northeast Dealers are on crack when they sell used equipment. Items depreciate, not gain value sitting the sun for 10 years. Trade in numbers are another kick in the junk. For grins I asked about an L-cab for 24,000. They offered $6500 trade for my 300 hr machine. I laughed and walked off the lot- With 12K cash in my jacket.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Paint. Can't have too much! That machine will clean up nicely.

Good save on a great machine. A friend has one of the older versions (pre HST) and has over 6600 hours on it. Loves it.

I wonder if one of those car straightening places that "un-bends" cars tweaked in an accident could put that bucket on their rack and straighten it out for you? I am always amazed when I see light tractors with bent buckets and I wonder how the heck they did it.

Enjoy! More pictures as you "git 'er done."

Ray

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I see light tractors with bent buckets and I wonder how the heck they did it.

Ray
Ray,

I have seen too many "operators" place the ol chain around the center of the bucket and pull as if they can move the proverbial mountain by jerking the living shyte till something gives.....typically the weak spot in the top of the bucket!:(