What's a fair price for this rear blade?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
That's a heavy duty blade which is set up for either cat1 or cat2 3point. Looks like its adjustable to offset the blade. Price can vary depending on the manufacture, as you know name brands bring a premium. New I'd guesstimate they sold between $800 to $1,200.

I'd feel comfortable in it for around $500 to $600. It's in great shape, not bent all to crap.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Got the blade yesterday for $225. He said it was a Bush Hog brand but it's actually a Tufline GB4-84. Tag is right on it??!! Anyway, so far happy with it. It's beefy for sure. According to their website it comes in at 576# Landscape GB Series Grader Blades - Monroe Tufline I stopped at TSC on the way home and got pin bushings for it so it'd fit the HF QH good and tight. Also got some new pins and clips to replace the bolts he had rigged it with.

It isn't QH compatable obviously. I had to get the angle grinder and BFH out a few minutes but I got it hooked up now. It needs a little TLC and a fresh coat of paint but I am pleased for the price.

It's only a few (maybe 6) inches off the ground when the 3ph is all the way up. Not sure if that's normal or if the blade is "too big" for the tractor, but it'll be fine I think when I get the TnT installed where I can pull the top link in and get it higher during transport.

Here's the part I had to trim out to get the QH top hook to fit on the pin.

Here is it on the tractor. It'll look much better when I get a coat of paint on it.

I got a Woods box blade coming this week but I've been reading a lot of people say that you really need both. That you'll likely use the BB a lot more, but there are some things you need a GB for. I was dreading the thought of buying a new one cause I wanted a HD one and they're higher than a cat's back. I was really lucky to have ran across this one when I did, and I just happened to look at CL on a whim because I was bored.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Yea that was a good deal, that is a good heavy duty looking blade, should last you for a long time. good find !
The people around here trying to sell on Craigslist want $300+ for broken & worn out implements, Haven't run across many good deals yet.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
That blade is intended for a much larger tractor, which would sit higher. You can crank the top link in to get the blade higher off the ground, but you are definitely going to hang up and get stuck if you get in hilly terrain. When the blade won't go any higher and the back tires are lifting off the ground, you will be stuck good...so, be mindful of the terrain around you.
That is an excellent price. Good find!