What will it take?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This country is divided politically and economically, and as time goes on it seems to get worse. Main stream media opens their news cast with murders, robberies, tragic accidents because many seem to enjoy seeing others in worse situations than them.

Things such a guns, vaccinations, and inflation (fuel prices) become the topics that cause disagreements.

Saw this quote and realized it may be the only answer to all our bickering. We're all spoiled beyond understanding, which makes some lazy, needy and deserving something from others with more.

"Pat Goggins, Mt. rancher and editor of some livestock newspapers, one now is called Western Livestock Reporter. Pat is deceased now, but he always wrote a column for his papers. He said many times, "There isn't anything wrong with this country that a good old case of hollow-belly won't fix."

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This country is divided politically and economically, and as time goes on it seems to get worse. Main stream media opens their news cast with murders, robberies, tragic accidents because many seem to enjoy seeing others in worse situations than them.

Things such a guns, vaccinations, and inflation (fuel prices) become the topics that cause disagreements.

Saw this quote and realized it may be the only answer to all our bickering. We're all spoiled beyond understanding, which makes some lazy, needy and deserving something from others with more.

"Pat Goggins, Mt. rancher and editor of some livestock newspapers, one now is called Western Livestock Reporter. Pat is deceased now, but he always wrote a column for his papers. He said many times, "There isn't anything wrong with this country that a good old case of hollow-belly won't fix."

What will it take?
An October 1929 style crash should do the job!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I hear you. It cheered me no end this morning to see a fb share of a video of a farmer in Ukraine stealing a tank....was towing it off with his tractor! To a mulch heap somewhere I hope. You do what you can with what you have.

Reactions: 1 user

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Fortunately there is still a percentage of the population that has refused the mass formation psychosis that is being played out upon the globe. Do some research on mass formation psychosis and prove me wrong.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Fortunately there is still a percentage of the population that has refused the mass formation psychosis that is being played out upon the globe. Do some research on mass formation psychosis and prove me wrong.
Wish I could. Can’t.

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Glad I'm 72 years old and lived during the best generation. I really do not want to see and experience what is coming.........................probably shortly.

Reactions: 2 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Those who lived through the Great Depression are now pretty much gone, with them goes the knowledge of how to live through it. Those who lived through a world war and fought it are now pretty much gone, along with the memories of the horror.

As each old generation passes and the knowledge of past events fade, so begins the new generations that must repeat has happened in the past. When schools fail to teach proper history of recent events, but focus on what happened 100's of years ago, recent events are doomed to be repeated.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. By not teaching events of the past century where modern weapons and tactics are employed, and how they were dealt with along with the horrors of it all. When economic pitfalls happened due to greed and mismanagement that destroyed a vast economy and put millions at hardships are not taught. Well

Those who fail to learn from history

Are doomed to repeat it.

Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Those who lived through the Great Depression are now pretty much gone, with them goes the knowledge of how to live through it. Those who lived through a world war and fought it are now pretty much gone, along with the memories of the horror.

As each old generation passes and the knowledge of past events fade, so begins the new generations that must repeat has happened in the past. When schools fail to teach proper history of recent events, but focus on what happened 100's of years ago, recent events are doomed to be repeated.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. By not teaching events of the past century where modern weapons and tactics are employed, and how they were dealt with along with the horrors of it all. When economic pitfalls happened due to greed and mismanagement that destroyed a vast economy and put millions at hardships are not taught. Well

Those who fail to learn from history

Are doomed to repeat it.
When I was in school, which wasn’t recent, I always kind of wondered why it was US History always started with pre-Revolution and ended about WW1. Seemed we always “ran out of time” before we got into anything past about 1900. When I was in college I took a course in Modern History that started with WW1 and went forward from there. The rest of my admittedly limited knowledge of modern history, US or otherwise, had to be self study/research. Seems to me it’s pretty difficult to understand the current state of the world, people’s attitudes toward various countries they don’t live in, different political systems, etc. without knowing more modern history. Generally speaking I think we do ourselves and our students a disservice by not dispassionately teaching the facts of modern history to allow for a more informed voting populace. For anyone outside the US, that opinion is solely applicable to the US educational system, nowhere else.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I work for a bank and have been paid on a straight commission basis for 36 years . There are few complaints among us and little bickering. There is very little in the form of directions provided for the position. There are thousands of people that do what I do. The notion that if you don't work you don't eat is a strong motivating factor. This causes those that can handle this arrangement to generally exceed most expectations. I know a very wealthy guy whose hunting dogs were the most disciplined animals I ever witnessed. They were trained with shock collars. When I expressed my astonishment with a glint in his cold steely eye he replied "Fear is a powerful motivator". Ditto.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I hear you. It cheered me no end this morning to see a fb share of a video of a farmer in Ukraine stealing a tank....was towing it off with his tractor! To a mulch heap somewhere I hope. You do what you can with what you have.
This should be a quick snip of it. Wife sent it earlier.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Glad I'm 72 years old and lived during the best generation. I really do not want to see and experience what is coming.........................probably shortly.
I agree with you. I'm almost 72, and I believe I grew up in probably the best period in history. Sure there was the cold war and other problems, but we had a decent education system, nuclear families were still by far in the majority, drugs weren't really a problem yet, the girls were hot, the cars were even hotter, the music was unbelievable, and the American dream was still within reach of most people. In the summer I could leave the house in the morning on my bike, and not come back home until supper time, and no one worried about where I was and what I was doing. Of course I lived in a semi-rural area and everybody knew everybody else, and thanks to part line phones, we knew what all the gossip was.
Of course, it all changed when I snuck one past the goalie and had to get married in '70.
But for me, life's been good, very few complaints. For the most part, I've lived life like I wanted to.

I also share your concern for the my children and grandchildren and coming generations and what they are going to be facing. We haven't exactly left the world like it was when we got it.

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
I agree with you. I'm almost 72, and I believe I grew up in probably the best period in history. Sure there was the cold war and other problems, but we had a decent education system, nuclear families were still by far in the majority, drugs weren't really a problem yet, the girls were hot, the cars were even hotter, the music was unbelievable, and the American dream was still within reach of most people. In the summer I could leave the house in the morning on my bike, and not come back home until supper time, and no one worried about where I was and what I was doing. Of course I lived in a semi-rural area and everybody knew everybody else, and thanks to part line phones, we knew what all the gossip was.
Of course, it all changed when I snuck one past the goalie and had to get married in '70.
But for me, life's been good, very few complaints. For the most part, I've lived life like I wanted to.

I also share your concern for the my children and grandchildren and coming generations and what they are going to be facing. We haven't exactly left the world like it was when we got it.

Exactly !!!!!!!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep the 60s and early 70s were good times. I helped Mom can stuff for the winter and make jelly, being the oldest you did what you were told when you were told. What I learned I tried to pass along to my girls. Taught them to hunt and shoot fish and trap, and caught hell from everyone,, you know they are little girls,,, and all that. Both know so much more about how to survive that almost all of their friends, but each generation looses something from the one before untill they no longer remember or know. And then suddenly they have to learn it all over again, more than likely the hard way

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Went to Slovakia in 1999. The door of the birdcage was open after the fall of the Soviet empire but they were scared of what was on the other side. Went to a recently built department store with 8 checkouts but they were only using one. Standing in line was a way of life. Nobody would look you in the eye. Nobody would smile. Band playing Christmas songs in the town center. You could easily tell who the foreigners were because we were the only ones that clapped when they finished a song. Saw the poles with the speakers on street corners for the government to communicate with the people. Had a color camera but the pictures of the buildings looked b&w. If every American could see this they would have a whole new appreciation for our country! Hopefully things are better now but that sure opened my eyes to what a government can do to the people

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Sometimes it is the rose colored glasses that help.
Good times in Korea, lets not forget the garden party in Viet Nam.
Jim Crow south. Aids. Watts burning.
Famine in Africa along with Ebola and genocide wars!
Our children coming back from the desert with massive war injuries. Where were the WMD !!
Sent more kids to Afghanistan . Yeah, our generation sent them after we forgot about the wars we lost.
Some of us have parents and grand parents that immigrated from Europe but they want to make it much harder at the southern border.
I am fairly well educated and my children are more educated. I tried to instill in them that there is far more to history than what is in the books approved by the board of ed.
I have had a good life but I removed the blinders decades ago.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Why do we fight wars knowing the American people are not ones to WIN a war? What does it take to win a war? Death, Destruction, Annihilation, Victory over all! How did WE win WWII? We bombed and fought tooth and nail until the enemy was DEAD. We NUKED two Japanese cities wiping out thousands of civilians in a flash.

Thats how you win a war.

America will never ever win another war. Instead we send our sons and daughters to die for people who really do not want our help. Could we have won in Afghanistan? Sure, but the costs would be too high for our country. We would be no better than Hitler. How do you win in Afghanistan? You nuke it until it is nothing but glass. Soviets figured that out a long time ago.

Have we gone soft over time? Yep.

Reality is, a War today is a no win situation. With a Doomsday clock hanging over the world, any war between powerful nations results in either a stale mate, or total world annihilation.

Then there are those who it is all about ME ME ME. I do believe there are becoming more ME ME ME people than anything else. Not good for Society. How much longer before the great collapse?

HG Wells, Time Machine. Look at how future humans are portrayed. Dumb, can't do anything for themselves. Can't read, can't farm, all their provisions are given to them by CHUD, and they are livestock.

Makes one wonder, is that the true future?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Power and greed does not serve the minions. 1. Minions mainly want to provide comfortable life with manageable stress and generally be left alone. 2. However, there are some really ‘talented’ ( I use that so not in a time out’ ) individuals that seem to think it’s ok to tell others what they can and can’t do (they are hustlers, grifters, carpetbaggers, dogooders) We know who they are they are. But we go back to number one. We rather be left alone so we don’t do much. There is a very small minority of the population that seem to have the market cornered on the majorities good nature….and worst thing is they have the microphone…they worse than herpes…I think it is Stockholm syndrome sort of on a greater scale if I am being polite. So we pay taxes (labor - blood sweat and tears to execute number 1) and very little representation out of the scheme. Then there are those who contribute nothing economically and have an equal vote if voting is even real. Do the basic math and something has to change…unfortunately those that have it coming likely never pay their rightful dues. 😒. So what do we do? We’ll we should avoid contributing to others delinquency financilly as much as possible and beyond that we need better organization. We are the masses but have no organization and seem to have very short term memory. We are argueing over who is better (arguing about the better liar - that’s not a choice) between the two choices which are really one (in most cases) that do nothing but lie to us with our blood and sweat. We should be be ashamed. We need to break the cycle and stop being distracted by the shiny object. Until that happens I am afraid we continue to divide ourselves while we are being robbed.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Until that happens I am afraid we continue to divide ourselves while we are being robbed.
Isnt that the whole point of being in those positions of power ?