What valve do I need?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan, I assume that your future alterations of your existing setup are to accommodate a backhoe? :unsure:
I have no plans for a hoe. I am just changing the outlet mounting design. Going to replace my panel mount two way sleeve couplers with the push/pull connect under pressure Faster style used on the big tractors.

Goal is to make the individual sets of outlets modular and stackable. Similar to the OEM outlet blocks used on most other Kubota series but using base mounted Faster 4SRHF couplers like on the M6. On some machines the ROPs is a convenient spot for them but on my L01 I think I will mount them right behind the seat like the picture below of an M6

Dan

M6 Remotes.png

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Boatman

Equipment
Kubota L2800, Kubota BX1870
Nov 26, 2016
Mill Spring, NC, US
Thanks for all the insight.

My hope was to find a diverter that has 2 in and 2 out ports that would eliminate the Tee circuit and make for a cleaner install.

Maybe that's a unicorn.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny

My hope was to find a diverter that has 2 in and 2 out ports that would eliminate the Tee circuit and make for a cleaner install.

Maybe that's a unicorn.
Could you use a valve like this and just loop the second cylinder output ports? Then one output position would feed the backhoe and the other would be your bypass position.

Bill

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Here

Maybe that's a unicorn.
Such a valve would have very limited uses. If you think about the two circuits the tee would necessarily be internal to the valve. That said any home shop machinist with a milling machine and a modicum of skill could easily make that unicorn a reality. A year ago I would have told you to PM me for details :)

Dan

Untitled.png

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England

Maybe that's a unicorn.
I could be completely off the mark here; why can't you eliminate the "jumper" hose by using a male and a female connector on the 2 hoses that connect to the backhoe?
When you remove just plug the 2 hoses together?
That should get rid of the jumper?

Or for even less hose flopping around (haha!) remove one of the hoses, put a male coupling either right on or as close to possible to the port, have a female coupling on the hose that's left and when you remove the backhoe connect the hose to the port?

Either would also eliminate exposed coupler ends.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Excuse me if I missed it, but did anyone think of it dead heading or at least going up against the relief valve?
This is why they don't put valves on these circuits.
Leave the valve in the wrong position and you can push the system into doing some damage the hydraulic system.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Excuse me if I missed it, but did anyone think of it dead heading or at least going up against the relief valve?
Leave the valve in the wrong position and you can push the system into doing some damage the hydraulic system.
You can do the same thing with a hose. Dozens of examples of that in the threads here.

Dan

Boatman

Equipment
Nov 26, 2016
Mill Spring, NC, US
I could be completely off the mark here; why can't you eliminate the "jumper" hose by using a male and a female connector on the 2 hoses that connect to the backhoe?
When you remove just plug the 2 hoses together?
That should get rid of the jumper?

Or for even less hose flopping around (haha!) remove one of the hoses, put a male coupling either right on or as close to possible to the port, have a female coupling on the hose that's left and when you remove the backhoe connect the hose to the port?

Either would also eliminate exposed coupler ends.
That's the way it was originally. Two long hoses that you connected together when the PB circuit is being used. Didn't like all that extra hose that would have to be coiled up and bungeed somewhere. So I made a mounting block and use a short section for the loop. Always looking for a better way. This got me on the search for a valve.

20231203_170047.jpg

Boatman

Equipment
Nov 26, 2016
Mill Spring, NC, US
Such a valve would have very limited uses. If you think about the two circuits the tee would necessarily be internal to the valve. That said any home shop machinist with a milling machine and a modicum of skill could easily make that unicorn a reality. A year ago I would have told you to PM me for details :)

Dan

View attachment 117312

Yup... your diagram is exactly what I would like. I can't be the only person that has wanted this.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That's the way it was originally. Two long hoses that you connected together when the PB circuit is being used. Didn't like all that extra hose that would have to be coiled up and bungeed somewhere. So I made a mounting block and use a short section for the loop. Always looking for a better way. This got me on the search for a valve.

View attachment 117340
The loopback is ugly but the main reason I went with.a valve is it eliminates the need to turn the tractor off when connecting or disconnecting the implement.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Boatman

Equipment
Nov 26, 2016
Mill Spring, NC, US
Totally understand the consequences of leaving the valve in the wrong position. Must admit that when I first got the hoe I forgot to complete the loop a couple times. Realized it as soon I turned the key.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Totally understand the consequences of leaving the valve in the wrong position. Must admit that when I first got the hoe I forgot to complete the loop a couple times. Realized it as soon I turned the key.
Loader and 3pt not working is a pretty good reminder.

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I mainly made the post to bring it to light for the people out there that do not know the consequences. ;)

Reactions: 1 user