What oils do you use

Reddman

Equipment
B-7610, backhoe, brush hog, box blade, post hole auger
May 8, 2013
Kelso, Washington
I have a 2006 B7610 and have always just used the Kubota motor oil and transmission oil.
Thinking about using Rottella for the motor. The big Q is thier transmission oil just AW-32 or will the tractor fluid from the local NAPA work. Getting cheap in my old age.:D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Soo we don't start another oil world war debate do a search of the threads, the topic has been brought up way to often lately with a much heated debate.

This question as been answered many times over so look threw the threads.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Long and the short of it is its your tractor, put in what you feel comfortable with. Many people swear by Kubota oils, many swear by Rotella and some even use tractor fluid you can buy at Wal-mart and the local auto parts store. You can even find a video on here where Service Dept Vic gives an over view of what oils to use depending on climate and region.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeaolHWdslg&list=UUcyNCAXVF1omL2z3M8kN3QQ&index=14

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Reddman, I'll say this not intending to hurt feelings or show disrespect of any kind or way. This is my opinion and personal view on this subject.

Looking at the equipment you have listed and assuming you purchased it new I'm guessing you spent upper teens, close to 20K for everything. I look at this in 2 different ways.
1. You don't plan to keep the tractor long
2. You plan to keep it till it dies

If you are thinking number 1 then I say run the cheapest of everything because it don't matter, it won't be your problem after it's sold.

If number 2 is more along the way you feel why would you want to shorten the life span of your tractor by saving $20 on a oil change. It's not like you need to change oil every month or two. I'm not saying that you have to use Kubota oil and fluid, I don't. But I didn't look for cheaper, I looked for higher quality instead. I plan on my tractors to outlast me and still be in good shape for my kids when they take over. I'll gladly pay extra for quality lubricants now instead of spending thousands in repairs later.

Like I said this is only my opinion. I didn't fire a warning shot or set any land mines. I have no intention of starting a oil war, please...:D