What makes a good product better?

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.

Simple, the dealership and the people who work there.

This morning Mrs. 4shorts and myself headed into the city to buy our fourth Kubota product since 2008. I'll admit that the first Kubota (Grand L 4240C) was purchased because of the Kubota name BUT the next three machines were purchased because of the fine people who work and run Newfoundland Kubota and as they say on Duck Dynasty "That's a fact Jack"

We arrived and went into the showroom. We were greeted by a lovely receptionist saying "Good Morning" then we seen Todd Fisher. He's one of Newfoundland Kubota's Sales Representatives and the guy who sold us our first Kubota and every other one since then. As Todd was talking to us Darcy Tucker who is the companies GM and sales rep. came over and shook hands with us. As customers my wife and I are always impressed with the professionalism these guys have and are great representatives of the Kubota product line.

Our new BX25D was sitting there on the showroom floor and I know how much everyone here enjoys a few photos and seeing I do so much bragging about our Kubota dealership I talked Darcy and Todd into a photo moment ;) Darcy is left, Todd on the Right

Now on to the tractor. We paid for the machine but never took delivery yet because the guys got the Kubota QC system, the tool box and the mechanical thumb ordered plus we're in no rush for the machine because its not going to be used until this coming spring. I did ask the guys about the optional rear fender Kubota lights but they didn't have a listing on them but said they would check on them and get back to us.

I also asked about the rubber pads that go on the backhoes outriggers and low and behold they had them sitting on the floor. After seeing them I knew it was an easy build but the guys gave us a good buy on them so we bought them as well.

As I usually do, I've included some photos for your viewing pleasure. When the guys do get the machine out to us the mods will start and I'll use this same thread to show them.

I have a birthday in a few weeks so my lovely wife got this BX for me. What a great wife and thanks to Darcy and Todd for making this purchase like all the others a very pleasant experience for us.

Happy New Year everyone.
Paul & Kathy aka 4shorts

Some showroom photo's:

I call it "The Swiss Army Knife of tractors"

Darcy (Left) Todd (right)

New for 2013 is the new steering wheel and dash:

Wow the seat is new as well for 2013. Nice job Kubota!

Outrigger pads:

For a bonus photo I added this: ;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I dont know what it is but theres something wong with one of those pictures,,,,,, AHHHHHHHHH I know the big window,,,I SEE GREEN GRASS yes grass,, no snow,,,hmmmmmmm,, be thar sumthin ya not be tellen us mate,, like ya picked up and moved WAY SOUTH????:D

Wildfire

Equipment
I dont know what it is but theres something wong with one of those pictures,,,,,, AHHHHHHHHH I know the big window,,,I SEE GREEN GRASS yes grass,, no snow,,,hmmmmmmm,, be thar sumthin ya not be tellen us mate,, like ya picked up and moved WAY SOUTH????:D
The closest thing I've seen to snow is the caned snow they spray on windows at Christmas. It's as green here as It is in Spetember. We had snow but its no more :mad::(

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va

Thats some good shit your smoking buddy!:eek: I've gone back over the pictures several times and all I see is a parking lot full of cars out the window!

bobkeyes

Sep 17, 2012
Corbin, Kentucky

Sure wish we had a dealer like that. Ours is really "ratty". And the 'staff'? They could give a $h$$ whether you are there or not. Tried to buy a new one from them. It took over 48 hours to get a price. Went back the next day with my check book. Waited 30 minutes alone while they were on the phone. When they got off it seems my tractor had jumped $2,900 in price. Some items they forgot, they said. Oh well, that's the brakes.

Did you buy the tool box too!! :cool:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
NO SNOW,,,,welll you lucky little bugger,,,lol,,;)
I like that little beast I know I could get into all kinds of ahhh mishaps with it,,lol
And if you look over the tops of the truck in the parking lot you will see green,,:D
At any rate my friend I would like to wish you and yours a most wonderful and happy New Year
God Bless
Peace
Skeets

pmhowe

Equipment
L4240, Ford 8N, Kioti CK 2610
Jun 23, 2012
Banner Elk NC
Your “Swiss army knife” looks like a real asset. I’ll bet, with its maneuverability and flexibility, you and your wife will have more fun with it than with the L5740. I’ll bet also that this smaller tractor will stimulate your imagination even more than the big ones did, and we will see lots of interesting modifications. I, for one, am looking forward to that, figuring I’ll adapt some of them to my tractor.

Your comments about your dealer are refreshing. I have read lots of reviews about dealers (not just tractor dealers) and, more often than not, there is a major beef. In the states, people seem to speak highly of Messicks and Barlows regularly. It’s good to learn about a good one in Canada, as well.

It is -3F here tonight where I live. It has snowed all day, but only flurries, so total accumulation is only about an inch. Not enough to justify firing up the tractor, more’s the pity. However, the next month should prove interesting.

Congratulations on the new tractor. Thanks for showing the pictures taken at the dealership. They made me drool. Thanks also for your comments about your dealer.

Happy new year!

PMH

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I'd thought about the thread title before I read what you had to say, and came up with things close to what you said. I have been seeing my dealer -ADAMS Tractors in Spokane WA - once or twice a year for about 30 years, before I made my first purchase with him. He always knew who I was, what tractor I have, what I did with it, etc. etc. He performed warranty service with a smile. He always had plenty of time to chat, show me the latest models, and extol the virtues of the Kubota line. When I decided to buy, I got what seems an average good deal - about 15% less than the online price. I've heard of better, but don't complain. Like with cars, someone else ALWAYS seems to have done better!
Now, I continue to get red carpet treatment when I walk in the showroom. I know the dealer sells a quality product, whatever it might be. I know I receive 1st rate support. I feel he/they care. That is what makes the quality product even better.
In Portugal and Brazil, they say "Prospero Ano Novo" - Have a Prosperous New Year!!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I like many others have been fortunate to have a great dealer as well. I deal with Cavalier International in Ashland Va. They have been in the tractor business for a number of years. Started off in a small facility then moved a few miles North into a much larger state of the art building.

What I think is awesome and sets them apart is they have a yearly customer appreciation day where all customers come in for a bbq lunch, free give-aways, drawings and raffles.

Cavalier Intl has done so well for themselves over the years they just opened up a second location about an hour an a half away from their current store.

What really blew me away and puts them in my book as a fantastic dealer. Years ago when I bought my little B6100E used it cost me someone in the area of $4,000. I went to the bank and my bank gave me a loan for only $3,000. Being that I was only $1,000 short they allowed me to take the tractor home with the $3,000 check and I was able to make monthly payments to the dealer for the remaining balance $1,000.

Not also that great customer service my sales man did not like the idea of my soon to me B6100 did not have enough weights on the front end and he set me up with the proper amounts of suit case weight free of charge.

Kubota Guy

Equipment
RTV 1100, Kubota BX 2230, B3000
Dec 26, 2012
Cold Spring, MN, USA
Being a newbie to the thread, I have been reading and taking in all the great conversations and information presented. Nicely Done folks! What a great thread opportunity for those that can really better the brand.

The specs, price and warranties are very comparable on the internet these days. The "electronic movement" has mostly satisfied this need of information. It used to be you needed to call or go to the dealership to determine all that.

Unless a relationship is already established, it is more difficult to understand the Dealership and solution providing services you will get these days. With the internet, I have a general opinion that dealerships are becoming used to "transactional relationships only". Some of the dealerships have become more dependent on the customer to find, price and understand what they need. Some dealerships shared provide a real connection to what the customer needs: A relationship and loyalty based connection with the customer.

When buying a larger purchase, I personally value a connection with whomever I am doing business with. I am looking for the long-term relationship even after I buy it. It is the sales, service, parts and general management of the dealership that set my choices apart from one manufacturer to another. I am loyal to the Kubota brand, but it is the connection and relationship of a dealership that will change my loyalty very quickly.

Those dealerships who grab the opportunities instead of letting them pass by will set themselves apart in my book. This will support the betterment of the Product I believe.

bosshogg

Equipment
2004 L3400F w/ FEL
Aug 16, 2012
Hartford, SD, USA
You must be over paying. When I walk into the dealership they start yelling and throwing things in my direction yet I manage to strike a deal.

Wildfire

Equipment

Sure wish we had a dealer like that. Ours is really "ratty". And the 'staff'? They could give a $h$$ whether you are there or not. Tried to buy a new one from them. It took over 48 hours to get a price. Went back the next day with my check book. Waited 30 minutes alone while they were on the phone. When they got off it seems my tractor had jumped $2,900 in price. Some items they forgot, they said. Oh well, that's the brakes.

Did you buy the tool box too!! :cool:

Man you sure weren't treated right. Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't go back there that's or sure. No I didn't buy the tool box. Just snapped a photo to show you guys. I've seen that box at Home Depots web site for $400.

NO SNOW,,,,welll you lucky little bugger,,,lol,,;)
I like that little beast I know I could get into all kinds of ahhh mishaps with it,,lol
And if you look over the tops of the truck in the parking lot you will see green,,:D
At any rate my friend I would like to wish you and yours a most wonderful and happy New Year
God Bless
Peace
Skeets
Happy New Year to you Mr. Skeets.

Your “Swiss army knife” looks like a real asset. I’ll bet, with its maneuverability and flexibility, you and your wife will have more fun with it than with the L5740. I’ll bet also that this smaller tractor will stimulate your imagination even more than the big ones did, and we will see lots of interesting modifications. I, for one, am looking forward to that, figuring I’ll adapt some of them to my tractor.

Your comments about your dealer are refreshing. I have read lots of reviews about dealers (not just tractor dealers) and, more often than not, there is a major beef. In the states, people seem to speak highly of Messicks and Barlows regularly. It’s good to learn about a good one in Canada, as well.

It is -3F here tonight where I live. It has snowed all day, but only flurries, so total accumulation is only about an inch. Not enough to justify firing up the tractor, more’s the pity. However, the next month should prove interesting.

Congratulations on the new tractor. Thanks for showing the pictures taken at the dealership. They made me drool. Thanks also for your comments about your dealer.

Happy new year!

PMH
Thanks man. Oh we have less than perfect dealers up here as well, its just not this one. These guys do try their best to be the best and that's why I like to pat them on the back and say "Your doing a good job" who wouldn't like to hear that?
Oh ya. I got plenty ideas floating around for this little feller. A bit of custom stuff and a bit of "Product Improvement" I like to call it. It's not Kubota's fault I do what I do to my machines. It's a combination of three things.
#1. I customize to help get the machine to fit my needs
#2. Realizing Kubota couldn't do what I add to it because the out the door price would be just to high.
#3. I'm just plain crazy :D

I hope both you and I start getting some snow. It's coming up to our normal time for it soon.
Thanks for you nice comments and stay tuned. :)
Happy New Year to you as well.

I'd thought about the thread title before I read what you had to say, and came up with things close to what you said. I have been seeing my dealer -ADAMS Tractors in Spokane WA - once or twice a year for about 30 years, before I made my first purchase with him. He always knew who I was, what tractor I have, what I did with it, etc. etc. He performed warranty service with a smile. He always had plenty of time to chat, show me the latest models, and extol the virtues of the Kubota line. When I decided to buy, I got what seems an average good deal - about 15% less than the online price. I've heard of better, but don't complain. Like with cars, someone else ALWAYS seems to have done better!
Now, I continue to get red carpet treatment when I walk in the showroom. I know the dealer sells a quality product, whatever it might be. I know I receive 1st rate support. I feel he/they care. That is what makes the quality product even better.
In Portugal and Brazil, they say "Prospero Ano Novo" - Have a Prosperous New Year!!
Its great to read you got a good dealer as well. I think as customers we're to quick to the draw when it comes to flame a dealer but we hardly ever hear of the good dealers and the stories about them. That was my aim with this thread.
I hope you also have a healthy and prosperous New Year.

Being a newbie to the thread, I have been reading and taking in all the great conversations and information presented. Nicely Done folks! What a great thread opportunity for those that can really better the brand.

The specs, price and warranties are very comparable on the internet these days. The "electronic movement" has mostly satisfied this need of information. It used to be you needed to call or go to the dealership to determine all that.

Unless a relationship is already established, it is more difficult to understand the Dealership and solution providing services you will get these days. With the internet, I have a general opinion that dealerships are becoming used to "transactional relationships only". Some of the dealerships have become more dependent on the customer to find, price and understand what they need. Some dealerships shared provide a real connection to what the customer needs: A relationship and loyalty based connection with the customer.

When buying a larger purchase, I personally value a connection with whomever I am doing business with. I am looking for the long-term relationship even after I buy it. It is the sales, service, parts and general management of the dealership that set my choices apart from one manufacturer to another. I am loyal to the Kubota brand, but it is the connection and relationship of a dealership that will change my loyalty very quickly.

Those dealerships who grab the opportunities instead of letting them pass by will set themselves apart in my book. This will support the betterment of the Product I believe.
Man that's all well thought out and well written. I agree with everything you stated. Good stuff. As I mentioned before. The Kubota name got me in the door the first time but the guys inside the building got me back the other three times so it shows their doing something right.
Thanks for taking the time to comment.
Cheers.

You must be over paying. When I walk into the dealership they start yelling and throwing things in my direction yet I manage to strike a deal.
Ha. No I don't think so. I'd like to think the guys made a profit on my purchases while I saved a few dollars. After all. If the dealer don't make a profit how long can they remain there?

Nice photos!

Fortunately we have a good dealer here.
Not a high volume dealer, but good folks!
Great to hear. It's always nice to know about good dealers. After all they are Kubota's representatives.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
You'll love the bx. I just made the comment to my wife yesterday, " If I had to get rid of all my toys, uh, things, the bx would be the last to go. And it doesn't even have a backhoe!!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I have an excellent local dealer, too. I have mentioned them before- Beverage Tractor- and I am proud to toot their horn. I bought my tractor from a private owner, but the dealer treats me like I spent a zillion dollars there. Our relationship has expanded over the last two years to much more than Kubota stuff. I often have to do research and trial runs on stabilizers, and they not only let me do whatever I want- even removing stabilizers, installing my versions, etc. Any tractor, anytime. I can go after hours, any time day or night. Same thing with wandering around the used lot, looking for tractors that I don't already have measurements for.
Our youth group does a fundraiser golf tournament every spring, and since the beginning, Beverage has been our big sponsor. They purchase hole-in-one insurance and supply a $10,000 Polaris ATV for a prize, and in return we give them the biggest advertising package. It works well for them and us, and it is a joy to have them as a sponsor. They give me free reign of when and how to pick up the ATV (I assume that others would not allow me to handle the prize, but would do it themselves), how long to keep it, and I can use it or display it anyway that I choose. It is a hoot driving a 72 horsepower ATV all over a hoidy-toidy golf course!
I can't say enough good things about them, and it is encouraging to hear others say the same- in the end, it looks real good on Kubota, which they deserve.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah I have a pretty good dealer here too, they put up with me going in a drooling all over the new tractors and STUFF,,, Just wish I could afford more STUFF

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I think the only way I could get "red carpet treatment" from my dealer would be to walk in with $30-$50K in a clear plastic sandwich bag pinned to my shirt.