What is/was your Profession?

jnldr

Equipment
L2800
Mar 12, 2010
Knox TN
Throw y'all a curve ball.
I'm in medical billing and collections. Really will collect any money owed to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Throw y'all a curve ball.
I'm in medical billing and collections. Really will collect any money owed to anyone.

That's an interesting claim! I have a person who owes me a tad over 3K. The court says so. But she's judgement proof, best I can tell. What's your method, and rate?

Last edited by a moderator:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
cat...I might know dis guy dat might know a guy that might make all your troubles go away.. for a price.... you ahh know what I mean? ;)

1999harleyRN

Equipment
L3800, Ford 9N
Oct 15, 2016
Western NY
When I was younger I worked on both beef and dairy farms' framed houses and landscaped for awhile; I also have driven truck at a couple different points in my life. For six or seven years I designed fire protection systems for commercial structures and haz-mat applications. When the construction industry dried up in WNY I went to college and became a RN. At graduation I was very disillusioned with nursing and went to work as a critical-care transport medic. After five years I had a serious case of burnout, and the woman who is now my wife convinced me it was time to come play inside. Since then I have worked as a RN in the emergency rooms of a major cardiac hospital, a Level 1 trauma center, and a regional stroke center. Currently I am the night charge nurse in the ICU of a small rural hospital.

I was a volunteer firefighter/EMT for almost 20 years, and taught both basic and critical-care EMT until the politics and back-biting whiners got the better of me.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
1999harleyRN said:

I was a volunteer firefighter/EMT for almost 20 years, and taught both basic and critical-care EMT until the politics and back-biting whiners got the better of me.
(Emphasis mine)

Man, can I ever relate to that. I was a volunteer firefighter for 15 years and that's one of the two major factors that drove me out of it and keep me from returning.

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
I'm the lead data scientist for a company that collects data. I have approximately 90% of medical claims filed at all hospitals, clinics, general practitioners, etc.

I anonymize the data into zip code, state, age range, etc, and create diagnosis and procedure groups. Then, I sell that data to company x who wants to bring a new drug or medical device to market. I tell them what region has the highest diagnosis or procedure rates, so they can send their sales reps to places where their drug is actually useful, reducing their cost, and thus the cost of the drug.

For the record, there's about 6 billion records a year. With all sorts of information on them. And all sorts of HIPAA requirements to abide by.

And it's the sole reason I refuse to go to the doctor for anything beyond catastrophic emergencies. Which is not compoletely uncommon for me.

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Operations Manager of a kitchen cabinet distributor in a large market. Started sweeping floors for the company in 1976 part time while in high school. Moved on up the corporate ladder over the next 40 years. For some time now, when some asks me what I do at work, I tell them "whatever the owners don't feel like doing".

mudog88

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1982 B7100HST-DT, RC60-71H MMM, 5ft. back blade
Aug 11, 2015
Pine Village, Indiana
I did 8 years Active Duty Air Force as an F-15E and F-22 crew chief, currently Air Force Reserve jet engine mechanic on the KC-135. Also currently working for Ball Metal Beverage Container Corporation making aluminum cans and bottles.

Oh, and I'm a 'professional' shade-tree mechanic. :cool:

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
This page just keeps going, did not think when I started it that many would respond.

A diverse group of skills exist here.

Sitting here looking at some boxes of parts that if they pass my testing will end up being installed in a Nuclear Plant somewhere in the US in the next few weeks.

Have a great day.

Jay