What is this on the positive battery terminal?

JeffH57

Equipment
L2800
Jan 10, 2018
Trussville
My L2800 has an electrical type clip that connects to the positive terminal.

the metal tab is broken - it was hard to get a bolt on it anyway.
Does anyone k ow what it is? What can I do to make a better connection?
Thanks for any help.

Edit...
I looked at the parts diagram from Messick's - they don't show this. We bought the tractor used, it was there when we got it. This is how it looks after having to pull the battery a couple of times. We are replacing the battery and trying to put it back the correct way. If it is a quick disconnect, its not a very good one. So far I am unable to take it apart. I wondered if we could just remove it and put a round terminal on to connect to the battery. We don't have anything that is an obvious electrical add on so I'm not sure how or when it got there. I will keep looking for a part number......

Thanks again.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
It's a quick disconnect.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I like the tight electrical tape - that super nice :ROFLMAO:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I am not 100% sure but it is probably the electrical feed to the tractor’s chassis electrical system (dash, ecu, light switches).

It was probably different at one time but corrosion from the battery ate at it.

You can get another type of connector and replace that one with a new one that is wired to the battery positive terminal or just extend the wire(s) to the battery.

Something(s) electrical are not working when that is disconnected unless it was added on to get power to some lights or something like that and then those accessories were removed. In that case it would be better to leave it disconnected since I don’t see any fuse.

StephenR

Feb 12, 2024
Kentucky
Is that only the positive cable or is that "block" for accessories?
If it is only a positive cable, I would replace it with a new one that goes all the way to the starter solenoid.

The "block" looks like a lot of plugs that are prone to corrosion. If it is for accessory wires, get a positive cable that has an accessory lead on it and wire it in to that wire adding a fuse if necessary.

I hope I have helped a little.

Good luck.
Steve

Reactions: 1 users