L2800 battery connection terminal

Bsromine

Equipment
L2800
Jul 25, 2021
Southern1
New here and hoping to find an answer.
The positive terminal connector on my L2800 has disentigrated. I’m trying to find the part to order to fix it. There appears to be an integrated easy connect that is on the end of the smaller wire that goes to the starting, stopping, and main fuse. The larger wire goes to the starter. To replace the disentigrated terminal I need the part that crimps to the big wire and snaps onto the connector on the little one.
Or can I cut them both off, a splice them both to a generic post connector?
5FC2FD15-2B2D-42AD-AEB0-B5C029631184.jpeg

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
First of all WASH that tractor. All that crud is the reason for the corrosion. Open the hood outside and use hose to wash things off. (stay away from spraying directly on wire-harness and alternaror) I often use a brush and old toothbrush to loosen crud and hose it down again.

It is FARRRRR more enjoyable to work on clean equipment.

Then START the engine and run it until things are dry. (do not let it sit while wet)

Any autoparts store or even WallyMart will sell battery-connections.

BEWARE: The positive/negative terminals are DIFFERENT diameters.... it matters which one you connect to where.

That 'lump' in the smaller wire which does NOT go to the starter could be one of two things....
  1. Master Fuse
  2. Current sensor
From your photo, I cannot tell which one.

In any case, after things are clean, you can disassemble that connection by removing the bolt. Fabricate what you need to install the new battery terminal and it should be good to go.

I would expect you can cut the broken round part off leaving the part with bolt-hole ready to connect to new battery terminal.

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Not sure if you are in USA but you should be able to get that part from Kubota.

Dealer may have them in stock but you can look up the parts on Kubota website illustrated parts list. Order from your dealer or online dealer.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
My observation is that it is time to replace the big-wire cable. The battery termination could be cutoff and a replacement clamped on, but it will not last long. The next best would be to crimp a connector; but that would take a professional crimp tool and heat shrink. A professional tool will make a gas-tight connection, one with nuts and bolts will not.

In any case, time to start using spray-can battery terminal cleaner and spray-can protectant to slow down the corrosion.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Measure the length of cable needed from the battery to the starter and get one a an automobile battery shop type place. Some of these new cables even have an accessory terminal to attach your second connector. Be sure to get a positive cable because as stated positive and negative are different diameters.