What is it?.. B1500/b1400 or B7200?

naturalp

Equipment
b1400 or B7200
Jul 12, 2019
france
Hi, we've just bought our first Kubota.. its a little old with no steering so we are trying to identify her and relevant parts. She was sold as a b1500 (we're in france btw) but the painted number on the bonnet has been painted over.. on the chassis it says b14 0708 kt and on the engine ks3 d89.. We need to service the steering so have removed the shaft and taken out the bearing from the base which is no NSK 15 BSWO2 .. Just giving you all the clues I have. Of course the bearings in the steering need to be replaced so I need to buy a kit so I have to be sure. The diameter of the shaft is 15mm ... We haven't been able to find a serial number anywhere..Help please?..

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The B1400 and B1500 are the rarest of the Kubota's in my opinion, there is no service manuals or parts manuals that I've ever been able to find.

I also do not know of any non grey market version that matches them.
It might be possible to match it up to parts of other manuals.

Let's start with the basics, you'll need to look for a flat spot just to the side of the injection pump for a engine size and serial number.
it will be a stamped number.
Also on the right side behind the hydraulic pump will be a cast Number like 732CC that will tell us the engine size too (but not the exact model).

For the tractor model and serial number, much of the older tractors have the model and serial number stamped on the transmission housing usually around where your feet sit. it will be like B1400D-XXXXX.

Is it gear drive or hydrostatic, 2wd or 4wd.

Pictures of the tractor and parts will help too.
You'll need to get your post count up to 5 to upload pictures and picture links, so comment on this thread or other threads.

naturalp

Equipment
b1400 or B7200
Jul 12, 2019
france
Thanks for the info .. I will have to go back and look..I have one stamp on the chassis where the wheel is B14 0708 KT theres another on the engine KT3 d89
its 4wd

naturalp

Equipment
b1400 or B7200
Jul 12, 2019
france
unfortunately its been repainted so all the normal logos are gone.. just black spaces left...

naturalp

Equipment
b1400 or B7200
Jul 12, 2019
france
and I have a service and user manual but its for a range of tractors fro b1400 to b1902

naturalp

Equipment
b1400 or B7200
Jul 12, 2019
france
I looked on your gray tractor page and saw that the b1400 is equivalent to the B7200 .. all I need to buy is a new steering box..

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Hi.. feeling a bit lost... is the b1400 really an l7200?..
No.. No one has mentioned it could be an "L" model.

if that is a miss type and meant to be "B"7200 the answer is "maybe" parts of it.

answered this question earlier with
NIW said:
...The B1400 and B1500 are the rarest of the Kubota's in my opinion, there is no service manuals or parts manuals that I've ever been able to find.

I also do not know of any non grey market version that matches them.
It might be possible to match it up to parts of other manuals....
why? Pretty much No gray tractor has an exact match with a non gray. While some have a close match... with some even real close matches.... in reality each tractor made is for a particular "intended" audience that is different. differences are based on geography, ways things are historically done by that audience (farming/Ag practices) etc. So different parts manufactured by Kobota are used to produce a tractor fit the audience. Gray tractor is one which was sold to an audience in geographies that the tractor was not designed for.

As NIW suggest; get a wsm with drawings for a b7200 and compare the box parts break down with what you have is about all you can do IMHO to determine your answer

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
btw I would take the bearings and all other measurements you took to a parts place that knows something beyond.... "what year and model number?" do I use to look up what air freshener goes with your rig". Maybe a shop that local machinist use?

they might can match you up with what you need.

Last edited:

naturalp

Equipment
b1400 or B7200
Jul 12, 2019
france
btw I would take the bearings and all other measurements you took to a parts place that knows something beyond.... "what year and model number?" do I use to look up what air freshener goes with your rig". Maybe a shop that local machinist use?

they might can match you up with what you need.
Hi thanks for that. I did indeed take some parts and do a comparison with the parts offered for sale for a B7200 and they are a near enough match whopee!!
Thanks all

vjoug

Equipment
B1400, G21E
Apr 29, 2017
Lille, France
and I have a service and user manual but its for a range of tractors fro b1400 to b1902
Hello Naturalp,

I 'm looking for the WSM/Workshop manual since a while for this machine.
Does any chace to send it to me please.

I have too a B1400 and living in France.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

ASTER

May 30, 2017
ROSEDALE LA
Hello Naturalp,

I 'm looking for the WSM/Workshop manual since a while for this machine.
Does any chace to send it to me please.

I have too a B1400 and living in France.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

i just picked up kinda the same thing, d1702dt im about to post pics

JasuK

Equipment
B1702-M
Jul 2, 2020
Finland
Hello
I have B1702-M 4wd, in Finnland. Trying to find all info I can, service manuals, correct user manuals etc.
Have been surfing this forum for an hour and it feels hard to find :rolleyes::)