What Have I Done?

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
My wife put in some overtime this week, so she came home early today - shortly after I had finished mowing. Since my back has been bothering me, I asked her to help me rake the windrows of shredded leaves and load them in the trailer behind the BX. My wife HATES yard work, so I put the BX in low range and let her drive. Despite feeling a bit unsure on the side slopes (she tipped over a Hustler when mowing in the Navy), she soon asked how to make the tractor go faster. I pretended not to hear. When I drove the tractor across the steeper hill and backed and dumped the trailer, I noticed she was watching intently from the deck. Tonight she thanked me for her Sweetest Day present of driving the tractor. Oops, I may have to give her a full lesson on using the tractor - and lose exclusive use of the BX.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You my friend have pulled the cork from the bottle, and allowed the Jeanie to escape. :D Though played right it might be a good thing

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
I say let the whole family enjoy the orange! :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Brother, you've done it now :rolleyes: Pretty soon your gonna have to sneak out into the garage at night in order to get a chance to use your tractor ;)

Came back from vacation today with a loader stuffed into the bed of the truck for my tractor. Wife has already made comments about it. Pretty soon, I'll be able to get a load of gravel delivered and my wife will go out and take care of it. I'll be stuck sitting on the deck with a cold one wondering when I'll get a chance to use my tractor :p:p

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I see His and Her’s Kubota’s in your future. Play your cards right, and you could have a new tractor.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Like BAP said, don't be so selfish. Just get another machine with some different features so you can get MORE work done. Perfect reason, and you have support/reasons from the other half!

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
Different but related. Last evening as we were enjoying a lovely dinner herself suggested that I should get a new tractor. Huh, wuzzat, as I reached for my iPad to check the Kabota site.

Questions followed. I have a three-year-old 2370 in perfect condition set up exactly as I like it with a custom cab and only 200 hours. I really can’t think of anything better and of course I was perplexed by her unexpected suggestion. It appears she thinks the 2370 is too large for our property requiring the occasional operation from the wrong end of a manual shovel.

She has a point but I don’t see anything that is more appropriate to our needs.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
hummm that is a perplexing problem,,, You have a snow blower ,does she like shoveling snow? :rolleyes: Unless she wants a BH and that would take care of the manual back hoe thing. SO you might just need a 2680,,just sayin unless you have a postage stamp property

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I see His and Her’s Kubota’s in your future. Play your cards right, and you could have a new tractor.
Like BAP said, don't be so selfish. Just get another machine with some different features so you can get MORE work done. Perfect reason, and you have support/reasons from the other half!
BAP and D2Cat both said what I was thinking......great opportunity!!:p