What did you do to your Implement today

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
The grease in that rotary cutter gearbox will probably work for a long time. I've got a 5' bushhog squealer rotary cutter that started having problems keeping oil in the gearbox 10 years ago so started greasing it regularly.It's still running fine and I work the crap out of it. cut 5 acres of thick grass this week that was as high as the hood on the tractor.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Bill, whats the springs for on your barbell set,,, and really that one of the best uses I have seem for them things :D

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Just helps to keep them from bouncing around a bit

Bill Rigsby
Florissant CO

1972(?) KUBOTA L-1500-DT
Great Bend M10 48" Front End Loader
Brush Hog 48" "Squealer Mower"
Atlas 48" Landscape Box
Rhino 60" Rear Blade
Draw Bar with 2" Ball
28" Fork Lift Forks
36" Sears Snow Blower (still to be mounted to the front PTO)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Buck3343

Sep 16, 2016
US
Hello kubota world!!!! I am new to this all but have really enjoyed all the great information that I have gotten so far!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Buck3343

Sep 16, 2016
US
Well for starters I am new to the tractor world. I am the proud owner of " Beulah" a B7100hst. Got her about a year ago and have been working on her from time to time. Don't know much but I try!!!! This is a boxblade that I have gotten for her.

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
Fixed the TPH lift arms on my Frontier 1150 tiller. When I got it someone had heated and bent the lift arms, supposedly to allow it to fit on a subcompact green tractor. Makes no sense to me.

Removed the arms and took them to my local welder guy. $60 bucks later and I put some paint on them. THey used a press to straighten them out, welded in gussets and had to weld a couple cracks up. I had a can of JD yellow paint that came with my house so I thought that appropriate. They are still a bit out of square since the main frame got bent some by the PO. Easy to hook up now and should be a lot less crooked. I also had them straighten out one of my lower links that was bent when I got my B7500. Very nice guys, I will be taking a lot more business there, since I can't weld very well.

Last weekend picked up a King Kutter 48" cultivator for $50. It's not very heavy but should be very useful for garden spot next year. Sorry no pics on that.

Still looking for a post hole digger :) So many toys, so little time (or money)

Attachments

Last edited:

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
Well for starters I am new to the tractor world. I am the proud owner of " Beulah" a B7100hst. Got her about a year ago and have been working on her from time to time. Don't know much but I try!!!! This is a boxblade that I have gotten for her.
THat's a really nice looking BB. Is that a Gannon brand or who made it? Do you have a remote on your tractor so you can use it? Looks hardcore.

More info please.

Buck3343

Sep 16, 2016
US
Yes it is a Gannon and I do have the hardware. Like I said I am new to this but this is what I have done so far.

Buck3343

Sep 16, 2016
US
THat's a really nice looking BB. Is that a Gannon brand or who made it? Do you have a remote on your tractor so you can use it? Looks hardcore.

More info please.
Thanks I just posted some pics of the finished product!!!!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Drewzee87t, looks like you got your tiller back in operating condition, but I want to see a picture of your John Deere yellow house!!:D

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
Thanks I just posted some pics of the finished product!!!!

Very nice job on the restoration. You are gonna love that box. I have the manual style roll-over gannon and it's great. Can you run the remote to your FEL controls, or it came with the remote? Just curious on that.

Thanks

Buck3343

Sep 16, 2016
US
Very nice job on the restoration. You are gonna love that box. I have the manual style roll-over gannon and it's great. Can you run the remote to your FEL controls, or it came with the remote? Just curious on that.

Thanks
The controls are located on the right finder!!!!

Spectre381

Equipment
Kubota B2650, LA534 FEL, SGC0660 Grapple, 42" forks, ballast box, ratchet rake
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Brush hogging this property for the first time. Got out to police-call the next area. It a Land Pride RC 1860.

Nice! How's the 2650 do pulling the Land Pride 1860? Just got a 2650 a few weeks ago and I've been looking at cutters... Local dealer recommended the 1860. Just been a little worried the 2650 would struggle with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
First off, great looking restoration on all the stuff you've posted.

But I'm posting here to recap a more detailed message sent by PM. I recently ran into what I'm afraid may be a problem shared by Buck. I bought a nice heavy Gannon box, though mine had no hydraulics. It was at that time I found out my B2150 was only rated for 1000 lbs on the 3 point, and my fantastic new box weighted right at 1000 lbs. I was forced to sell my box because the tractor, even though sized appropriate for the box, couldn't use the box in any practical way. So to use one of these heavy Gannon boxes on a Kubota B series, you're pretty much going to be running a box that is barely (or not even) as wide as the tires and appears to be better suited to a smaller tractor. The B7100 is rated for only 400 lbs on the 3 point, and I'm guessing that box is closer to 600 minimum. I hope I'm wrong and it will work, or that he has a bigger tractor to use it with.

Well, I guess the post is about as detailed as the PM after all. But the real reason I made the post was a general warning to other to not "assume" things that look right are right. Particularly on the B series (and the reason I doubt I'll ever own another), you should really check the limits and keep them in mind when looking at heavier built industrial/commercial grade implements. They just don't go together.

Last edited:

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Friday I picked up a small dump / utility trailer.
A 4 seasons haul all model 480 50" X 30" X 12" (10 cu ft)
Made by Central Quality Industries in Polo IL

Attachments

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Today, the dump trailer story continues,
I wire wheeled all of the "box" sheet metal and
welded the few cracks and rust through holes....

Tomorrow I will pick up some Rust-oleum® Rust Reformer
and get at stopping the pitting rust and surface rust.

Attachments

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Got the bed sides and bottom of my dump trailer coated with Rust-oleum® Rust Reformer

and got all new stainless steel hardware for the re-assembly.

Hopefully tomorrow primer and paint and DIY bed-liner

Attachments