What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I was thinking about ordering a couple of sets of these.

Thanks for the kind words re welding. I used to be a really good welder passing the ASME 5G pipe test and many others. I would frequently be asked for by name at the shipyard when some vessels came in for repairs. Those days are long behind me but I still enjoy welding.

A good fit up as you have there definitely helps with the welding process. A lot of new welders or inexperienced welders don't focus on the puddle and that's really what you're trying to control whether it's flat, vertical, overhead or all three as in a horizontal pipe weld (5G).
I thought this was pretty cool.

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Adding a fuel storage tank to the bed of my F250 recently got me rethinking the pros and cons of toppers. I bought the truck from a friend and it came with a Snugtop. Today I decided that I'd rather not have it on the truck anymore and will likely sell it. The overpriced Land Pride pallet forks came in handy once I'd modified a pallet.

Had I taken the photo 10 minutes earlier you would be able to see a thick, dark plume of smoke going straight up to the left of the mountain. Sadly someone lost their house this afternoon. I hope that it was empty.

View attachment 123956
Hopefully no one was injured in the fire.

Looks like most of your snow is gone.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Hopefully no one was injured in the fire.

Looks like most of your snow is gone.
I hope that's the case too, and that there weren't any pets trapped inside. There's a fire station a mile from me and they were quick to respond, but from how thick and black the smoke was I don't think they would have been able to save much. I could see that it was a single dwelling near the base of the mountain and up above the valley floor.

Yes, it feels like spring with snow lingering on north facing areas and above 4,000 ft. But it's Montana so we could get dumped on at any moment. I'm expecting an exciting delivery next week so will leave the pallet forks on the MX for now.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I was thinking about ordering a couple of sets of these.

Thanks for the kind words re welding. I used to be a really good welder passing the ASME 5G pipe test and many others. I would frequently be asked for by name at the shipyard when some vessels came in for repairs. Those days are long behind me but I still enjoy welding.

A good fit up as you have there definitely helps with the welding process. A lot of new welders or inexperienced welders don't focus on the puddle and that's really what you're trying to control whether it's flat, vertical, overhead or all three as in a horizontal pipe weld (5G).
The pipe guide is exactly what I have. Not that brand, but looks the same. They are pretty handy.

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Needed to grade an area between the new shop and the new retaining wall. It's only about 7' wide and I didn't want the blade to hit the wall and damage it. So I came up with a brilliant idea, that actually worked.

Reactions: 10 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I bit the bullet today. Ordered a WC88 chipper. There is just too much dead wood that needs to be gone as well as a bunch of trees that have to come down.
@L35 need more firewood?

Reactions: 4 users

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Ordered a BXpanded Talon Ripper tooth for my BH77 today. 5-7 days lead time - we'll see how long it takes to get here (TN to OR)

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I bit the bullet today. Ordered a WC88 chipper. There is just too much dead wood that needs to be gone as well as a bunch of trees that have to come down.
@L35 need more firewood?
That’s Awesome. I have a WC68 and very happy with it….what do you plan to do with all the mulch you make?

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
What was wrong with "old" feet?
They would tear up my driveway.
All metal.
And these are larger.

Link to thread about the new feet.

Attachments

Last edited:

acruxksa

Equipment
LX2610, lx2963, bb2572
Jan 15, 2024
Anchorage, Alaska
I took the K-Connector and Snow Blower off and remounted the bucket. Then proceeded to load 2 of 10 trailer loads of snow to start clearing out my driveway. We will probably get a little more snow, but likely not enough to justify using the snow blower. The box blade and bucket should be able to handle it.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
They would tear up my driveway.
All metal.
And these are larger.
For anyone else looking to replace their rubber stabilizer foot pads:

FlipPad International
Hanover, MA.
1-800-FlipPad
Pads for all tractor brands

Great products (I have their pads), and the BEST price!

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
That’s Awesome. I have a WC68 and very happy with it….what do you plan to do with all the mulch you make?
lol,
I had a WC68 at the old house and was happy with it also. I used it a few hours total to help clear about a half acre. Then it sat in the basement. A member here bought it from me.

So far I've taken down 15 pine trees that were just picked up with the grapple and dumped in the woods. That was fine when everything was green and you couldn't really see them. Not so much now :) They have to go. I will probably just leave a pile of mulch in the woods. Probably a couple of piles. At the old house I used the box blade to spread everything in the area I cleared. Pretty much cut down aftergrowth.