What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Box bladed the driveway. 1st time doing it since I bought the place, and 1st time really using the box blade for it's intentions. Practice and taking your time is the name of the game. I was shocked how much it looked like I had gravel brought in.

View attachment 123557 View attachment 123558 View attachment 123559
View attachment 123561
I have that very same KK box blade,.... and also 3 rear blades.
The box blade is great for moving dirt from A to B.
Many here swear by the "land plane", and though I do not have one, I do believe that actually may be the best/easiest to use, driveway maintenance attachment.

Reactions: 1 user

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
I have that very same KK box blade,.... and also 3 rear blades.
The box blade is great for moving dirt from A to B.
Many here swear by the "land plane", and though I do not have one, I do believe that actually may be the best/easiest to use, driveway maintenance attachment.
I had a cheap auctioned rear blade and didn't really like it at the time. It did okay grading and moving snow but I came across this older kk box blade and liked it that it was heavier built for the hook ups. I used it in snow and like I can actually pull the snow away vs just window it. Looking at those land planes in the past it seems like a 1 pass type tool, I like the box blade as a multiple job tool it might not be the right tool for some of the jobs but it's still usable and I feel better having 1 tool sitting then multiple.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I had a cheap auctioned rear blade and didn't really like it at the time. It did okay grading and moving snow but I came across this older kk box blade and liked it that it was heavier built for the hook ups. I used it in snow and like I can actually pull the snow away vs just window it. Looking at those land planes in the past it seems like a 1 pass type tool, I like the box blade as a multiple job tool it might not be the right tool for some of the jobs but it's still usable and I feel better having 1 tool sitting then multiple.
I have an EA "6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade" which IMHO is the very best for grading.
I guess that there will be no more of those made now though.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Since we have had no need this winter for the snowblower I decided today to disconnect it and put on the loader to do some earth moving. Going back at it tomorrow to take advantage of the crazy warm weather. If we do get a late blast of winter, I will just have to wait for it to melt.

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
904 pages into this thread and what I've seen so far: Everyone's tractor is too darn clean!

I mean, I'm kinda new (2 yrs), but my little B is showing it's age. Crud around the grease fittings, a dent or two, bucket is warped a little, a little hole in the grill, front axle guard is bent, grapple tines are all bent up, etc...

Am I just abusing my tractor? She's not looking great, but gives it heck when I work her! (-:

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
904 pages into this thread and what I've seen so far: Everyone's tractor is too darn clean!

I mean, I'm kinda new (2 yrs), but my little B is showing it's age. Crud around the grease fittings, a dent or two, bucket is warped a little, a little hole in the grill, front axle guard is bent, grapple tines are all bent up, etc...

Am I just abusing my tractor? She's not looking great, but gives it heck when I work her! (-:
I think they just look clean from a distance. I know mine is filthy. Nothing bent yet.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

I think a lot of it is, like mine, they look better in pictures than upon close inspection in person.

These things are made to use so some imperfections are normal wear if you do anything more than mow flat open fields and run irrigation pumps. I started to type a bunch of stuff, but really the answer to the use v abuse question is probably a topic worthy of starting a separate thread if someone really wants to discuss it.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com

How many hours in those 2 years?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
We saw about 73F today and sun…wow was that nice. I got home from work and took little girl for a walk in the woods before next batch of rain. Garlic is peaking through the straw and we have crocus blooming.

Attachments

Reactions: 6 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

I promise mine is not clean today…neither is my road 😂after about 2 hrs hauling wood up and out. What I did not leave on the road is flung up on the MMM…oopsies. Path through the woods is pretty defined and there is no mistake which barn the tractor went in…any forensic farmer knows who did it today on our road 😉. 🥃

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
We saw about 73F today and sun…wow was that nice. I got home from work and took little girl for a walk in the woods before next batch of rain. Garlic is peaking through the straw and we have crocus blooming.
Very nice! Only -11C here today but no chance my garlic is peaking through the straw or 2 feet of snow yet! Cheers.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Very nice! Only -11C here today but no chance my garlic is peaking through the straw or 2 feet of snow yet! Cheers.
We still got a ways to go…it’s barely March…what’s likely to happen is trees start budding and then will have a cold snap. My bees have been bringing pollen back to hive yes treerday and today…they seem to like the warm up. I suspect my sap season may be about over as the trees may start healing themselves. It’ll be rain/mud season soon enough. 🥃

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Have you ever considered removing that widowmaker? It does look nice down the trail though, adds character.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Your gravel does look good but I definitely prefer using the land leveler over the box blade on the driveway. I think it takes a lot more skill (that you clearly have) to do a good job with a box blade. I'm no expert with the land leveler but it does such a good job after a couple of passes. The photos below show the first passes. I'll be ordering gravel this year and probably rent a roller to pack it all in and get the camber right. The EA box blade does a great job of moving dirt though. Hard to beat it in that role.

driveway_3.jpg

driveway_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Have you ever considered removing that widowmaker? It does look nice down the trail though, adds character.
😆 it’s on the list…this year should be able to get to it….its a shame the tree I hauled out today and the one there in the pic were my best sap producers (black walnuts… had the other milled…if the trunk is good I’ll do the same with the wifes retirement tree😂…lost them both (and several others) in a storm 2 years ago (straight line winds)…I’m still cleaning up…its number two in the hole though…I have a big locust tree to get to first.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That is a little intimidating for sure. :LOL:

• Haha

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
That is a little intimidating for sure. :LOL:
Yeah…thats my spousal units most valuable tree…if the timing is right, that single black walnut tree is worth a 401k, pension, some other investments, a safe full of firearms and two GSDs that poop like horses and about 40acres….if the timing is right. I hope to get to it soon so the spousal unit has to keep working. Every time I want to cut it up seems like she wants to take me to dinner 😂

• Haha

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
My ROPS bar comes out through the fenders and already had a couple holes punched on both sides, so I made a bracket and mounted two of those. Chain and clevis’ on the right, a few hand tools (rubber mallet, channel locks, big prying screwdriver) on the left, just enough stuff for swapping implements and pulling out small stumps.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Got too dark, so I parked the tractor and then parked my butt on the deck. Spring has sprung down south, so I’m back in cleanup mode. Right now I’m watching the bats catching skeeters, and listening to frog serenades.

Feeling a bit punny, so I’ll say I spent the day grappling with a few widow makers. Got several big dead pines. Bugs hit ‘em bad a couple times in the last twenty years thanks to dry weather. Had a 15 incher leaning and stuck with two viable trees crisscross under the top. Chunked 3 four foot sections off, and it still wouldn’t fall, so wound up pulling the bottom with a cable winch and the chain. Cut up the most rotted ones and put them on the composting heap. Not supposed to put pine in a compost heap, but I got no where else to put ‘em. Cut down some small stuff too. Might put the chipper on tomorrow and make the brush disappear, but I still have a lotta past sins to atone for. I used to cut the dead fall just small enough to man handle it into the washes, but realize now that was a bad idea. Having a tractor changed my mind about a lotta things I used to do out of necessity. Sure is nice to be able to pick up 3 ten-inch diameter 8 foot logs at one time now.

Reactions: 2 users