What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Very minor compared with what most of you have done. Re-cut the grooves on the rear tires yesterday. The front tries had worn quite a bit since they were done close to 5 years ago. The outside edges of the tires were worn down so there was no groove there. The rears hadn't worn nearly as much, so it was just a re-fresh and I cut them a little deeper.

Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Dam preventer instructions:
  1. Beavers build a dam.
  2. You don’t like the results.
  3. You tear out at least 6’ or so of the dam, ideally in the original creek channel if you know where that is.
  4. Set the dam preventer thing in the breach you just created. The pointy end is aimed upstream with the end of the point at least a little past the upstream edge of the dam.
  5. Beavers will repair the breach, but hard as they try, with that thing in midst of their dam, they’ve always got a sieve letting water through so their dam will never hold water.
  6. This frustrates the beavers and they move. If they move 20’, do it again as soon as they start.
  7. Keep screwing with them like this and it isn’t long before they give up and go elsewhere.
It was part of the beaver control plan, and quite effective.

And yes, the signs and paint serve two purposes. First, they help decent folks know where the lines are in areas where it legitimately isn’t obvious otherwise. There are some places I’m not sure where exactly the borders are without looking at the signs and paint. Second, at least here, if you don’t have conspicuous signs, law enforcement isn’t going to do anything to assist with controlling trespassers so if you want the option to control your borders, you need the signs.

As we have more development crop up around us, at some point we may need fences. Crossing a fence here is viewed much more harshly than “not noticing” a sign or paint marker as the “I honestly didn’t see it” defense doesn’t work. We’re not to the point of needing fencing… yet. Of course here we just deal with poachers, random ATV riders, and hikers. We don’t have the type border control issues y’all have in Texas.
I first thought that was some sort of elaborate drowning trap. Where I grew up, the department of conservation labeled them pests/varmints because of the flooding and timber damage they cause. So there was no season nor bag limit on them. Dunno what the rules are now because I haven't been hunting in at least 40 years.

Our beaver control system was a 12 gauge shotgun with 3-inch 00 Magnum buckshot (fifteen .30 caliber pellets in each round), or 30-06 rifle. I wound up killing 5 to 10 of them every year when I still lived with my folks and never made a dent. More may move in, but they didn't just move up the creek when they made the mistake of putting a dam in the wrong place. The crawfish, which we'd likely wind up using for bait at another time ate very well when beavers decided to dam up the creek or the pond spill ways. North Carolina beavers must not be quite as stubborn and persistent as Alabama beavers. They won't give up here. I didn't mind removing the dams so much in summer, but I'm not fond of standing in waist deep cold water when the outside temperature is just above freezing. I learned to dislike beavers a lot because as long as I lived there, I was the official beaver eradication agent of the family (i.e. low guy on the totem pole).

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I first thought that was some sort of elaborate drowning trap. Where I grew up, the department of conservation labeled them pests/varmints because of the flooding and timber damage they cause. So there was no season nor bag limit on them. Dunno what the rules are now because I haven't been hunting in at least 40 years.

Our beaver control system was a 12 gauge shotgun with 3-inch 00 Magnum buckshot (fifteen .30 caliber pellets in each round), or 30-06 rifle. I wound up killing 5 to 10 of them every year when I still lived with my folks and never made a dent. More may move in, but they didn't just move up the creek when they made the mistake of putting a dam in the wrong place. The crawfish, which we'd likely wind up using for bait at another time ate very well when beavers decided to dam up the creek or the pond spill ways. North Carolina beavers must not be quite as stubborn and persistent as Alabama beavers. They won't give up here. I didn't mind removing the dams so much in summer, but I'm not fond of standing in waist deep cold water when the outside temperature is just above freezing. I learned to dislike beavers a lot because as long as I lived there, I was the official beaver eradication agent of the family (i.e. low guy on the totem pole).
We did some trapping and shooting as well. This thing combined with trapping was most effective. I’m not up on the current law here. At the time if they were causing damage to your property you got some leeway to trap, shoot, and otherwise harrass as needed. Maybe you still can.

Our downstream neighbor was a local municipality and it was vacant land they bought outside city limits for what reason they never explained. So if we could keep the beaver pond on their place we didn’t care and they didn’t seem to either for many years.

Probably ten to fifteen years ago a large trackhoe and very large dozer came up the creek right up to our property line, destroyed everything beaver, drained the beaver pond, and re-established the creek channel. There were some gov’t grunt types messing around down there for a couple weeks. Magically, all the beavers disappeared. Don’t know if they were relocated to some swamp down east or if they took a dirt nap, but they were gone for good. Have seen a smattering of beavers once in a while in the spring times since but nothing some buckshot couldn’t solve.

About a year after the heavy equipment incident, the city sold their land to a local developer. Not long after that, the city annexed the land so now it’s in the city and if things go according to the developer’s map, in a few more years there will be houses adjacent to the creek on top of what used to be a 10 acre beaver pond. There’s only a handful of people that noticed, most of them are so old they’re either dead or don’t care any more.

I don’t much care for the destruction caused by beavers, but I do feel a little sympathy for that particular lot of them. They were in a fight with politicians and developers. They didn’t know what they were up against and never had a chance. Even a beaver is no match for big money folks to whom hunting and trapping laws don’t apply.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Took the little girl for a walk in the woods until the sun thawed the trail out and had stop…hauled some small logs out and then checked the buckets. Should have enough to boil soon. ☕

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Right now there is no border control, and trespassing isn't new around here.
There used to be a "highway" about a mile down the road. They would follow the highline that heads east.
Don't know if they knew purple, or just din't care and breaking into homes especially trailers was common, so much in fact that people used to put out clothes and food in the hopes they wouldn't get broken into. They now station 6-7 agents at a RR crossing just west of Uvalde where they stop east bound trains and search them. This is a major east/west line, so it must really upset schedules.
Back to tractor talk.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Moved some nasty, heavy, wet snow this afternoon. I need to remember to not float the snow blade when the ground is so soft. :mad:

mx6000_snow_blowing_02-04-24.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
We finally got a taste of winter. Wet, heavy snow with some top soil mixed in and high winds made for a three hour cleanup.
20240205_134939.jpg

20240205_125405.jpg

20240205_125202.jpg

20240205_085017.jpg

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

kg2v

Equipment
T2290
Feb 6, 2024
North Chili NY
If you did something to or on you're tractor today and you don't want to start a new thread then post it here :D

I installed a horn I took from a tiny Toyota and then installed a decompression cable on mine today. Was going to do a little grading on the drive but got tired :(
Gurn
Purchased a T2290 - my first Kubota. Was new November 2022, 26 hours on the clock

kg2v

Equipment
T2290
Feb 6, 2024
North Chili NY
Welcome Sir to OTT! Great little tractor you got there.

From the Sunny South Texas.
Thank you Sir,
Used to live in NYC,semi-retired up here. Small property (.4 acre) and was debating walk behind, but with a bum hip, I said why not. Stopped at the local Kubota dealer, he had the tractor on the lot.
We are right on the edge of farm country (1/2 mile to the nearest corn field), and as you go west from there, some real sized farms . I was pointing at a M8 (I said K8 oops)
on the lot, and said "You think it is too big for my lawn?" ;)

They will deliver sometime Friday - thinking of adding a bagger kit

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I understand now why you folks have no open station tractors !!!!!
I put my time in years ago without a cab.

Drifting and freezing rain last night required more cleanup.

20240206_101702.jpg

20240206_125358.jpg

20240206_123226.jpg

One cut the plow made on the road above us.

20240206_121505.jpg

F350 4x4 and the snow was above my roofline.

20240206_091938(0).jpg

Reactions: 9 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Drifting and freezing rain last night required more cleanup.

View attachment 121841
View attachment 121843
View attachment 121842

One cut the plow made on the road above us.

View attachment 121844

F350 4x4 and the snow was above my roofline.

View attachment 121845
Whoa! I was out this morning moving a couple of inches off the driveways and parking areas. Wish I had that much snow to move. (y)

Me too! Five years of moving snow around in 0F to -30F temperatures and getting powder blown in my face with a wind change. Been there, done that! But in all honesty, it was the dust and bugs when running the rotary cutter that made me realize a cab was the only way to go. Dressing for cold is a lot easier than dressing for dust, bugs, heat and noise.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Thank you Sir,
Used to live in NYC,semi-retired up here. Small property (.4 acre) and was debating walk behind, but with a bum hip, I said why not. Stopped at the local Kubota dealer, he had the tractor on the lot.
We are right on the edge of farm country (1/2 mile to the nearest corn field), and as you go west from there, some real sized farms . I was pointing at a K8 on the lot, and said "You think it is too big for my lawn?" ;)

They will deliver sometime Friday - thinking of adding a bagger kit
Welcome!

I have a T2290 also. Have had a couple of box store MTD riders and a Cub zero turn previously. Wife hated the zero turn so we gave it to our son and bought the T2290, which she loves. Best riding mower I’ve ever owned. Cut quality is noticeably better than the Cub, too. It’s a nice little yard machine.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I finished up something on the M6060 this afternoon that I should have done almost two years ago. The Grammer seat in that tractor came with plastic wrap over all the cushions. Oddly enough, the Grammer seat in the MX didn't have plastic on it unless the dealership removed it all for me.

I can see the appeal of how Grammer builds the seats by placing each cushion inside a plastic bag, but it makes it a pain for the owner to get the plastic off. The screws holding the cushions to the seat frame are screwed through the plastic. Before installing the seat cover I wanted to get the plastic off, so I had to unscrew each cushion, including the headrest cushion to accomplish that. The screws are a T25 torx head.

Anyway, here's the finished product prior to putting the seat cover on. I've seen seats on this forum in tractors that are older and with many, many hours and bits of tatty plastic are visible between the cushion and frame. Urghhh!

m6060_grammer_seat_1.jpg

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Shipped some Spruce/Fir stud-wood to the log yard today.

P1020754-1.JPG

This load is 565 BF by my measure.

P1020756-1.JPG

gg

Reactions: 10 users