What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
Needed an excuse to build something no oops I mean a place to store implements more out of the weather / help free up space in the barn.

1000002554.jpg
1000002552.jpg
1000002553.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Needed an excuse to build something no oops I mean a place to store implements more out of the weather / help free up space in the barn.

View attachment 119084 View attachment 119085 View attachment 119086
Very nice!
What size are the horizontal beams? The ones holding up the BB and grapple.
I've been wanting to do something like this eventually. Just not sure how big the beams need to be to hold stuff. Your grapple looks like a heavier duty one, as is mine. I appreciate any insight.

Reactions: 1 user

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Ok so the Mrs got me a spinner for Christmas, this is the only way it sits somewhat right that I can see. I told her I’d try it out as I’ve never used one. I understand the wheel changes position so it won’t stay at 10 o’clock.

Which way do I need to rotate this thing?

IMG_2023-12-30-144252.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
Wow nice. I’ve been thinking about something similar. Looks very well made. What are the corner posts? (More than one piece of wood screwed together?) What are the post footings, did you pour them or get them precast?
Very nice!
What size are the horizontal beams? The ones holding up the BB and grapple.
I've been wanting to do something like this eventually. Just not sure how big the beams need to be to hold stuff. Your grapple looks like a heavier duty one, as is mine. I appreciate any insight.
Thanks guys. Disclaimer that my projects usually have something that’s not ‘necessary’ or ‘normal’ but the O.C.D. / sense of aesthetics takes over.

The posts are screwed on to 4x4 exterior grade post brackets and those brackets are center bolted down using threaded j-hook concrete anchors. The brackets sit on / anchors are in concrete using sono tube forms (hand dug post holes for the tubes with carried in, mix on site style concrete bags.) I’ve had good luck with this approach over the years for keeping posts secured and the ends dry. But yes like any post setting you really have to be exact with your j-hook placements to have things be square and get the spacing you want.

The corner posts have been face clad with treated 1” x 6” or 1 x 8” ripped to needed widths is what you are noticing on appearance as something more than typical 4x4 (with sections of 2”x4” “filler” added on the posts between where the horizontal boards attach and before the 1”x went on.)

Yeah I debated what to frame the pallet shelf with. I ended up using 2”x6” lag bolted on after doing some figuring (admittedly it’s hard to shake the default of something more like a residential floor or deck.) It didn’t complain a bit when loaded up, but I certainly wouldn't fault anyone going a bit stouter. It’s tractoring so there’s always the chance for ‘unintended events’ that could make a mess of things. One preventative I do is when I’m setting a load (particularly the grapple) on a shelf is I’ll turn the tractor off once I’m ready for placement. This way I can drop the load down via hydraulic release but I can’t accidentally ‘push down’ on the shelf. Bit of overkill maybe but so far no regrettable moments. I’m thinking hard on a wood chipper is why I didn’t go full width on the shelf and left a full height opening on the one end.

Reactions: 3 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Ok so the Mrs got me a spinner for Christmas, this is the only way it sits somewhat right that I can see. I told her I’d try it out as I’ve never used one. I understand the wheel changes position so it won’t stay at 10 o’clock.

Which way do I need to rotate this thing?

View attachment 119097
Only difference in your spinner and mine is mine is black and "Kubota" less (no logo). Same thing, tilts inwards slightly and a little funky to get used to, but I don't notice it so much anymore. Makes quick steering easier, but in tight quarters where small steering changes are required, not so much. It would probably be a lot more useful doing field work (turning at the ends). But it's still a nice add-on.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Thanks guys. Disclaimer that my projects usually have something that’s not ‘necessary’ or ‘normal’ but the O.C.D. / sense of aesthetics takes over.

The posts are screwed on to 4x4 exterior grade post brackets and those brackets are center bolted down using threaded j-hook concrete anchors. The brackets sit on / anchors are in concrete using sono tube forms (hand dug post holes for the tubes with carried in, mix on site style concrete bags.) I’ve had good luck with this approach over the years for keeping posts secured and the ends dry. But yes like any post setting you really have to be exact with your j-hook placements to have things be square and get the spacing you want.

The corner posts have been face clad with treated 1” x 6” or 1 x 8” ripped to needed widths is what you are noticing on appearance as something more than typical 4x4 (with sections of 2”x4” “filler” added on the posts between where the horizontal boards attach and before the 1”x went on.)

Yeah I debated what to frame the pallet shelf with. I ended up using 2”x6” lag bolted on after doing some figuring (admittedly it’s hard to shake the default of something more like a residential floor or deck.) It didn’t complain a bit when loaded up, but I certainly wouldn't fault anyone going a bit stouter. It’s tractoring so there’s always the chance for ‘unintended events’ that could make a mess of things. One preventative I do is when I’m setting a load (particularly the grapple) on a shelf is I’ll turn the tractor off once I’m ready for placement. This way I can drop the load down via hydraulic release but I can’t accidentally ‘push down’ on the shelf. Bit of overkill maybe but so far no regrettable moments. I’m thinking hard on a wood chipper is why I didn’t go full width on the shelf and left a full height opening on the one end.
Awesome! Thank you sir!

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
Kind of crappy weather today. Sat in the tractor cab for a few hours today. Had light rain on and off all day.
I used the stump grinder to remove eight medium size stumps (around 12 inches in diameter) and ten stumps that were 24+ inches in diameter.
Also ground probably 20 small stumps 8 inches or less.
I should have taken a before and after picture but I didn't.

I also worked on my road a little bit also. Ground a couple stumps in the road. Cut some branches and downed trees also.