What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Plowed snow on my road. Then cut a few snow broken trees and skidded them to the burn pile with the tractor.

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Yesterday I hauled wood up the back hill with the little girl until I made enough of a mess (ground was a little soft) on the driveway when the tires cleaned themselves that the hill got a little greasy…once she started to shake her tail feathers coming up the hill I called it a day.

Once the rain stops this morning I’ll go start splitting some of that wood I brought up. ☕

Reactions: 4 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Yesterday I hauled wood up the back hill with the little girl until I made enough of a mess (ground was a little soft) on the driveway when the tires cleaned themselves that the hill got a little greasy…once she started to shake her tail feathers coming up the hill I called it a day.

Once the rain stops this morning I’ll go start splitting some of that wood I brought up. ☕
It's been soggy at my place as well. When I went out back and pulled logs out of the creek last week, the tires were packed with sticky mud. It took me longer to clean up the wheels than it took to yard the logs.

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
It's been soggy at my place as well. When I went out back and pulled logs out of the creek last week, the tires were packed with sticky mud. It took me longer to clean up the wheels than it took to yard the logs.
I’ve done worse before, but as soon as she wiggles I call it quits. I did not leave ruts but there’s less winter grass for the deer.

Attachments

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I’ve done worse before, but as soon as she wiggles I call it quits. I did not leave ruts but there’s less winter grass for the deer.
The area out back is recovering yet. I planted grass on the hill, but it was a bit late. My going down, then back up that hill did not help. The creek was raging due to the rains.

My trying to post images (from my phone) has failed again. 🤬

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Still got the mower deck on.
Are you anticipating a very early Spring in Ohio?

• Haha

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Still got the mower deck on.
Are you anticipating a very early Spring in Ohio?
Haha…No, I rarely take it off…I pull it off to service it but that is about it. It makes a pretty decent skid plate actually…just have to be careful where I take it. Believe it or not it actually does a pretty decent job blowing light snow.

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3902, LA526, box scraper, grapple, pallet forks, tree ripper, lane shark 3
May 16, 2023
California coast
The seat safety switch is the first thing I disable. It's almost impossible to remain completely seated to hook up on attachments on the larger tractors. A camera up front would be absolutely wasteful to me because of the use of a grapple and brush.
I have camera mag mounted, with enough slack in the cable to be able to move it from the grill to an implement when needed. Works out okay for general use!

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I have camera mag mounted, with enough slack in the cable to be able to move it from the grill to an implement when needed. Works out okay for general use!
Good deal. The mx is on its 2nd front engine cover/grill , that's with reinforced front attachments and brush guard on the front bumper. The South Texas brush is hard on equipment.

• Wow

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
My trying to post images (from my phone) has failed again. 🤬
Seems like I recall seeing pictures from you in the past but here is how it works for me.

start a post
look at the top middle area of the post and between a “chain” and a “smiley face” is an image that sort of looks like a picture of a mountain.

select that and then select the DROP IMAGE (or click here) box that appears
then another box opens with options to choose from library or take a picture
then wait for it to upload (which was slooow today)
then go to the bottom and post
IMG_3094.jpeg

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Thank you for the tip and pics. Great solution! Looking into right now. Much appreciated. Is the camera unit wired or battery powered? Looks like I see a cable in the pics.

You will find this place to be very helpful. Welcome !

gg

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Seems like I recall seeing pictures from you in the past but here is how it works for me.

start a post
look at the top middle area of the post and between a “chain” and a “smiley face” is an image that sort of looks like a picture of a mountain.

select that and then select the DROP IMAGE (or click here) box that appears
then another box opens with options to choose from library or take a picture
then wait for it to upload (which was slooow today)
then go to the bottom and post
View attachment 118214
I've posted scads of images. Recently, this past couple weeks has been a lot less due to whatever is haunting me. I'm also finding that I cannot add-to a previous comment or topic I created, which has really frustrated me.

Thanks, though.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I rarely mow the yards at night but was running out of daylight a few days ago with rain coming in that night so flipped on the headlights on the T. They strobed a couple minutes and went out. It only has about 17 hours on it and I only ran them once before just to make sure they worked when I got it. Figured it was a loose connection but it was dark, cold, and I didn’t have time to mess with it, so I turned on the flood lights on the house, finished, and parked it.

Today it rained continuously all day so I decided to apply my 3rd grade level electrical expertise to diagnosing the problem.

IMG_1557.jpeg

Get out the meter to start tracing to see where the power stops flowing, open the hood and…

IMG_1556.jpeg

The harness running over whatever that black box relay looking thing was causing tension on the spade connection on the back of the switch.
IMG_1558.jpeg

Re-routed the harness to above the black box thing (pushed it up there and noted the choke cable is close enough to the box thing to keep it from falling back down). Plugged the spade lug back in.

IMG_1559.jpeg

90 seconds after I start working on it, lights are working and I feel very competent. Doesn’t mean I am competent but at least I felt that way for a minute.

Didn’t get to do much due to rain, but was kind of bored so…

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I rarely mow the yards at night but was running out of daylight a few days ago with rain coming in that night so flipped on the headlights on the T. They strobed a couple minutes and went out. It only has about 17 hours on it and I only ran them once before just to make sure they worked when I got it. Figured it was a loose connection but it was dark, cold, and I didn’t have time to mess with it, so I turned on the flood lights on the house, finished, and parked it.

Today it rained continuously all day so I decided to apply my 3rd grade level electrical expertise to diagnosing the problem.

View attachment 118231

Get out the meter to start tracing to see where the power stops flowing, open the hood and…

View attachment 118227
The harness running over whatever that black box relay looking thing was causing tension on the spade connection on the back of the switch.
View attachment 118228
Re-routed the harness to above the black box thing (pushed it up there and noted the choke cable is close enough to the box thing to keep it from falling back down). Plugged the spade lug back in.

View attachment 118232
90 seconds after I start working on it, lights are working and I feel very competent. Doesn’t mean I am competent but at least I felt that way for a minute.

Didn’t get to do much due to rain, but was kind of bored so…
Lucketh Be With Thou 👍

dbertheau

Equipment
LX3310HSDC, FEL w/CB1060, PFL1242, LX2963, WM-8M Chipper
Mar 5, 2023
Nevada City, CA
Metal snow blower skid shoes may mark-up the concrete drive and asphalt culdisac. Made some hard plastic (UHMW) skid shoes.

20231217_131558.jpg

20231217_100355.jpg
20231217_135724.jpg

20231217_140003.jpg

Reactions: 15 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
diff lock pedal from Lown Performance arrived today. I cross referenced the diff lock pedal from an LX01 series to that of the B2650. They are the very same Kubota P/N (for ROPS versions only). So, I placed an order with Lown Performance.

It fits, and should function just fine. I had a real need for one since I'm constantly using the loader to load stone into my truck. My stone pile is 300-400 yards from my truck in the driveway. I typically need to use 4 WD to get into the pile when the backhoe is not mounted, or, I simply lose traction. Slipping the tractor in and out of 4WD for each trip (up paved road) is a PITA.

This should take care of it.

diff lock pedal 1.JPG

diff lock pedal 3.JPG

diff lock pedal 4.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Well its shaping up to be a very mild winter in Michigan so far, we’ve maybe had two inches of snow if that since November. And the temp is hovering in the 40s. Very unfortunate, was looking forward to working more with snow removal on my property. Hopefully we start to get some, but nothing is forecasted besides occasional rain. Even took the tractor out for the first time in a while last week and checked the fluids and ensured the diesel was not gelling or anything like that I’m case we get a Christmas storm like last year. I’ll need to give it a good wash in the spring with lots of soap, that’s for sure
IMG_0657.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Started building a new chicken coop this week. Used the LX with clamp-on forks to move and set the frame on some cross ties. Gotta love me some Hydrostatic transmission. That made handling the coop frame so easy and gentle.

Before anyone berates me for my clamp-on forks, they do what I need done most of the time, and cost a fraction of what something I'd normally leave outside to rust. Takes all of about 5 minutes to put them on, and best of all, they cost very little. IIRC, I got 'em for $149. Hard to argue with success.

Here's the framing for the new coop. I'm pretty sure it's gonna keep the chickens in and the vermin out when I get done with it.

1703033783277.png

I can go back and add a solid floor later if I choose to, but I figure the dirt floor will be almost as easy to clean and I won't have to worry about washing it. Gonna build the run with 2x3 welded mesh 48 inches high at the bottom (as well as chicken wire) to keep the 'yotes out during the day. Automatic door on the coop should keep other critters out at night. The siding on the coop is gonna be some retired 5/4 x 6 Pressure Treated decking that I stripped off my neighbor's deck and salvaged. The framing 4x4s are all lap spliced short pieces. The 2x10 band at the bottom is from my deck that I completely replaced back in 2008. The windows are repurposed bathroom windows from having siding, windows, and doors done in 2010. So far, my costs in this are electricity and a few hundred screws.

Reactions: 6 users