What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
All the domesticated areas are surrounded by forested land we own. Thankfully it’s just get them anywhere in the forested area where my wife doesn’t routinely see a huge leaf pile out a window. Usually by the time they rot down, it’s time to make another pile.
Looks like you have no shortage there! Do you mulch or compost any and use on garden?

I think a PTO blower is on my bucket list. I’ll need to figure something out at the next place. (I’ve seen some videos of some that are pretty convincing…not sure how they do if it’s wet out?).

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Looks like you have no shortage there! Do you mulch or compost any and use on garden?

I think a PTO blower is on my bucket list. I’ll need to figure something out at the next place. (I’ve seen some videos of some that are pretty convincing…not sure how they do if it’s wet out?).
As the leaves and wood chips rot down we used to use them to integrate into the garden. Soil sampling helped make sure pH didn’t get out of balance being a lot of both leaves and chips are various types of oak (lots of acid). Since Dad got sick and then passed we haven’t messed with a garden; skipped past three growing seasons. That was a “him” thing, morphed into a “us” thing as his health declined, and it kind of died with him.

Wife and I have been debating restarting some sort of garden this coming year since I’ll be retired. Will have to figure that out pretty soon if we’re going to do it.

A PTO blower would be sweet. As much of a pain as the leaves are, I usually spend about a day and a half total each year on them. I have a hard time putting much money into increasing efficiency beyond that. But that’s just me. If our layout was a bit different or if in a neighborhood, etc. appropriate equipment might be very different.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Edit: Just noticed the pic with the rake is one of, I think, 4 times I straightened the tines because they were too gap toothed to work right. When the tines spring back the circle at the 90 opens so I was thinking of threading some sort of pipe through the hole to further limit their rotational range of motion. 🤔
Have ya considered modifying the tines by putting a bend on the last inch or so of the part that the clamps bite down on? If there's room between the tines to do that, of course. A 1-inch bend would do the trick, and move the spring of the tine a bit closer to the frame. A few minutes with a torch, a vice with a small piece of steel pipe in it, and a bucket of used oil for quenching, and bingo, the tine is modded to prevent twisting.

You do you, though. Your idea with the pipe would stop SOME of the twisting, but probably not enough to prevent unruly and unwanted gaps between the business ends. Putting an L shape under the clamp would keep 'em all aligned perfectly unless they bent. Maybe that twisting issue is to prevent breaking the tines?

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
I put the Lx 2610 to work this weekend helping out the local AMERICAN LEGION 🇺🇸 with some charity work they want to install some horse shoe pits. My son found a super cool bottle, so we were fired up. That’s the brother in laws square body
IMG_7360.jpeg
IMG_7362.jpeg
IMG_7363.jpeg
IMG_7364.jpeg
IMG_7370.jpeg
IMG_7382.jpeg
IMG_7384.jpeg
IMG_7383.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Have ya considered modifying the tines by putting a bend on the last inch or so of the part that the clamps bite down on? If there's room between the tines to do that, of course. A 1-inch bend would do the trick, and move the spring of the tine a bit closer to the frame. A few minutes with a torch, a vice with a small piece of steel pipe in it, and a bucket of used oil for quenching, and bingo, the tine is modded to prevent twisting.

You do you, though. Your idea with the pipe would stop SOME of the twisting, but probably not enough to prevent unruly and unwanted gaps between the business ends. Putting an L shape under the clamp would keep 'em all aligned perfectly unless they bent. Maybe that twisting issue is to prevent breaking the tines?
Good point on modding the clamped end of the tines really locking it down. I’ll take a harder look at the clamp part of it before putting it back in the shed.

Also a good point on the potential downside of really locking them down. I was kind of thinking a total lock down horizontally might result in tine breakage when obstructions are encountered. That and performance doesn’t noticeably degrade until there’s a gap greater than about 12” so perfect alignment isn’t a goal.

Only use it maybe 8 hours a year at most and it would save me maybe 15 minutes a year if the tines never went wonky, so it’s not worth but so much time and money to mod.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
[
Good point on modding the clamped end of the tines really locking it down. I’ll take a harder look at the clamp part of it before putting it back in the shed.

Also a good point on the potential downside of really locking them down. I was kind of thinking a total lock down horizontally might result in tine breakage when obstructions are encountered. That and performance doesn’t noticeably degrade until there’s a gap greater than about 12” so perfect alignment isn’t a goal.

Only use it maybe 8 hours a year at most and it would save me maybe 15 minutes a year if the tines never went wonky, so it’s not worth but so much time and money to mod.
Yeah, even just heating it and pounding a flat spot on the end so the clamp has something flat to bite on. Just need to make sure to quench it again, though, or it'll probably bend/fatigue pretty easily. Pretty sure you're not going to faze the steel in that tine with a hammer without makin' it red first. It wouldn't take much, because it looks to me like they're just spinning in the clamp. Grinding a flat spot on the top of the short end would probably do the trick, too. Less chance of ruining the tempering, and a lot easier to do to a new tine as well.

Reactions: 1 user

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Over the weekend I threw on the blower and got the carry-all positioned for sand bucket duty.....

Nothing thrilling, just winter change-over....

IMG_5660.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Have you ever considered double poly on that hoop frame, and an inflation blower?
Sheds snow great, and can be heated.
Oh yes, I've had that as a dream since first building this one almost 10 years ago. Wasn't in the cards (budget) at the time. But once this poly breaks down and needs replacing I'll be lining with greenhouse clear poly before the new cover goes on.
Some sealing/tightening sheets together system will be needed around the perimeter to contain the squirrel cage fan pressure.
It was around 30 years ago I was involved with the construction of at least a dozen double-covered inflated hoop greenhouses about 150 ft long each, 30 ft wide, for a local tree nursery. When the flats started getting put out in them in the late winter I could see the sky lit up with their grow lights early morning then later in evening from over 8 miles away.
And yes, they work great, but also need a fair bit of heat at night anyway.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Finally some snow days. First real blower workout this season.
No pictures from me but yesterday morning I spent about 30 minutes in the MX6000 with blower out back and hydraulic angled blade up front to clear about 3" of snow off 400 yards of driveway and parking areas before heading to the airport.

I don't know if it's my imagination, but the MX engine sounds better and better every time I start up the tractor. The tractor is only at 142 hours or so (less because I have two tractors) but I love the sound of the engine.

Reactions: 2 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
No pictures from me but yesterday morning I spent about 30 minutes in the MX6000 with blower out back and hydraulic angled blade up front to clear about 3" of snow off 400 yards of driveway and parking areas before heading to the airport.

I don't know if it's my imagination, but the MX engine sounds better and better every time I start up the tractor. The tractor is only at 142 hours or so (less because I have two tractors) but I love the sound of the engine.
Time to make your own ring tone now!

• Haha

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019

My 1200+ hour B2650HSD engine sounds smoother and quieter than even a year ago! Really, after every 200 hour servicing the engine T6-5w40 the post oil change engine sounds better than the last post-oil-change running engine. Smoother, quieter, and more responsive. HST oil change quiets more too.

So, like, maybe 2000 hours for these little diesels to "wear them in"? lol...

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
My 1200+ hour B2650HSD engine sounds smoother and quieter than even a year ago! Really, after every 200 hour servicing the engine T6-5w40 the post oil change engine sounds better than the last post-oil-change running engine. Smoother, quieter, and more responsive. HST oil change quiets more too.

So, like, maybe 2000 hours for these little diesels to "wear them in"? lol...
Ha! The most hours I've ever put on a tractor was the BX25 that only had ~350 hours on it after 5 years. I use the MX and M way more than I ever used the BX, so with any luck I'll post an update in 10 years where I report 2,000 hours on both tractors! I don't want to sell or upgrade either so it's a real possibility, unless I keel over first. :)

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Fired it up and did a quick drive in the driveway. Been sitting for a couple weeks while waiting for snow.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Oh yes, I've had that as a dream since first building this one almost 10 years ago. Wasn't in the cards (budget) at the time. But once this poly breaks down and needs replacing I'll be lining with greenhouse clear poly before the new cover goes on.
Some sealing/tightening sheets together system will be needed around the perimeter to contain the squirrel cage fan pressure.
It was around 30 years ago I was involved with the construction of at least a dozen double-covered inflated hoop greenhouses about 150 ft long each, 30 ft wide, for a local tree nursery. When the flats started getting put out in them in the late winter I could see the sky lit up with their grow lights early morning then later in evening from over 8 miles away.
And yes, they work great, but also need a fair bit of heat at night anyway.
I have lived in Canada before, so I do know what an expensive import hassle there can be ....but...
In the USA there is a sidewall aluminum clamp (runner) type system to hold the two layers of poly tight.
It is readily available from greenhouse suppliers.

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
I have lived in Canada before, so I do know what an expensive import hassle there can be ....but...
In the USA there is a sidewall aluminum clamp (runner) type system to hold the two layers of poly tight.
It is readily available from greenhouse suppliers.
Yes, extruded Al clip strips are what we built the tree nursery hoop greenhouses with. They replaced the poly covers every 3-5 years so quick-attach-detach fastener strips did the job.