What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I haven't been out to pet mine in over a week!!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Casto71

Equipment
Kubota L4600
Nov 26, 2023
West Virginia
I’ve got a Kybota L4600, it will work fine in low range, but has zero power in high. When bleeding the fuel system we attempted to open the line at the injection pump, and found out the hard way that the housing on this side of the fuel line adjust the fuel delivery, now it seems that #4 is not getting enough fuel, and adjusting the housing has zero effect, I think something got damaged on the internal end of the housing. Can the housing be changed or do I need a new injection pump?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Finally wet enough to burn some stumps! Down side is it was wet enough for two more pines to come down and leave two more stumps. LoL!!
20231126_122105.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Not much. Waited until today to get some winter blend diesel.

Filled tractor up and let it run to pull it through the system. Dosed the fuel with Power Service White bottle and a little Power Service Bio Kleen.

View attachment 116887
Today, bought two bottles of white, myself.
One for the tractor- PS winter
One for the wife- Napa Chardonnay
😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Pulled the mower deck off, changed the engine oil (only had 30 hours), pulled the power bagger assembly off, mounted the snowblower (rear), reinstalled the loader, used loader to pick up and clean the mower deck, used loader to get the power bagger onto a rolling pallet, used the loader to lift the mower deck onto a scaffold, and pulled steel cutting edge to replace with composite edge - all in that order, and now ready for snow.

Reactions: 3 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Pulled the mower deck off, changed the engine oil (only had 30 hours), pulled the power bagger assembly off, mounted the snowblower (rear), reinstalled the loader, used loader to pick up and clean the mower deck, used loader to get the power bagger onto a rolling pallet, used the loader to lift the mower deck onto a scaffold, and pulled steel cutting edge to replace with composite edge - all in that order, and now ready for snow.
That was a chore.....

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
That was a chore.....
Yeah, one I would almost rather pay for, took a few hours, but it does help me get more familiar with everything the tractor is and can do. I also put the BXPanded skid plate back on, which was the easiest of all the things.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Yeah, one I would almost rather pay for, took a few hours, but it does help me get more familiar with everything the tractor is and can do. I also put the BXPanded skid plate back on, which was the easiest of all the things.
I try to R&R things which I will not be using. I mean, if the implement or attachment will not get used for days/weeks, off it comes. If not for familiarization connecting/disconnecting, then for having less hanging off the machine I have to be aware of.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I try to R&R things which I will not be using. I mean, if the implement or attachment will not get used for days/weeks, off it comes. If not for familiarization connecting/disconnecting, then for having less hanging off the machine I have to be aware of.
My loader is NOT removable!
I have never removed my BH, and likely never will.
Different strokes for different strokes.
I do have another tractor.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
My loader is NOT removable!
I have never removed my BH, and likely never will.
Different strokes for different strokes.
I do have another tractor.
Some have a need, some don't.

Different stokes for different folks.

slyoteboy

Equipment
B7100HST
Nov 26, 2023
Central Coast CA
Just unloaded this off the trailer from the 11.5 Hour trek to get it yesterday.

Ran it a while trying it out around the yard. Waiting for tomorrow to get some hoses. Grabbed some rattle can paint today to start touching things up. New rear hubs otw, and shortly some tires.

PXL_20231126_204652065.jpg
PXL_20231126_204658459.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Next year, I'm going to use the loader to get my mower deck back and forth from its storage orientation. I have the axles that allow you to store it vertically when not in use (they are great and save a bunch of space), but I've been lifting and lowering it myself for the past three years. Let me tell you, that ~400lb deck (RCK60-30BB) isn't getting any lighter as I continue to get older. Work smarter not harder as they say...

Last edited:

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Next year, I'm going to use the loader to get my mower deck back and forth from its storage orientation. I have the axles that allow you to store it vertically when not in use (they are great and save a bunch of space), but I've been lifting and lowering it myself for the past three years. Let me tell you, that 400lb deck isn't getting any lighter as I continue to get older. Work smarter not harder as they say...
Do tell, what are these axles? I have the 60" deck, which I believe is ~270lbs and a major pain to get up on the scaffold, I'd really like to store it vertically instead, but, aside from the dolly's I've seen, which cost $400 or so, I've not seen a great solution.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Next year, I'm going to use the loader to get my mower deck back and forth from its storage orientation. I have the axles that allow you to store it vertically when not in use (they are great and save a bunch of space), but I've been lifting and lowering it myself for the past three years. Let me tell you, that 400lb deck isn't getting any lighter as I continue to get older. Work smarter not harder as they say...
I'd also like to know about those axles.

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
@GreX, @JimDeL Here is a picture that I took when cleaning up the deck. Normally, I store it against the garage wall during the winter. I will try to find the company I purchased them from, but I know that others have come up with DIY solutions as well.

20231125_121246.jpg

Last edited:

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
@GreX, @JimDeL Here is a picture that I took when cleaning up the deck. Normally, I store it against the garage wall during the winter. I will try to find the company I purchased them from, but I know that others have come up with DIY solutions as well.

View attachment 116995
Thanks for the pic. Are the axle shafts a full inch/25mm diameter, or smaller? Are they cross drill so they can be pinned to keep them from sliding back and forth?

I'd like to make a set, but haven't found any wheels with 1" diameter axles. I may have to find someone with a metal lathe to cut the shafts down.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I'm unsure of the diameter, but I can check this afternoon. The ends are definitely smaller, 1/2" maybe. They are crossed drilled and that hole is used to pin them to the guide wheel arms on mine. I know the configuration for the BX decks is a bit different though. Unfortunately, the site I purchased them from no longer appears to be in business. If I were building my own, I would try to incorporate locking caster wheels as they would make close quarters maneuvering much easier. Here is a link to a solution from another member.

Last edited:

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
I'm unsure of the diameter but I can check this afternoon. The ends are definitely smaller, 1/2" maybe. They are crossed drilled and that hole is used to pin them to the guide wheel arms on mine. I know the configuration for the BX decks is a bit different though. I just checked my email and the site I purchased them from no longer appears to be in business. If I were building my own, I would see if I could incorporate locking caster wheels as they would make close quarters maneuvering much easier. Here is a link to a solution from another member.

Thanks for the info. The swivel casters sound lie a good idea, too.

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
I'm unsure of the diameter but I can check this afternoon. The ends are definitely smaller, 1/2" maybe. They are crossed drilled and that hole is used to pin them to the guide wheel arms on mine. I know the configuration for the BX decks is a bit different though. Unfortunately, the site I purchased them from no longer appears to be in business. If I were building my own, I would see if I could incorporate locking caster wheels as they would make close quarters maneuvering much easier. Here is a link to a solution from another member.

Agreed, thanks for the link, looks pretty simple, I think even my poor attempt at DIY projects could make something like that. Get a couple feet of pipe, cut in half, make holes in the pipe for the casters and a pin in the middle (for stability) and you have yourself a mower deck dolly. I've seen the dolly's that folks have purchased, and they cost $300-$400 which is a bit too steep (https://www.deckdolly.com/deck-dolly/).

@JimDeL - here is a video - https://deckaxles.com/