What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
This past Sunday morning I used the MX6000 with the factory bucket and Everything Attachments bolt on Wicked tooth bar to dig a grave for my Great Pyrenees. She passed away Saturday night and I had to leave for a work trip Sunday afternoon. Fortunately the ground was soft enough that I was able to prepare a nice spot for her by a big rock. I had her for almost seven years after a coworker rescued (stole) her from an abusive situation. She thrived with me, gained healthy weight back and had a good life. She was an incredibly gentle giant and I shall miss her. 😪

20210617_091945(0).jpg

20190312_201401.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 21 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
This past Sunday morning I used the MX6000 with the factory bucket and Everything Attachments bolt on Wicked tooth bar to dig a grave for my Great Pyrenees. She passed away Saturday night and I had to leave for a work trip Sunday afternoon. Fortunately the ground was soft enough that I was able to prepare a nice spot for her by a big rock. I had her for almost seven years after a coworker rescued (stole) her from an abusive situation. She thrived with me, gained healthy weight back and had a good life. She was an incredibly gentle giant and I shall miss her. 😪

View attachment 115622

View attachment 115623
You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your dog.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

View attachment 115622

View attachment 115623
wrong emoji for me. sorry for your loss.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny

View attachment 115622

View attachment 115623
Never an easy task. We had to say good by to Tanner our 15 yo lab mix in september. Made him a nice spot overlooking his little swimming hole I dug with the kubota 2 years ago. He love to swim and chase sticks we threw even as his eyes were failing. If it was sunny he could see the sticks and was happy.
I surely sympathize and feel your pups passing.

Bill

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Replaced a damaged hose on the grapple and took two 90°s off the hoses to give them a more gentle path. Hopefully the hoses will hold up better.

20231108_193559.jpg

20231108_193518.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Reason for repair.....roots?
Blockage. Found an old broken cast iron house trap at that location. They couldn't get a jetter nor a camera through it. Very heavy layer of grease was plugging the system.

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
Three weeks ago this last Saturday I took my L2501 for a ride. My son and I haled it, Forks and rake with the FEL and Backhoe 150 miles to our district Royal Rangers camp. I was planning on going back up Sunday evening so I could start first thing Monday morning removing trees and stumps for more camping area.
We also had to drive another 60 miles farther North to pickup my other sons van. It caught fire on his way to a work weekend at a renaissance fair he attends. It was a total loss and he had several $1000's of tools in it at the time.
Well the forecast changed and it ended up raining for 3 days.
I went back up last Monday and got to work.
Here are a few pictures of before.
RRbefore.jpg

The tractor is on the other side of a dry wash.
RRbefore2.jpg
RRbefore3.jpg

This is the burn pile. Only 40+ trips about a half mile from the work area.
RRburnpile.jpg

Here is the finished area, from the other side of the dry wash. The tractor is in the same location as the before photos.
RRafter.jpg
RRafter2.jpg
RRafter3.jpg

RRafter4.jpg
RRafter5.jpg

I had a white, Orange tractor both mornings. Temp were in the low 20s warming to the upper 50s.
I put 26 hours on the tractor in 2 1/2 days. Still more we want to get cleared but that is going to wait for warmer weather.

Reactions: 12 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Three weeks ago this last Saturday I took my L2501 for a ride. My son and I haled it, Forks and rake with the FEL and Backhoe 150 miles to our district Royal Rangers camp. I was planning on going back up Sunday evening so I could start first thing Monday morning removing trees and stumps for more camping area.
We also had to drive another 60 miles farther North to pickup my other sons van. It caught fire on his way to a work weekend at a renaissance fair he attends. It was a total loss and he had several $1000's of tools in it at the time.
Well the forecast changed and it ended up raining for 3 days.
I went back up last Monday and got to work.
Here are a few pictures of before.
View attachment 115676
The tractor is on the other side of a dry wash.
View attachment 115677 View attachment 115678
This is the burn pile. Only 40+ trips about a half mile from the work area.
View attachment 115679
Here is the finished area, from the other side of the dry wash. The tractor is in the same location as the before photos.
View attachment 115680 View attachment 115681 View attachment 115682
View attachment 115688 View attachment 115689
I had a white, Orange tractor both mornings. Temp were in the low 20s warming to the upper 50s.
I put 26 hours on the tractor in 2 1/2 days. Still more we want to get cleared but that is going to wait for warmer weather.
Very nice volunteer effort!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your dog.
Thanks @rc51stierhoff, @Chanceywd and @dirtydeed and for many others who know what it's like to lose a family member. For those of us blessed to have animals as companions throughout our lives, we go through this time and time again. I've said goodbye to a lot of dogs over the years, but Maggie is the first one that I've buried. I usually have them cremated once they pass away, and keep their ashes in nice boxes, but this is the first place I've lived where I could imagine remaining for the rest of my life, and so it seemed fitting to bury her here. My little heeler mix is missing Maggie too, but we'll get through it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Thanks @rc51stierhoff, @Chanceywd and @dirtydeed and for many others who know what it's like to lose a family member. For those of us blessed to have animals as companions throughout our lives, we go through this time and time again. I've said goodbye to a lot of dogs over the years, but Maggie is the first one that I've buried. I usually have them cremated once they pass away, and keep their ashes in nice boxes, but this is the first place I've lived where I could imagine remaining for the rest of my life, and so it seemed fitting to bury her here. My little heeler mix is missing Maggie too, but we'll get through it.
It’s never the same for each of us, and it’s never easy (at least not for me), and me myself I can’t make the words…it’s tough and it takes time, but IMO it’s better to have them for a short while than not to have them. Just do your best.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
It’s definitely not easy. When our cat, which my wife “didn’t like” died unexpectedly we kept him in a spare freezer while we debated (mostly she debated) for three weeks whether to cremate of bury him. Ended up burying him in a 1/4” plate steel box with some of his favorite toys and a funeral fit for a human. Currently waiting for the headstone to arrive. Might seem silly but they become family members and it’s not easy to say goodbye. I don’t know that we’ll replace him partly because we don’t want to go through that again.

• Sad

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Replaced a damaged hose on the grapple and took two 90°s off the hoses to give them a more gentle path. Hopefully the hoses will hold up better.

View attachment 115635
View attachment 115636

I also have 90's and debated of removing them. I have gone through several hoses, but that's when the grapple is on the skidsteer. Knock on wood, haven't had an issue with the hoses on the MX. I do use a bungee cord to keep the hoses away from the right lift arm.

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
This was yesterday, but I got more of the tree(s) (Mrs Trial and Error wanted another one dropped) cleaned up and got to truly test the balance of the little B. It did amazing and despite having one user induced failure on the forks frame that was fairly easily remedied, the forks are doing what they where designed for and probably even exceeding my expectations. The tractor will do a reverse wheelie before they break if I don't repeat yesterday's operation failure .

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
C
Very rural, and very desirable!
Couldn’t be much more rural than where I grew up. The world is flat, and I can prove it because I used to live right next to falling off. We got yesterday’s paper to read. It was so far back in the sticks, we pumped in sunshine and pumped out moonshine. The directions to my house included the words “Turn off the paved road.”
I hated living out there as a kid, but would just about give anything to have a place just like it now that I’m old and know why folks live in places like that.

Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
C

Couldn’t be much more rural than where I grew up. The world is flat, and I can prove it because I used to live right next to falling off. We got yesterday’s paper to read. It was so far back in the sticks, we pumped in sunshine and pumped out moonshine. The directions to my house included the words “Turn off the paved road.”
I hated living out there as a kid, but would just about give anything to have a place just like it now that I’m old and know why folks live in places like that.
Cavendish VT, is a lot like that.
I don't live there, but have been there several times.
Beautiful, and hilly, with old New England history and charm.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Cavendish VT, is a lot like that.
I don't live there, but have been there several times.
Beautiful, and hilly, with old New England history and charm.
Best part about it is that it would put some distance between me and some very stupid people that deserve little more than a good slap up side their head to try to shake some of the stupid off. Stupid normally takes care of itself, but there’s an awful lot of it around these days. Not enough slaps, I reckon.

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I also have 90's and debated of removing them. I have gone through several hoses, but that's when the grapple is on the skidsteer. Knock on wood, haven't had an issue with the hoses on the MX. I do use a bungee cord to keep the hoses away from the right lift arm.
I have the Kubota 3rd function so the hydraulic couplers are inline with the loader tube. The 90's were on my grapple lines but they seemed to get twisted up and one would like to disconnect. Since I needed the new hose I figured I may as well put on new hose wrap and try a different route for them. The grapple will be getting a workout this weekend so I hope I don't have any issues.

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
@mcmxi - sorry for your loss. I have a current dog named Maggie. She's a lab mixup.

I got my new to me L45 on Monday and have been going over it. I found that the factory 3rd function wasn't working (I don't think it was ever used - capped off on the loader). I got into the hydraulic area and identified the suspect wiring harness. I started out with the connectors and found them all dirty. I blew them all out and used contact cleaner.
photo_2023-11-09_19-30-12.jpg

After cleaning the harness connectors where the main power came in I was able to detect 12v but still no worky. I took apart the switch on the loader control area and cleaned it up, then I got the little green light and the one of the buttons would work. I hunted down the relays and found a bad one. Ordered it and received it today. All fixed!
photo_2023-11-09_19-30-26.jpg

I still need my pioneer connectors but it should be usable next week for my grapple. I had it up at the shop so I decided to see if the paint will come up at all. Spent about 5 minutes with a car polisher and some compound to take this
photo_2023-11-09_19-30-36.jpg

to this
photo_2023-11-09_19-30-42.jpg

Then I finished pulling this stump I started yesterday. My biggest yet. The loader on this thing is nuts compared to my LA402 on the B.
photo_2023-11-09_19-30-47.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I have the Kubota 3rd function so the hydraulic couplers are inline with the loader tube. The 90's were on my grapple lines but they seemed to get twisted up and one would like to disconnect. Since I needed the new hose I figured I may as well put on new hose wrap and try a different route for them. The grapple will be getting a workout this weekend so I hope I don't have any issues.
Yes, mine is like that as well Let me know how it works out. I noticed your grapple is open in the back. You might want to consider welding some plate or HD wire on those open areas on the back of the grapple. Wood stabbs/pieces can still poke all the way through damage parts of the tractor. I have 3/8 plate welded on mine.