What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Finally started fluid service on the M with engine oil and filter. Actually started yesterday but after draining the crankcase I realized I only had about a gallon and a half in the shop and being Sunday I was SOL until today when the stores opened. Trans fluid and filters next. I have them in stock 😊
Yup.......on Sunday, Cavendish is likely a long way from any diesel rated oil.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
My son and I filled up 11 wildlife water tubs today. We need rain! Locally we are 10.2 inches from normal rain fall amount on the year. Were supposed to avg. Around 24in a year. During last summer, was the driest year out of 128 years of records. This summer wasn't much better, less than 3 inches of rain.

We got 3/10ths about a week ago, so there is a little bit of green.
Screenshot_20231106_182614_Chrome.jpg

20231106_130258.jpg

20231106_130537.jpg

20231106_130901.jpg

20231106_131305.jpg

Little bit of water in the tote went to a food plot.
20231106_131554.jpg

Prayin for rain this week, I have planted seed in about 12 acres.

Reactions: 4 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Changed engine oil & filter, air filter, fuel filter, topped off all 3 hydraulic reservoirs, tightened backhoe & subframe bolts, greased 56 zerks. Broke one zerk, but had a replacement on hand. Checked coolant & fan belt.
Tomorrow I will check tire pressures and tighten seat pivot.

Reactions: 3 users

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Got do some more tests on the homemade pallet forks, I should be doing leaf stuff but I'm having too much fun "playing" with my new attachment, so much so that I decided to take down a decent size pine in the front just so I can use the forls for cleanup and see if it's significantly fast/easier then the previous way which was all hand loading. I had already taken the ballast off the back and put the "trailer mover" on so I didn't get to do any of the big chunks but yes this is significantly faster then the old way of doing it, I should only have one trailer load of bits and peices when I'm done, instead of the usual multiple loads to hand unload

Attachments

Reactions: 10 users

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Pulled a few small stumps today

1699408886006.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 19 users

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I added my fancy step I made over the weekend.
I'm going to have my ex-motherinlaw check it for weight capacity/strength!!!!
20231106_105146.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Sewer line repair today. They don't get much easier than this.

H4-COR826-1.JPG

H4-COR826-4.JPG

H4-COR826-6.JPG

H4-COR826-7.JPG

Done. Home by lunchtime. I'll take those any day of the week.

Reactions: 12 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Tore apart the “new” starter off the B1700 that had been giving me fits. No obvious signs of issues. I’ll clean it well, put it back together and test. Then on the shelf to wait

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Wife wanted to set up real horse shoe pits instead of just having a couple of posts in the yard, so we made these.
IMG_1450.jpeg

While we’re picking up materials, I was thinking it would be nice to have pristine clean playground sand so I figured 4’ x 3’ x 3” = 3cf x 2 pits = 6 cf total and loaded up 12 half cf bags on our cart. One of the bags was leaking a little. Wife felt the sand and said it made her hands feel dry so she didn’t like it. Told her I wasn’t having someone deliver 6cf of sand but if she wanted creek sand, I’d see what I could do. It would save us the cost of sand anyway. She opted for creek sand.

So she supervised while our adult son and I built these things. Got the tractor out and told them I’d be back shortly with sand. She said she didn’t know where I thought I was getting it because there’s nothing but mud in the creek and she wasn’t good with mud. Told her not to worry about it. She then asked how many trips is this going to take being each trip would be about 20 minutes or more. Told her one. She said that made no sense. Told her, we’ll 3’ x 4’ x 3” x 2 pits = 6cf and the bucket holds about a half yard so one trip would be plenty. She said 3x4x3x2 is 72 and at a half per bucket that’s over 100 trips. Tried to explain her units of measure were all fouled up and it almost immediately devolved into a “Who’s on First” routine of back and forth on cubic feet v cubic yards and inches v feet. After about five minutes of this nonsense, son stepped in and convinced her to just let me go get one bucket of sand from the mystery quarry and see how it went before shutting down the operation.

So yeah there’s a lot of mud in the creek. It has been migrating south for eons so the north side is sand for several yards and the south side is mud. Off to one of the crossings with the loader.
IMG_0777.jpeg

Sure enough there’s a bunch of mud on the south side and a bunch of sand on the north. Can’t find my reading glasses without assistance but the sand is still where it’s been the past 30 years I’ve known about it so no problem finding it. Needed some touch up anyway so a few minutes of that and a bucket of sand later…
IMG_1444.jpeg

Back down the “road“ to to the unoccupied house yard. One bucket and we had sand left over (shocker). Last I heard, wife was still working on the math. There’s a lot of stuff she’s way better at than I am, but I can figure cf and cy needed to cover a specified area to a specific depth.

Edit: Only thing I don’t like about the Kubota is sometimes it’s so dang efficient I don’t get much seat time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Wife wanted to set up real horse shoe pits instead of just having a couple of posts in the yard, so we made these.
View attachment 115588
While we’re picking up materials, I was thinking it would be nice to have pristine clean playground sand so I figured 4’ x 3’ x 3” = 3cf x 2 pits = 6 cf total and loaded up 12 half cf bags on our cart. One of the bags was leaking a little. Wife felt the sand and said it made her hands feel dry so she didn’t like it. Told her I wasn’t having someone deliver 6cf of sand but if she wanted creek sand, I’d see what I could do. It would save us the cost of sand anyway. She opted for creek sand.

So she supervised while our adult son and I built these things. Got the tractor out and told them I’d be back shortly with sand. She said she didn’t know where I thought I was getting it because there’s nothing but mud in the creek and she wasn’t good with mud. Told her not to worry about it. She then asked how many trips is this going to take being each trip would be about 20 minutes or more. Told her one. She said that made no sense. Told her, we’ll 3’ x 4’ x 3” x 2 pits = 6cf and the bucket holds about a half yard so one trip would be plenty. She said 3x4x3x2 is 72 and at a half per bucket that’s over 100 trips. Tried to explain her units of measure were all fouled up and it almost immediately devolved into a “Who’s on First” routine of back and forth on cubic feet v cubic yards and inches v feet. After about five minutes of this nonsense, son stepped in and convinced her to just let me go get one bucket of sand from the mystery quarry and see how it went before shutting down the operation.

So yeah there’s a lot of mud in the creek. It has been migrating south for eons so the north side is sand for several yards and the south side is mud. Off to one of the crossings with the loader.
View attachment 115593
Sure enough there’s a bunch of mud on the south side and a bunch of sand on the north. Can’t find my reading glasses without assistance but the sand is still where it’s been the past 30 years I’ve known about it so no problem finding it. Needed some touch up anyway so a few minutes of that and a bucket of sand later…
View attachment 115602
Back down the “road“ to to the unoccupied house yard. One bucket and we had sand left over (shocker). Last I heard, wife was still working on the math. There’s a lot of stuff she’s way better at than I am, but I can figure cf and cy needed to cover a specified area to a specific depth.

Edit: Only thing I don’t like about the Kubota is sometimes it’s so dang efficient I don’t get much seat time.
Reminds me of a coworker, my group leader. I could do a 3 ph load calculation in my head and know the wire size, breaker etc. He checked my work with a calculator for a few years and then in later years ask me for my input first.
Another time, different friend questioned my calculation for a concrete pour at the fire station. He ordered a yard or so extra so we had a yard or so extra!
I remember the ready mix company gave me one of those slide rule like cardboard things don't know what happened to it.

Bill

Reactions: 2 users