What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Nice to have helpers for sure.
Where did you get the led light strip that fits perfectly in the grill guard?
It’s just one of these from Amazon

Limited-time deal: Nilight - 60005C-A 20Inch 126W Spot Flood Combo Led Light Bar Off Road Lights Boat Lighting Fog Light Driving Lights LED Work Light for Trucks, 2 Years Warranty
https://a.co/d/7FDVyDf

Reactions: 1 users

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
After a brutally hot and dry summer that took its toll on the grass and trees it's finally cooling off and raining again.

So, I broke out the spreader and fertilizer to try and help the grass along.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Well fall is here and this morning was our first freeze warning…we’ve had a few small fires from armloads, but today the B brought some wood up to the porch for first time this year and then we turned some compost. There is forecast for some light snow next week. ⛄

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Well fall is here and this morning was our first freeze warning…we’ve had a few small fires from armloads, but today the B brought some wood up to the porch for first time this year and then we turned some compost. There is forecast for some light snow next week. ⛄
supposedly the forecast for the winter for states around Great Lakes area is we are going to have a very mild winter. I’m hoping not as I love the cold and snow, but I know that isn’t a popular opinion lol. Florida I guess is supposed to get much more precipitation than normal. I believe this is because of El Niño.

Reactions: 1 user

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I had a 76ft twin Ponderosa pine die off this spring, just a drought casualty, no evidence of bark beetle infestation.
Finally got around to dropping it and disposing of it at the local Forest Circus burn pit.
Stump measured 28" at the cut. Took 5 heaped trailer loads to dispose of it.
Upper 6 logs were cut to 9ft, next 4 were cut to 4ft, every thing after that was cut to two or three feet.
Most of the small stuff was hand loaded or raked into piles and loaded with the FEL bucket.
Learned a couple things:
1) There is a lot of wood in a 76ft twin pine.
2) I'm getting too old for this crap.
1st pic shows tree standing, 2nd after dropping, the next few show various stages of cutting/loading, last shows cleaned up drop area looking back toward stump.
Should have been some action shots, but this was a solo project.
IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0009.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
After the tree project, I was going to shut off & drain the water to the cabin, go home , & rest, only to discover a foot of standing water over the stop & waste valve.
Crap.
Called the local licensed plumber and he said he could get there the next day after noon, but his excavation guy could no get there till 3 days after that. (plumber doesn't dig)
Crap.
But the plumber said if I would dig it, he would come out and do the plumbing work.
I was exhausted from the tree job, but I shut the main off & started digging.
After I had the pipe exposed, the standing water went away overnight.
Plumber installed a new type stop & waste and a new yard hydrant, and I (almost) finished filling the hole with clean fill, instead of the rocky, root-filled junk that came out.
I was too tired to finish, but it will only take another bucket or two of fill & some raking to complete.
(next trip)
1st pic starting dig with standing water, next two more digging progress, next awaiting plumber & a refuel, last almost done
IMG_0019.JPG IMG_0021.JPG IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0026.JPG IMG_0027.JPG

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
This, six times.
image.jpg

No more actual grass cutting, but I’ll be picking up leaves for the next 6 months. The little fella does a good job and is a lot easier to maneuver than the LX. Since mine is the SU, no middle PTO, so can’t run a mowing deck and catcher at the same time. I’m thinking a tow behind yard vac is in order rather than a 3pt mowing deck. I might get a mower when the little Husky lays down, though. It has been a good little machine and used to do all the work I do with the LX now. It just wasn’t very good at pulling stumps.

Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Winter in Florida is in my "forecast", beginning in just a few days.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
First snow of the winter here today so getting the MX6000 set up with the LP front hydraulic snow blade and rear LP snow blower. Appears that our short Fall is over. ⛄❄ I've had a nice fire going all day, much to the delight of my Heeler. She was raised by cats I think.

snow_10_24_23.jpg

snow_10_24_23 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
Last Friday I used the 2501 to pull a hay ride at our church. 6 trips with a 20' trailer. Loaded it, forks and rake up after reinstalling the BH. Saturday morning my youngest son and I drove 130 miles and unloaded every thing at our District Royal Rangers camp. (Stump and trees need cleared) Then we drove 50 more miles and loaded up my oldest sons burnt out dodge van and brought it home. His van caught fire driving to a Renaissance fair. No insurance coverage so now we have to sort through the mess and find out how many tools we lost. It was a work day and he borrowed a lot of tools.

Reactions: 4 users

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Started tearing up my front yard to grade it away from the house. I used my sod cutter to peel off the grass and used it to slice off the dirt 2” at a time.
IMG_1905.jpeg
IMG_1904.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Ouch.....
USD- CAD exchange = horrible.
Import duty at the border,
+HST
OUCH !
There's been a Canadian distributor for a couple years so no pain on that side. It's costly but, I'm impressed witht the quality so far putting it together.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
The BXpanded FEL dolly showed up, threw it together (installed four casters), and tested it out in the driveway - it's pretty damn cool - no more tearing up the driveway with the stand, no more looking for a flat spot in the grass to take it off, to only then to curse the day I took it off in the first place when trying to reinstall. I can easily move the FEL around by hand after its on there, not that I really needed that, but it's for sure something I didn't know I "needed", but super glad I now have.
Please post up some images of the FEL Cart. Preferably without the loader sitting on it.