What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
9CF33D20-5DB9-4721-9B5F-98BC03EE8678.jpeg
F9222B8C-403D-496B-A93B-08333D5E6463.jpeg

Put the Frontier OS2058 on the tractor and went at it overseeding. Put a couple hundred pounds of seed out in bare or thin spots. Overall width is about 5’ and weighs approximately 900-1000lbs, but the tractor handled it with ease.

Reactions: 6 users

Smitty901

Equipment
2601,with loader and Box grader, more will be added
Sep 20, 2023
Wisconsin
Broke down a front tire down to replace a Valve stem that broke. Purchased a Kubota block heater winter is coming.

Reactions: 1 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
$380/free shipping

Here is my original thread:

I still think these are the best forks I know of, but had lots of trouble getting them in hand.
(see thread)
My neighbor, who has a B2150, bought a set of 48" forks off e-boy, and had to cut down the t-handles for the clamps- they were set too close to the bucket sides to rotate. Now they are hard to tighten, causing some shifting. They also have bent a little.

There are lots of forks on e-boy & amazone, but I'd question the quality.

Thanks for the info they look well built

Reactions: 1 user

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Mine have never shifted, with just hand tightening, even lifting logs.
I use mine as forks all the time, but sometimes they are just not long enough, such as lifting a pallet, or a large piece of furniture.

Hope you didn't just jinx yourself.....

gg

3cDiesel

Equipment
G 1800S
Jul 27, 2022
Ohio
Installed a new driveshaft kit on my G1800-S. Last week the rear U-joint failed and broke the yoke and bent the driveshaft. The Old Girl is back in business!

UnEasyRider

Equipment
L3302 LA 526 loader, Box Scraper, Grappler, Forks, Rotary mower, Big Tool Rack.
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
Nothing much to "elaborate" about.
Glue without primer would have very likely worked!
Try it sometime, just to validate condition.
Primer without glue....very obviously not!
I guess I'm not getting it. Why would glue without primer be better???

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I think you have misinterpreted the comment.
NO one suggested that glue without primer, would be better..... than using primer, AND glue.

Joints with only glue, and no primer will usually stay together.
Joints with only primer, and no glue, will NOT stay together!

Are you "getting it" now?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
If I understand your question, primer is just the solvents that soften the pipe. The glue is the solvents + some of the resin. The primer won't fill any gaps between the pipe and fittings, but the glue will.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The reason primers are colored is so the inspector knows if it's been applied! If your job is being inspected and no primer is seen in the joints you will get to start over!

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
The reason primers are colored is so the inspector knows if it's been applied! If your job is being inspected and no primer is seen in the joints you will get to start over!
What if you used a clear primer such as ordinary acetone? Oatey has a clear primer too (plain acetone), for those that don't want purple stains all over their installation. You are correct though, that the purple is ONLY a dye to show it has been used, and designed to make inspectors' work easier. The jury's still out on the true benefits if the pipe is new and clean and the glue is fresh and properly applied. When doing installations on swimming pools, I used to clean ALL the exposed pipe with acetone to remove the printing on it and make the plumbing look nice on the pump pad. If it was buried, no bother, no worries. I was taught to do it correctly by a professional plumber. You can also use a fine grit sandpaper for the cleaning if the pipe is clean and dry, the objective being to remove the glazing from the injection/extrusion molding processes. The dies for that process are lubricated, and can leave a residue on the pipe/fittings which should be cleaned off by more reputable brands of pipe.

I watched a dude putting in a rain collection system on Youtube the other day. He might have cut half-way through the pipe before just breaking it off leaving a ragged end (and probably several longitudinal fractures in the pipe). He was racing against incoming rain, meaning half his glue joints probably aren't going to hold anyway. Fortunately, none of it was pressurized. What really made my jaw drop was him using glue on the threaded fittings. You will NOT get a proper seal if you glue threaded fittings. Just like metal pipe, threaded PVC fittings are NPT tapered thread, and rely on the mechanical seal of the threads as much as any sealant applied. The only things that should be used for threaded connections is Teflon thread tape (best/cleanest) or RTV silicone rubber caulk. I've used Teflon thread paste when I had nothing else. The objective is to lubricate the threads so the fitting can be properly tightened without splitting the part with the female threads. Any void or bubble in glue used on threaded fittings WILL leak. That's a promise.

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
The BXpanded FEL dolly showed up, threw it together (installed four casters), and tested it out in the driveway - it's pretty damn cool - no more tearing up the driveway with the stand, no more looking for a flat spot in the grass to take it off, to only then to curse the day I took it off in the first place when trying to reinstall. I can easily move the FEL around by hand after its on there, not that I really needed that, but it's for sure something I didn't know I "needed", but super glad I now have.

UnEasyRider

Equipment
L3302 LA 526 loader, Box Scraper, Grappler, Forks, Rotary mower, Big Tool Rack.
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
I think you have misinterpreted the comment.
NO one suggested that glue without primer, would be better..... than using primer, AND glue.

Joints with only glue, and no primer will usually stay together.
Joints with only primer, and no glue, will NOT stay together!

Are you "getting it" now?
Yep...musta misread it as thats what I was taught.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
View attachment 112143 View attachment 112144

Put the Frontier OS2058 on the tractor and went at it overseeding. Put a couple hundred pounds of seed out in bare or thin spots. Overall width is about 5’ and weighs approximately 900-1000lbs, but the tractor handled it with ease.
Nice looking seeder. Could you use it on an existing lawn or would it rip the yard up?

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Last week I started turning a 4-wheeler trail into a tractor road so I can cut some softwood this winter. This section is done and cleaned up pretty well.

BigFirRdExt1 .JPG

I widen the next stretch by hand

BigFirRdExt3 .JPG

Then roughed it into a tractor road with my small TD7 dozer.

BigFirRdExt6.JPG

Then I used the tractor to widen the next stretch which is what I did today

P1020503.JPG

P1020508.JPG

P1020511.JPG

gg

Reactions: 10 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Used the box blade to move and spread 10yds of topsoil. I thought it did a respectable job over an area about 30' wide X 150' long. Then came the manual labor. Used a spreader for 100lbs of limestone followed by my own mixture of seed (tall fescue + contractor's northern mix).
Got to rake out about 1/3 of it before 'date night din din'. Finish tomorrow.