What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
Paul7720
What caused that to happen?
Is that something that happens on Kubota tractors?
I have not seen that before. I am still new at this tractor stuff.

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Splitting my 24/25 firewood a bucket full at a time - an on going project.

P1020213-1.JPG

The other day on the second bucket full I put out my camera just for fun. Slow work but it goes to fast motion after a few pieces.

gg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Today was rain, followed by more rain, followed by thunder and lightning, and more rain.
Tomorrow looks like rain, more rain, and then probably more rain.
Did I mention it's raining a lot here!
Same here probably won't be able to get into my front field for a month when it stops raining

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Splitting my 24/25 firewood a bucket full at a time - an on going project.

View attachment 101845

The other day on the second bucket full I put out my camera just for fun. Slow work but it goes to fast motion after a few pieces.

gg
Is that a custom roll bar on your tractor? I'm guessing to avoid any logs rolling back towards the hood/operator? Very nice.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Same here probably won't be able to get into my front field for a month when it stops raining
We are real lucky in that we are hill side and on sand, lots o sand, so it drains quick, can get on it the same day.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Been working the past few weekends trying to get caught up on processing the logs from the trees we took down to clear a spot for our barn last February. Poplar, Oak, Beech, Maple, Cherry....we definitely have a good mix of wood for our fireplace(s) once the house is finished!

Quite a bit more clearing to do that'll yield us even more...need to build a wood shed!
firewoodprocessing1.jpg
firewoodprocessing2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wow that would be awesome
The down fall is if it gets too hot and dry, things in it die quick and it get pretty dusty!
Tree's are fine as the ground holds water about 3 to 6 inches down but the grass and weeds gets killed then it gets brown quick!
And being in the woods / trees, any fuel for fire is really not a good thing!

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I'd like to say I hooked a big ass wood processor to the 3 tph and split a ton of wood BUT, that would be a slight exaggeration.
Put my sunjoe 10 ton manual hydraulic splitter into my 10 cubic foot garden trailer , dragged it to the wood pile and made a pile of small wood from a pile of rounds.
Not even a half days work but what the heck, I did not retire to work hard.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I hooked up my China chipper yesterday. I'd been cutting brush and trees on both sides of a property line stone wall for the last couple weekends. Generally a couple hours with a chainsaw and I've had enough physical labor for the day. But finally got it cut back. And started chipping today. I hadn't used my chipper for four yrs or so. I greased it fired it up knowing the mice must have a palace in there. Nothing came out the chute. 0. No air or chips. Finally I removed the chute and it had a mice block condo about a foot long. Then off we went. My sister and nephews lent a hand and we chipped for two hrs. The rest of the cut brush is on wetter ground. So it needs to dry some before I'd drive on it.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Cut and moved wood (maple) with the cs590 and the did some gravel work on the driveway with the tractor and stihl kombi sweeper moved an old metal truck cap we had been burning brush in back to its home in the woods, cleaned up the rest if the sod/dirt from the wife's front (dahlia) garden expansion,and last but not least and not tractor related switched the attachment on the kombi to the weed whip and did 1.5 hours of that noise starting at 4:30
My Saturdays are precious
And I know yall love
pictures, didn't get any of the garden part though

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Love

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Is that a custom roll bar on your tractor? I'm guessing to avoid any logs rolling back towards the hood/operator? Very nice.
I spend a lot of time working in the woods. Often on rough hilly terrain. It is for general safety and protection including what you mentioned while loading logs. I built it a couple years ago.

22_10_20-6.jpg

gg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
I was taking some bigger stuff to my burn pile. Gonna be a nice bonfire when I light these boys up.

Attachments

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I loaded the L3901DT with the grapple on the trailer and took it over to a friends farm to help clean up a couple of field that had trees blown over in them. Was a lot easier for me to grapple all the limps then for him and his wife to pick it all up by hand. Also moved some logs for him.

Reactions: 4 users