What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I launched my share of stumps with homemade ANFO (ammonium nitrate with diesel) back when they were still just considered farm supplies. Buying the two items on the same day these days will get you on an ATF watchlist, quick. Pretty amazing what a pound of ammonium nitrate and a cup of diesel will do. All the neighbors notice when you use it.

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
I made three trips to the log yard yesterday.

2019_16.JPG

I took this one after dumping my second load. My incoming load is behind my truck and the semi in the back ground is being loaded with out going wood destined for a mill.

P1020155_1.JPG

The town roads are deteriorating fast this week so I won't be back to the yard until after mud season.

gg

Reactions: 3 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Shop around for best price, but they are not expensive.
Bannon Chainsaw Holder
Item# 55816
I love these ^^ , you can easily weld them to all kinds of things! (or attach with hardware) they are simple to modify and cheap.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I love these ^^ , you can easily weld them to all kinds of things! (or attach with hardware) they are simple to modify and cheap.
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality for the price.

Easy to install and definitely will hold and secure most saws. Though I will use mine to hold and transport a small saw (for general work and cutting back limbs) it should easily accommodate a larger saw with say a 24" bar.

I wouldn't try to put my 'Big' saw in it though.

Solo 603a.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

kcnsouthva

Equipment
L4060HST, FDR1672, GS1572, RCR1872
Aug 29, 2021
VA
I always adopt from the local lab rescues. There are almost always "senior" dogs looking for their person!

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
^^^^^

That's OK, I store a couple of lengths of chain in the cross-tube (brace) of my front loader. It's a convenient place to store chain without having to come up with an exterior location to carry them. On a compact tractor there is just so much 'real estate' to work with. So mounting a 'chain bucket' doesn't make sense.

Those two lengths of chain pretty much fill the tube. The only way to get them packed back IN the tube is with the chain hook tool.

Reaching in and pulling the chain OUT is no problem. Once it starts....gravity takes over. But putting it all back IN is like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube without the help of the chain hook to stuff all that chain back in place.

Naturally, I have to carry the chain hook with me.....so I just found a place to mount it out of the way.

View attachment 98506
View attachment 98507
View attachment 98508
View attachment 98509
View attachment 98510
I have that cross tube in the loader itself, but another exact same cross tube is part of my lower loader mount.
I have chains,...... and small sledge, pry bar, pipe wrench, socket rail with 1/2" sockets, socket ratchet, channel locks, vise grips, cutting pliers ....misc other maybe need stuff.

Last edited:

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Broke a hundred hours collecting sap this morning. The L4701 is definitely more capable and less scary driving through deep snow over uneven surfaces with some weight on the forks (than my B2301). Hopefully the sap keeps until I’m able to boil it.

C7097867-3091-46AC-8D2B-6BA1AFD391C5.jpeg

53B786F8-3794-4C68-A538-C2C36CF160C0.jpeg

B1CC00A4-BF16-4FB4-80BE-DE22DF21A02B.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Broke a hundred hours collecting sap this morning. The L4701 is definitely more capable and less scary driving through deep snow over uneven surfaces with some weight on the forks (than my B2301). Hopefully the sap keeps until I’m able to boil it.

View attachment 98633

View attachment 98635

View attachment 98634
Dang, that's a lot of sap, how many trees are you tapping? We only did eight (8) trees this year, but we've collected about 50 gallons total, we walk it as our forest is too thick to drive even my little lawn tractor through (also far too wet/muddy to try that). Also, do you use propane or wood to boil? We're new to it (year 2) and using propane seems super wasteful and I'm constantly worrying about the flames blowing out.

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Dang, that's a lot of sap, how many trees are you tapping? We only did eight (8) trees this year, but we've collected about 50 gallons total, we walk it as our forest is too thick to drive even my little lawn tractor through (also far too wet/muddy to try that). Also, do you use propane or wood to boil? We're new to it (year 2) and using propane seems super wasteful and I'm constantly worrying about the flames blowing out.
I’m only doing 13 trees this year. And I didn’t even get a chance to collect any of the runs before this week.

My biggest sugar maples are kind of spread out, so I wind up parking the tractor as close as I can to each cluster of a few trees and walking the buckets to the tractor. I can’t drive my machine through much of my woods either (big rocks hidden everywhere under the snow).

I use a Mason 2x3 I have screwed to a pallet (that I store in the shed) to burn wood in my driveway. I get 10 gallons per hour with it. It’s a great unit and I thought it was a great price at the time.

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Here's a thread on my homemade arch progress (from another great forum) if you're curious: http://mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?32814-DIY-Barrel-Evaporator-Build-(Detailed)

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
Took advantage of the warm weather today 70+. Took down three of our 4 tree stands. Moved some attachments around and put a pallet in place to start getting new bee hives ready for bees. That is for tomorrow when it is raining all day.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
While installing new rear tires today....I decided also to set my wheels as outboard (wide) as the rims would allow. Previously they were at the narrowest setting and the tractor has always felt more than a little 'tippy' in off camber situations.

I was amazed to find that I gained an entire 12" of overall width which dramatically improves the 'seat of the pants' feel for stability.

Very little of the tires are still under the fender-wells now, so no doubt I'll be throwing some mud on myself at times.....but its worth it I believe for the added safety.

It also greatly increased the clearance between my 3 pt. turnbuckles and the tires.....which before was quite crowded with certain implements attached.

Before:

Bannon9.jpg

After:

Tires032323c.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Did the 200hr service on the little B yesterday. Have enjoyed every hour of usage for the past year and a half. (-: