What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
The dealer is sending a service tech/truck Friday am. I'm hoping it's just a fitting somewhere in the innards. I really didn't want to be wrenching on it myself after day 1. I lost quite a bit of hydraulic oil as it's no longer visible in the sight glass. Fingers crossed.
Hopefully they can get it fixed at no charge to you. Maybe some of the prep work the tech at dealer did was incorrect possibly. Based on your pictures its not like you use it in the woods or on super rocky terrain that would knock something off from underneath.

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
The used implement price WILL be better!
I Hope so, there is a guy near me selling his 90s or 80s ford tractor with some TSC implements, they look in really good shape, the backblade looks almost brand new, but hes asking way to much for a used implement, within 100 dollars of a new one. Hopefully that isnt a trend!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I Hope so, there is a guy near me selling his 90s or 80s ford tractor with some TSC implements, they look in really good shape, the backblade looks almost brand new, but hes asking way to much for a used implement, within 100 dollars of a new one. Hopefully that isnt a trend!
Depends on your available funds.
I would submit that TSC implements, either new or used, are at or near the lowest quality implements in the marketplace.

Most TSC implements are currently made by Tarter Gate, which is the lowest cost US implement builder.

If you want a QUALITY back blade, check out the Everything Attachments "6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade".
Yes: It will cost more, but it is worth every penny (I am not a you must buy everything from EA crazy sorta guy).
I have had three other blades, and the EA 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade is more easily adjustable, and by FAR the best!

Last edited:

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Depends on your available funds.
I would submit that TSC implements, either new or used, are at or near the lowest quality implements in the marketplace.

Most TSC implements are currently made by Tarter Gate, which is the lowest cost US implement builder.

If you want a QUALITY back blade, check out the Everything Attachments "6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade".
Yes: It will cost more, but it is worth every penny (I am not a you must buy everything from EA crazy sorta guy).
I have had three other blades, and the EA 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade is more easily adjustable, and by FAR the best!
I will have to check it out! I have heard that about tsc implements, hence why I would be willing to pay a few hundred for a used one, but not 700-800. I am currently using a backblade my neighbor used to use with an old 8n or 9n, it seems to work fine for snow removal and cutting in trails. The thing has been modified over probably the 80 years since it was made with all sorts of welds and plates.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I will have to check it out! I have heard that about tsc implements, hence why I would be willing to pay a few hundred for a used one, but not 700-800. I am currently using a backblade my neighbor used to use with an old 8n or 9n, it seems to work fine for snow removal and cutting in trails. The thing has been modified over probably the 80 years since it was made with all sorts of welds and plates.
Check out the Everything Attachments "6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade" on their website.
It ain't cheap.....but don't do as I did, and buy 3 new blades before I finally got the right one.

The EA 60" 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade is kinda pricy at $1382, but is shipped free (maybe a small fee to the UP), and without tax.
A blade is a once in a lifetime purchase......but can get kinda pricy if you buy 4 of them,.... like I did!

Any back blade will work, but the EA blade is SO much more user friendly, and SO adaptable for all sorts of uses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Check out the Everything Attachments "6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade" on their website.
It ain't cheap.....but don't do as I did, and buy 3 new blades before I finally got the right one.

The EA 60" 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade is kinda pricy at $1382, but is shipped free (maybe a small fee to the UP), and without tax.
A blade is a once in a lifetime purchase......but can get kinda pricy if you buy 4 of them,.... like I did!

Any back blade will work, but the EA blade is SO much more user friendly, and SO adaptable for all sorts of uses.
I'll have to keep them in mind, I have heard nothing but good things about them (except some long lead times) on here and other forums/media.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'll have to keep them in mind, I have heard nothing but good things about them (except some long lead times) on here and other forums/media.
I think their lead times have lessened significantly recently, as they apparently have moved into new manufacturing facilities.
I just can't say enough about that 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade,.... of course,...... I bought mine 5+ years ago, when as I recall, it was under $900.

Last edited:

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Post Oak blew over into the edge of the Fish Pond. Not quite sure how I'm going to go about cutting it up and removed, but confident it will involve the tractor is some way.

Post Oak down1.jpg

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Way too much of a task for a 25HP Kubota!

Hack2.jpg

Agreed.

It will need to come out in pieces for certain. I have a couple of 90 hp. tractors available to me. But you'd be surprised what the little Kubota (that could) will push and pull. It won't lift much of course.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
View attachment 95522

Agreed.

It will need to come out in pieces for certain. I have a couple of 90 hp. tractors available to me. But you'd be surprised what the little Kubota (that could) will push and pull. It won't lift much of course.
I do not think that I would attempt that project with my L48 TLB.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I do not think that I would attempt that project with my L48 TLB.
No, I wouldn't either. You understand I'm not trying to drag it out. It would take a bulldozer or big trackhoe to do that. I'll go out in the flat bottom boat with my pole saw, limb it out. Cut the root ball off and skid the trunk out. Or just call my neighbor and see if he would come over with his Log Skidder.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
<This is a recording>............snowblowed for the umpteenth time @ O-Dark-Thirty. - LOL
25cms/10" of fairly light but slightly drifted white stuff.
Starting to hail/freezing rain/ice pellet when I was finishing up. (feels great on the face/eyeballs in 30km/h-20mph winds!) <not>

Weird, as it was -6*C/21*F

Never took any pix this time. I'll insert a wishful pic. (of what I'd rather have been doing at 6am) (just for posterity)
20190929_122134.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
No, I wouldn't either. You understand I'm not trying to drag it out. It would take a bulldozer or big trackhoe to do that. I'll go out in the flat bottom boat with my pole saw, limb it out. Cut the root ball off and skid the trunk out. Or just call my neighbor and see if he would come over with his Log Skidder.
Log skidder (after limbing) does sounds like best idea!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Hopefully they can get it fixed at no charge to you. Maybe some of the prep work the tech at dealer did was incorrect possibly. Based on your pictures its not like you use it in the woods or on super rocky terrain that would knock something off from underneath.
Fixed! The problem was caused by a missing O-ring in a control valve fitting during assembly. Should be good to go now (crosses fingers). Big thank you to dealer for sending a tech/service truck pronto.

The leak was found under all the hydraulic hoses under the floor.

Oil leak 10.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Fixed! The problem was caused by a missing O-ring in a control valve fitting during assembly. Should be good to go now (crosses fingers). Big thank you to dealer for sending a tech/service truck pronto.

The leak was found under all the hydraulic hoses under the floor.

View attachment 95599
Nice! Glad they got it all fixed for you. I had no idea thats what was under the floor of an excavator, I knew there was a a good amount of hoses but didnt know there was that many.