What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Got to play with the new mini a bit today. Digging power is impressive so far and I think it has the capability of being a very nice "landscaping" excavator. I was able to scoop full 24" bucketful's in frozen ground without any struggle. The cab is a bit tight (to be expected in a sub-3 ton machine), the heater fan is quite loud even on its lowest setting (only hi or low) but the heat felt awfully good on a very cold day today.

U27-4R2-4.JPG

U27-4R2-5.JPG

Tracking is pretty slow and not real comfortable for long distance travel. This will be corrected when I install the pedal kit tomorrow. I did notice that there is some slop in the slew stop. It seems to bounce a bit more than I would have expected. I believe that Kubota added some slew "cushioning" but it feels a little excessive to me.

The tow home from the dealer was effortless. Ran it the tow up to 75 mph on I78 up some long grades. No issue. I don't tow at that speed but wanted to make sure that the placement on the trailer felt good with no wiggle.

U27-4R2-6.JPG

U27-4R2-3.JPG

I'll get some hours on the machine before I can really draw any conclusion. It goes to work on monday so I'll see how it does.

Anyone have a recommendation for a blue tooth stereo? I'm not sure I really want to pay for the Kubota option. There have to be some other options out there that use the same connectors.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Anyone have a recommendation for a blue tooth stereo? I'm not sure I really want to pay for the Kubota option. There have to be some other options out there that use the same connectors.
That's a cool mini excavator. I have the same Kenwood KMM-X704 head unit in both tractors. They're good units and I'd recommend them.

kmm-x704.jpg

m6060_kenwood.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks, I'll check them out. Connection plug used?
I cut, spliced, soldered and heat shrank the connector that came with the head units to the factory wiring. But I think there's an adapter available that plugs directly into the Kubota harness that you can wire to the head unit connector.

retiree-urgency abandoned

Equipment
B3350, Kub. 5" rotary cutter, LP 48" forks, Titan Aerial Platform, KK XB Dump
Dec 1, 2020
Bloomington, IN
Planned a full day of bushhogging a field today. Shear bolt by the gearbox snapped on my first pass, so spent all morning fixing it. Was just enough crust in the receptacle and shaft, that it took a while to get it back together. Multiple tries, a little abrasion, some wd40 & grease and I was back in the saddle by lunchtime. Hopefully will finish the field tomorrow. It's really going to be fun doing this repair in 10 years when I'm an octogenarian and cognitive decline has set in.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Planned a full day of bushhogging a field today. Shear bolt by the gearbox snapped on my first pass, so spent all morning fixing it. Was just enough crust in the receptacle and shaft, that it took a while to get it back together. Multiple tries, a little abrasion, some wd40 & grease and I was back in the saddle by lunchtime. Hopefully will finish the field tomorrow. It's really going to be fun doing this repair in 10 years when I'm an octogenarian and cognitive decline has set in.
Oh can i sympathize with your last sentence! Will be 70 in July and the arthritis in fingers and shoulder are already frustrating me. I notice it's all day where it used to take hours to do a task. Just don't have the grip or force i used to have for a wrench but still able to get things done. Cheaters on wrenches a lot more!
Wife is 8 years younger and I don't think understood for a while but now she is slowing some too.

Bill

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Oh can i sympathize with your last sentence! Will be 70 in July and the arthritis in fingers and shoulder are already frustrating me. I notice it's all day where it used to take hours to do a task. Just don't have the grip or force i used to have for a wrench but still able to get things done. Cheaters on wrenches a lot more!
Wife is 8 years younger and I don't think understood for a while but now she is slowing some too.

Bill
78 here - and I know what you're talking about! Just yesterday it took me three hours to do what should have been a 30 minute plumbing job. (Did I mention that I HATE plumbing jobs?)
Those wrenches seem to get harder to turn every day. I'm using cheater bars and impact tools more and more. I'm pretty sure what the future holds...and I'm not really looking forward to it.

Reactions: 2 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Got the radiator back in the B1700 and letting her purge while she gets warm. Took me longer to break free the upper and lower hoses off the engine than it did to pull the radiator. Will let her get hot, recheck clamps and call it a job.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Got to play with the new mini a bit today. Digging power is impressive so far and I think it has the capability of being a very nice "landscaping" excavator. I was able to scoop full 24" bucketful's in frozen ground without any struggle. The cab is a bit tight (to be expected in a sub-3 ton machine), the heater fan is quite loud even on its lowest setting (only hi or low) but the heat felt awfully good on a very cold day today.

View attachment 95214

View attachment 95216

Tracking is pretty slow and not real comfortable for long distance travel. This will be corrected when I install the pedal kit tomorrow. I did notice that there is some slop in the slew stop. It seems to bounce a bit more than I would have expected. I believe that Kubota added some slew "cushioning" but it feels a little excessive to me.

The tow home from the dealer was effortless. Ran it the tow up to 75 mph on I78 up some long grades. No issue. I don't tow at that speed but wanted to make sure that the placement on the trailer felt good with no wiggle.

View attachment 95217

View attachment 95218

I'll get some hours on the machine before I can really draw any conclusion. It goes to work on monday so I'll see how it does.

Here’s what I used. While I had the top off I replaced speakers.

2CDC17D2-A915-4F18-B52C-5CB880D5C0A3.png

14F5695C-A5F9-419A-9032-BCDA5CDE6757.png

AF61F24E-7BCC-4272-9E29-E57E8976847B.png

EAE1A7CD-18CC-4AB8-8BC1-B0F2700CE770.jpeg

737EEAED-4F1C-43A6-B349-293AB3F8A473.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Here’s what I used. While I had the top off I replaced speakers.

View attachment 95291
I haven't seen the factory speakers but I'm betting they're not very good. Those Kickers are an affordable and worthwhile upgrade I bet. I'm going to line the cabs (roofs) with insulation this year too. I'm not looking forward to it but maybe it's not as hard as it seems it might be. I'll look into replacing the speakers at the same time too.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Restocked the firewood on the front porch this morning with the little girl and loader while the ground is still froze…she wasn’t too happy when I turned the key (only 12 degrees this morning but at about 38 now)…then we put the buckets and spiles and drill/hatchet in the bucket and tapped some trees…looks like we have more than a week of decent weather in the forcast ahead…a couple taps started dripping before I could put the spile in. 🥃
Restocked the firewood on the front porch this morning with the little girl and loader while the ground is still froze…she wasn’t too happy when I turned the key (only 12 degrees this morning but at about 38 now)…then we put the buckets and spiles and drill/hatchet in the bucket and tapped some trees…looks like we have more than a week of decent weather in the forcast ahead…a couple taps started dripping before I could put the spile in. 🥃
Update: Sap is starting to flow…

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
"mcmxi, post: 611448, member: 45692"]
I haven't seen the factory speakers but I'm betting they're not very good. Those Kickers are an affordable and worthwhile upgrade I bet. I'm going to line the cabs (roofs) with insulation this year too. I'm not looking forward to it but maybe it's not as hard as it seems it might be. I'll look into replacing the speakers at the same time too.
[/QUOTE]

Here’s what I used to insulate roof. I made a cardboard template and made witness marks on the roof and insulation - makes it much easier to place. I also double sprayed the adhesive on the roof (crisscross). Roll in with a rubber J roller or just smooth with your hands.

C71454A8-2734-4E5A-96CB-462C33A78822.jpeg

879CEE70-EA81-41DB-864F-453BA14EAEEE.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Got the radiator back in the B1700 and letting her purge while she gets warm. Took me longer to break free the upper and lower hoses off the engine than it did to pull the radiator. Will let her get hot, recheck clamps and call it a job.
I have never seen that kind of funnel adapter before. Now I want one!!

Reactions: 1 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
awesome, how do those kickers sound?
Very good! Only downside is removing the roof to do it. Well actually, removing the roof is easy. Putting it back on and lining up the bolts was a PITA.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I replaced a set of 1/4" Ag style hydraulic connectors on my B7100's snowblower . First time ordering from Summit Hydraulics and was impressed with the price, perceived quality , ease of using their web site, shipping and tracking info.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have never seen that kind of funnel adapter before. Now I want one!!
I have seen them, and they are not that expensive. I know that the commercial versions of that tool can get pricey. Check on Amazon they are about $21, but I have no idea of the quality. The ones sold on the tool trucks can leave you scratching your head why they cost as much as they do. It is like comparing a Harbor Freight wrench to a Snap-On wrench.

Reactions: 1 user