What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
Between Friday and Saturday I did a complete service on our B2650. I changed all the oils and filters.
I added a second rear function and a third function for the front.
The hardest part was getting the loaded tire back on by myself. I parked the tractor too close to my toolbox. When I moved something in front of my toolbox the pallet jack moved and dump the tire over.
I had a hard time getting it back up on my own.
Finished all the work on the tractor and moved on to the snow blower.
I modified a cylinder to operate the top of the shoot. Tomorrow after church I will go put the cylinder back together and get it hosed up.
IMG_20221126_114448679.jpg
IMG_20221126_114605303_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221126_114506588.jpg
IMG_20221126_152814763.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Moved some hay around that my wife had sitting in our garage......had the forks on so might as well. Then while I had some extra eyes here at the house for the holiday, my buddy and I moved the Winnebago TT from the side of the house into the new Morton Building, I move it around with the ball/receiver on my pallet fork rack. Works well for the TT and the Horse Trailer. Then we proved I can get the TT, the Ram and the Kubota in the new building which made me feel good.

Once I was done with the FEL for a while I swapped things over to the snowblower for the season, my Thanksgiving weekend tradition. I also put the box blade up by the Morton along with the cart and the back blade is there for easy winter access (can't get the tractor into the building easily with the back blade).

IMG_3966.jpeg
IMG_3967.jpeg
IMG_3983.jpeg
IMG_3985.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Between Friday and Saturday I did a complete service on our B2650. I changed all the oils and filters.
The hardest part was getting the loaded tire back on by myself. I parked the tractor too close to my toolbox. When I moved something in front of my toolbox the pallet jack moved and dump the tire over.
I modified a cylinder to operate the top of the shoot. Tomorrow after church I will go put the cylinder back together and get it hosed up. View attachment 91269 View attachment 91270 View attachment 91271 View attachment 91272
Damn, wish I was half as mechanically inclined as so many members here seem to be !

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Damn, wish I was half as mechanically inclined as so many members here seem to be !
You can be, but it is just going to take time and patience to get there. Do it now while you are young enough because when you get old, you lose the desire and patience it takes to be inclined to start a project. Twenty years ago I would tackle almost any project, now, not that inclined to start. Old age has a way of telling you what you once were able to do, but are no longer able to do.

Reactions: 2 users

Bullseye68

Equipment
B6100E, B6100D, John Deere 316 Skid Steer, Yanmar 4wd
Nov 26, 2022
Indiana
Hey everyone! Just finishing up a complete tear down restore on the newest to me machine in my tool box, b6100D 4wd.
Installed new hoses on a new radiator, and touching up some bolts that didn’t get painted with everything else.
I have owned a 6100E for a few years now and it’s next in line for a restoration.

Attachments

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
You can be, but it is just going to take time and patience to get there. Do it now while you are young enough because when you get old, you lose the desire and patience it takes to be inclined to start a project. Twenty years ago I would tackle almost any project, now, not that inclined to start. Old age has a way of telling you what you once were able to do, but are no longer able to do.
Dusty
LMAO. Too late. Already retired ! Always worked long hours and or two jobs. Handy enough to do the basics but never had time to really get good at it.
Thinking about taking a welding class at local community college just to play.
If you look in my basement you tell which pipes I sweated and which one a plumber did. Neither leak but man is one set really ugly.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
DustyRusty said:
Dusty
LMAO. Too late. Already retired ! Always worked long hours and or two jobs. Handy enough to do the basics but never had time to really get good at it.
If you look in my basement you tell which pipes I sweated and which one a plumber did. Neither leak but man is one set really ugly.
. . .

Well my philosophy is, it's not how long you live but rather how long can you do the things you want to do. Life is an adventure. Never stop learning!

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Hey everyone! Just finishing up a complete tear down restore on the newest to me machine in my tool box, b6100D 4wd.
Installed new hoses on a new radiator, and touching up some bolts that didn’t get painted with everything else.
I have owned a 6100E for a few years now and it’s next in line for a restoration.
Mighty fine work!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I used it to load a BX2672 snow plow blade into the new owner's truck, and yesterday I used it to load a BX5455 Snowblower into the new owner's trailer. It is a good week because I have been divesting myself of excess Kubota items.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Dusty
Hire a better plumber.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Today was more of using the B2601 as the expensive wheelbarrow it is.....lol.

More trips from the garage up the driveway to the Morton with "stuff". Built up two shelving units. Since the Kubota will live in the Morton I moved all the fuel, oil, maintenance items etc. up there, moved camping gear up there since the Winnebago is in there as well. Some seasonal items like the deck chairs etc.

So damn useful.

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
I modified a cylinder to operate the top of the shoot. Tomorrow after church I will go put the cylinder back together and get it hosed up. View attachment 91269 View attachment 91270 View attachment 91271 View attachment 91272
I put the cylinder back together today and put the hydraulic hoses on.
Now I just need to bring it back to the house.
I will probably put the chipper back on until snow is forecast for the near future.
Looks like no snow for at least the next week.
IMG_20221127_151953043.jpg
IMG_20221127_152017088.jpg

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Also had this brand new safe with electronic lock that simply didn’t work. To the manufacturer’s credit, they quickly sent a new circuit board. That didn’t work, so they sent a new everything electronic except the relay that actuates the lock. Got that working today and moved it to the house where it will reside.
No to poo poo your new safe but this is the exact reason my locksmith friend told me to never buy an electronic safe.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Not retired, but I did this and I will tell you it is well worth the time. I now weld things that don't even need to be welded.

• Haha

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Today I was back to sawmilling after taking a Thanksgiving break. The cut list for today was Post Oak 2X7's for replacement trailer decking.
IMG_3295.JPG

The M5660 was bringing logs and.....
IMG_3295 2.JPG

the L4600 was hauling slabs away. It was a very productive day.

Reactions: 5 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
No to poo poo your new safe but this is the exact reason my locksmith friend told me to never buy an electronic safe.
I very much agree. It’s a step above a gun cabinet IMHO, but I much prefer the combination lock on the larger safe at my house. If that little one with the electronic lock lasts long enough, I sort of assume the keypad will eventually be permanently removed and the bypass key will be the only way to use it. That one was on sale for about $50 more than similar size uninsulated key lock gun cabinets and I needed something to store a few of my father’s long guns, none of which have much value beyond their utility aside from sentimental value. The ammo currently in it is probably worth more than the guns. It provides protection from little hands that shouldn’t be playing with firearms and is a reasonable deterrent to smash and grab druggy type thieves. For high value items, would not recommend.

kenmac

Equipment
B26 with hyd. thumb and 4 in 1 loader bucket and EA Grapple, but not the wicked
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
I was burning brush in two nearby locations. All was well until I pushed one pile up and tried to back away. The tractor shut off and wouldn't restart. Luckily I had a truck nearby and pulled the tractor out of the heat. The left front tire was ablaze, but seems ok. However, I have yet to determine why the 5 amp fuse blew and shut engine off. I posted a thread in Service area.
To finish this story : After thinking I had fixed the issue earlier, it reappeared Saturday. Today I was able to confirm that the HST neutral switch was the issue all along (I hope). I replaced the switch and put about an hour on the tractor without issue.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Snow removal this morning since I had close to 6" at the house overnight. I keep saying it but I really like this tractor, blower and blade for this type of work. Easy, fun, and it does a great job. Of course the resident QC pups have to check my work! :D

I use the snow blade on the gravel driveway, and the blower on the asphalt. I started the tractor to warm it up this morning (around 1,400 rpm) and went back inside to make another cup of coffee. When I came back out I noticed that the tractor wanted to do a regen. Perfect timing! Lower rpm to idle, engage the PTO, set rpm to 540 PTO range and off we go!

mx6000_snow_1.jpg

mx6000_snow_2a.jpg

mx6000_snow_3.jpg

mx6000_snow_4.jpg

mx6000_snow_5.jpg

mx6000_snow_7.jpg

mx6000_snow_8.jpg

mx6000_snow_6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Snow removal this morning since I had close to 6" at the house overnight. I keep saying it but I really like this tractor, blower and blade for this type of work. Easy, fun, and it does a great job. Of course the resident QC pups have to check my work! :D

I use the snow blade on the gravel driveway, and the blower on the asphalt. I started the tractor to warm it up this morning (around 1,400 rpm) and went back inside to make another cup of coffee. When I came back out I noticed that the tractor wanted to do a regen. Perfect timing! Lower rpm to idle, engage the PTO, set rpm to 540 PTO range and off we go!

View attachment 91409

View attachment 91410

View attachment 91411

View attachment 91412

View attachment 91413

View attachment 91417

View attachment 91418

View attachment 91414
You didn't do a very good job! I still see some white on the driveway. Those pups might have 4 legs, but they don't have 4 paw drive. They need a good grip to keep going. Get out the broom and start sweeping that white stuff away! LOL :LOL: Great looking pups and a nice tractor also...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I use the snow blade on the gravel driveway,
Now do you "hover" the blade over the gravel a couple of inches? I'm just imaging you pushing the rock into a big pile at the end of the driveway.