What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Power washed the B1700, checked and topped off fluids where needed, lubed and parked in the back for winter. I either need to develop welding skills or find a welder to strengthen up the deck

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Tenalach Farms

Equipment
Kubota L3010
Oct 27, 2022
Michigan
Consider welding some plate on the back of that grapple to provide your tractor some more protection from wood stabs pushing through. The front pieces on the tractor are not cheap, lesson learned. And when I was using grapple on the CTL, the wood stabs felt like they were trying to pierce me in the cab.
View attachment 89672

Here is mine now with welded plate.
View attachment 89671
Saw an example where someone had welded expanded metal inside their grapple, making it effective for picking up smaller debris, still allowing dirt or water to pass through and preventing the vast majority of rear penetrations. I believe it was daveknowshow on YouTube.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenalach Farms

Equipment
Kubota L3010
Oct 27, 2022
Michigan
Took the lid off the new to me L3010 and found the line from the coolant overflow was disconnected. Cleaned who knows how many years of crud from between the bucket and the pins. Cleaned more junk from behind the dash as I tried to figure out why the throttle would not move. The linkage was good at the bottom, but between the lever and that pivot that pushes into the engine, it was just stuck. Applied more force than I wanted to and the lever moved. Lubricated the daylights out of it. Hoping it will loosen up and move in a more reasonable manner. Found the headlights were disconnected and have been for who knows how long. Long enough I could not readily push the connectors back together. Ned to get coolant into the radiator before I run it again!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Very interesting DD. I am an old man, and yes I miss many dogs. And I presently have two elderly dogs. I no longer tell them quiet when they are excited and bark for supper or their twice daily walks through our property. I so wish I could hear some of my past dogs once again. ……
It is so horrible to think about.

It is so horrible to think about.
Our Lab boy (pure white) died just 5 days short of his 11th B-Day.
Wife did not want another one (I did), because she did not want to go through the horrible loss again.
(She is 76, I am 81)
I finally prevailed, and our Sadie is now three.
We are two old fogies, and we absolutely love our sweet Sadie (avatar) every minute of every day!
Just in-case one of us Dog-Lovers missed it, here is Ben Hur Lampmans poem about “Where to Bury a Dog”

==================

There are various places within which a dog may be buried. We are thinking now of a setter, whose coat was flame in the sunshine, and who, so far as we are aware, never entertained a mean or an unworthy thought. This setter is buried beneath a cherry tree, under four feet of garden loam, and at its proper season the cherry strews petals on the green lawn of his grave. Beneath a cherry tree, or an apple, or any flowering shrub of the garden, is an excellent place to bury a good dog. Beneath such trees, such shrubs, he slept in the drowsy summer, or gnawed at a flavorous bone, or lifted head to challenge some strange intruder. These are good places, in life or in death. Yet it is a small matter, and it touches sentiment more than anything else.

For if the dog be well remembered, if sometimes he leaps through your dreams actual as in life, eyes kindling, questing, asking, laughing, begging, it matters not at all where that dog sleeps at long and at last. On a hill where the wind is unrebuked and the trees are roaring, or beside a stream he knew in puppyhood, or somewhere in the flatness of a pasture land, where most exhilarating cattle graze. It is all one to the dog, and all one to you, and nothing is gained, and nothing lost -- if memory lives. But there is one best place to bury a dog. One place that is best of all.

If you bury him in this spot, the secret of which you must already have, he will come to you when you call -- come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well-remembered path, and to your side again. And though you call a dozen living dogs to heel they should not growl at him, nor resent his coming, for he is yours and he belongs there.

People may scoff at you, who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no whimper pitched too fine for mere audition, people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them then, for you shall know something that is hidden from them, and which is well worth the knowing.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master.

by Ben Hur Lampman

Reactions: 3 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Had my wife picking up & stacking my cut trees this weekend. She kept me hopping (trying to stay out of her way). Used 6 qts of stump juice to prevent regrowth.
998FB740-BE66-4249-9726-63DD203A062F.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
More firewood cutting, hauling and splitting this weekend. I'm done with the five trees that came down in windstorms over the past couple of years. I'm not sure what I'll do with the five root balls that are out of the ground. Maybe drag them to one pile and hope that some critters decide to move in.

The 10'x5' aluminum trailer was full of maple that I split earlier in the year so I used the M to haul that up to the house and unload the wood onto pallets. Seemed like the perfect time to fill the trailer up with household trash, old tires, car batteries and engine oil in preparation for a trip to the local landfill.

m6060_pj_dump_small_4.jpg

m6060_pj_dump_small_5.jpg

m6060_pj_dump_small_6.jpg

m6060_pj_dump_small_7.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Had my wife picking up & stacking my cut trees this weekend. She kept me hopping (trying to stay out of her way). Used 6 qts of stump juice to prevent regrowth. View attachment 89716
Nice work, but 6 quarts? Get ready to use (RTU) tordon at your local farm store and just spray the outer couple of inches on large trees. The purple color will tell you where you have coverage, and spray them immediately after cutting off.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
A lot of work there.

Very nice equipment!
Thanks! It's hard work as anyone who cuts and splits their own firewood knows, but it'd be a lot harder without the equipment I have.

Reactions: 2 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
(Nice work, but 6 quarts? Get ready to use (RTU) tordon at your local farm store and just spray the outer couple of inches on large trees. The purple color will tell you where you have coverage, and spray them immediately after cutting off.)

I use diesel fuel & Remedy mixed 3 to 1 with some blue dye for an indicator. Much cheaper then Tordon RTU & very effective. I put a lot of trees down this weekend & only treat the cambium layer. I have a 60 acre pasture that is overgrown with Hedge, Locust, & Cedar trees. However, it is looking a lot better. A couple more weeks & the cows will be happier.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
We may not have KR Blue Stem. I didn't see it growing in clumps like KR does where it was the only grass present.
This is Blue Stem. It grows like a well planted hay except cows won't eat it. It was developed by the King Ranch, but turned out to be a bust since cows have to be starving before the'll eat it. There is also some thing called Little Blue Stem. Looks almost the same except it doesn't grow as tall, and when it goes to seed the seed looks purple in color.
Blue Stem has spread everywhere. At my other place in Pasadena it's in every vacant lot around, and that's 305 miles from my place in Utopia.
Blue Stem_2480.jpg

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I put several hours on both tractors over the weekend. Split a few trailer loads of wood which need moving to the shed (with the little tractor). The driveway was chock full of pine needles and sticks, so I put the straw rake on the little tractor and drug that around for an hour or so. After that some random piles of pine needles and sticks seemed to materialize out of thin air, so I used the big tractor to move those.
Over the course of the weekend, while I wasn't moving other stuff around, I was taking down the piles of black dirt and spreading it into the yard that has been sand for about 11 years. It'll be nice to have a back yard at some point.

Reactions: 2 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
This contrary to what I’ve e been told about the Blue Stem we have here. One of the Blue Stems is listed as a native species in Texas. It is also great for cows.

https://www.farmprogress.com/forage/big-bluestem-low-cost-forage-option
There are old world (non native) bluestem that have low forage value.. KR Bluestem is one of them.

There are native Bluestem with high forage value. Little Bluestem is one of them. Some native Bluestem has low forage value like bushy Bluestem.

Forage value is usually for cattle consumption but sometimes is referred to wildlife.