What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Spent about an hour yesterday after work moving firewood logs. I do work now and then for the guy I use to run a log skidder for and sometimes he pays me with a load of cull logs. I moved about half of the load.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Hydraulic top link showed up. I opted for the 20"-32" link vs. the 18"-26" link to accommodate the Pats QH I have installed. I took the hoses to a local shop and had them crimp on 1/4" npt fittings to the 3/8" hose that comes with the top link to allow the use of my factory 1/4" pioneer couplers. I need to grind the end of the eyelet closest to the tractor 3/16" at my buddy's shop on the Kalamazoo belt grinder they have and then it's ready to install. I left the hoses longer because I forgot to test fit the link before crimping... (Doh!) Worst case, I'll zip tie them out of the way if they interfere with any moving parts.

Also shout out to @Daferris and @D2Cat for the advice.
PXL_20220803_182444274.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Hydraulic top link showed up. I opted for the 20"-32" link vs. the 18"-26" link to accommodate the Pats QH I have installed.
With the top link, I'd venture to say the collapsed length is almost more important than extended length. If you can't shorten the link enough, you will have a difficult time cutting with the box blade and rake.

Last edited:

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
With the top link, I'd almost venture to say the collapsed length is almost more important than extended length. If you can't shorten the link enough, you will have a difficult time cutting with the box blade and rake.
That's a good point, I think I'll be ok since the Pats adds about 3"-4" of length to the lower bars and my current top link on the LX with the BB rear blades completely level is at a full 26" (almost fully extended). I should have 6" of capacity to tilt inward and 5" to tilt outward with the new hydro link.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Used the Kalamazoo belt sander to quickly take material off. Took about 3/16" of material off to get the link to fit.

Before:
PXL_20220803_231124948.jpg

After:
PXL_20220803_231120233.jpg
PXL_20220803_231134929.jpg
PXL_20220803_232245458.jpg

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Used the Kalamazoo belt sander to quickly take material off. Took about 3/16" of material off to get the link to fit.

Before:
View attachment 84730

After:
View attachment 84731 View attachment 84732 View attachment 84733
Well damn... I have to grind the sleeve down too I guess, the sleeve is also too wide for the LX2610 top link bracket... Kubota really dropped the ball on this one. I should have checked the bracket width so I could have taken material off of both sides uniformly with the belt sander. I guess I'll have to use an angle grinder and a file at home tomorrow.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
As a final follow up to last weekend's flail mower ordeal here's an aerial view of my work taken yesterday afternoon :giggle:. My friend is a pilot for a very wealthy individual up here. He's also part owner of a very nice and very expensive Top Cub plane as well as being an active flight instructor. He sent me this photo last night of his property to tell me how pleased he is and that it looks great.

The lighter colored areas bordered by driveways on three sides and the river on one side are what I cut. Last year I also cut the 1+ acre along the river to the south of the houses shown at bottom center (kind of looking south in this photo). That lot was recently sold.

I would love to own this field or one like it. I would turn it into a hay field. My friend has river water rights so irrigation isn't an issue. We're trying to decide what to do with it to keep weeds down, and provide a good source of food for his bees. If it involves pulling a plow and disc harrow around I'm all in.

91695.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
As a final follow up to last weekend's flail mower ordeal here's an aerial view of my work taken yesterday afternoon :giggle:. My friend is a pilot for a very wealthy individual up here. He's also part owner of a very nice and very expensive Top Cub plane as well as being an active flight instructor. He sent me this photo last night of his property to tell me how pleased he is and that it looks great.

The lighter colored areas bordered by driveways on three sides and the river on one side are what I cut. Last year I also cut the 1+ acre along the river to the south of the houses shown at bottom center (kind of looking south in this photo). That lot was recently sold.

I would love to own this field or one like it. I would turn it into a hay field. My friend has river water rights so irrigation isn't an issue. We're trying to decide what to do with it to keep weeds down, and provide a good source of food for his bees. If it involves pulling a plow and disc harrow around I'm all in.

View attachment 84754
Awesome property! I'd plant some clover, mint, or milkweed. All of those are great for bees and clover doesn't really need mowing. Milkweed is also great for Monarch butterflies.

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Awesome property! I'd plant some clover, mint, or milkweed. All of those are great for bees and clover doesn't really need mowing. Milkweed is also great for Monarch butterflies.
Thanks. I'll Google those options.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Damn thing is finally on, finished grinding the sleeve during lunch break and set it up. Didn't fully tighten one of the banjo bolts and got a surprise UDT bath.

Few more things I need to do before it's done. I need to reinstall the 3pt lift arm on the left side but the stub shaft that the c clip goes into keeps moving inward as I slide the arm back on so I'll have to mess with it a little more. I might grease the stub shaft to see if I can keep it from pushing inward as I slide the arm on.

Anyway, this thing is stout and awesome. Took 2 seconds to hook up my top link to the BB.

PXL_20220804_175744063.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I will add more stakes then to be safe. I actually used leftover scraps of composite deck boards to make my stakes. Wasn’t sure how they would hold up to being beaten with a BFH but they held up great.

Here’s the latest progress on the deck and the Kubota digging the post holes with the Land Pride PD10. View attachment 84679 View attachment 84680
Just noticed you're in Indiana. Better put some traction pads on that stuff anywhere you're stepping close to the edge. Composite decking is slicker than greased monkey snot with frost on it. I used it on my front stoop and wound up going down 9 steps on my keester right after I tore my right rotator cuff. It looks great, and will last a long time, but take a few extra measures to insure traction on it. You'll thank me the first time you step out on it with frost on it.

retiree-urgency abandoned

Equipment
B3350, Kub. 5" rotary cutter, LP 48" forks, Titan Aerial Platform, KK XB Dump
Dec 1, 2020
Bloomington, IN
I will add more stakes then to be safe. I actually used leftover scraps of composite deck boards to make my stakes. Wasn’t sure how they would hold up to being beaten with a BFH but they held up great.

Here’s the latest progress on the deck and the Kubota digging the post holes with the Land Pride PD10. View attachment 84679 View attachment 84680
Hi - I had to have about 7 stairs replaced - they were curved-front. Original guy I hired had some steel forms for them, but after looking at his layout, even to my untrained eyes there was no way they'd take the pressure, weight and keep the proper shape, so paid him for his time and hired another contractor. For each step, he built a square frame (I think 2 x 6's) and staked the heck out of it. Then, inside the frame, he placed the curve, supported with a generous number of 2 x 6 struts connecting the curve piece to the frame. That may be overkill for a one-step landing, but it looks like a good-sized pour.

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY

View attachment 84754
Personally, I'd do sunflowers. There's a place near us that plants quite a few acres and has it set up as a business so people can wander in the fields,take pictures, has food vendors,etc. They let people cut the heads and charge $1 each flower. They have multiple different colored varieties( place is called Sunflowers of Sanborn)....

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Finally got around to putting the R14T's on I got a few weeks ago. Quick drive around yard and to make sure they cleared deck with the 2" spacers. All good. I set the pressure to 24 psi for front and rear so it's easier for me to remember. Fronts have a max of 30 psi and rears have a 34 psi max.