What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I was impressed that 99% of it split (tore) apart completely. The remaining 1% I used my axe to finish splitting it. I will say for the 1 tree, I did get a 7 cu ft dump cart full of chips and shreds which should be nice tinder when dried. It was wrapped up in poison oak when it fell., but the deer ate almost every leave from it in 2 days. Apparently, poison oak/ivy leaves are nutritious for deer.

Dan
I've been cutting poison ivy for the last 17 years on this property. Some of the vines are at least 6" in diameter and run to the top of 80-foot-tall trees. Fortunately for me, I'm not allergic to the stuff. I just cut a chunk out of the vine with a machete and wait for it to fall out of the tree.

Deer are not much different from goats. Very hard to poison a deer. They don't seem to be much interested in all the PI undergrowth in my yard. But why would they be with all the tasty grass to eat in the neighborhood and the pasture across the street with salt licks and a giant lake?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Stopped by dealer today and picked up the full set of R14T tires that came in. Traded my R4 tires toward them, paid just over $213 for the set. Too hot to put them on, probably on my next day off...
Think you're gonna like the R14T's. They're VERY bitey and don't seem to fill up with mud too much. Not hard on the yard unless you forget you're in 4WD or steer too sharply.

Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I've been cutting poison ivy for the last 17 years on this property. Some of the vines are at least 6" in diameter and run to the top of 80-foot-tall trees. Fortunately for me, I'm not allergic to the stuff. I just cut a chunk out of the vine with a machete and wait for it to fall out of the tree.
Prior to moving in this house, I'd never had more than a few blisters from PI. Apparently, the builder had cut the vines growing up in the trees in the back yard and it was dripping resin. Both I and my (ex)wife ended up getting steroid shots.

If you want to keep it from coming back, put a little triclopyr (I recommend Crossbow, promise I don't own stock) on the cut ends ASAP.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Prior to moving in this house, I'd never had more than a few blisters from PI. Apparently, the builder had cut the vines growing up in the trees in the back yard and it was dripping resin. Both I and my (ex)wife ended up getting steroid shots.

If you want to keep it from coming back, put a little triclopyr (I recommend Crossbow, promise I don't own stock) on the cut ends ASAP.
It's so widespread in my yard, it would take a LOT of that stuff to spray the entire property. Most of the ground cover in the back 3rd of the lot is PI, about waist deep. Mix of that and briars and blackberry vines. Certain times of year, it's impossible to move back there. I have a Swisher 24" brush mower, but it's like wrestling a bear to use it. It's pretty brutal, and probably 4X my weight. But, it'll chew up anything I can push over with it. I've learned that simply cutting PI enough will kill it off. It has to reproduce from seed as much as it does from the roots. I wait for it to bud back out at the stumps, then wrap some 3/8 nylon rope on it, and give it a good tug to pull up the stumps by the roots. The middle 3rd of my yard is relatively free of PI now, and all I've used is blunt force and persistence. I'm slowly clearing away the undergrowth and thinning out the less healthy trees to get more light to the ground and replanting with indigenous flowering plants and shrubs for a low maintenance 'wooded' lot that happens to be pretty in the spring. Correcting and controlling the erosion from 50 years of negligence is the hard part, and the primary reason I bought the LX. It's something to do in my retirement.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
IMG_2737.JPG

Today's customer handling Cypress lumber with his M5400.

EDIT: It is an M5700.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
You have your ways, and I have several of my own to deal with jackets. I'm no tree hugger or bunny kisser, but I do try to do what I can to avoid significant impact on the environment. I assure you, there are a LOT of things far worse in my soil already than that little teacup full of gasoline that I might use if I don't have a can of that wonderful biodegradable and pet-safe non-toxic (to humans) RAID). I prefer the RAID, because I can shoot 'em on the fly with that and get wasp nests with it I'd otherwise have to get a ladder to reach (very obvious risks doing that).

I'm pretty sure my home was built on a retired land-fill which used to be an open pit strip mine dating back before the Civil War, though the house was just built in 1975. There are a lot of things are buried here, and they wash to the surface after every rain. We've probably picked up at least a ton of glass shards since 2004. I've found old oil cans, boot heels, bicycle pedals, BB guns, toy cars, plastic limbs of dolls, etc, etc. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I found a piece of the medieval treasure from Oak Island. I'd certainly let Rick and Marty know if I did. I'm relatively certain the Knights Templar used my yard for a dumping ground, albeit I've yet to find anything of value. My yard is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you'll find. On top of all that, it's also at the lowest elevation of about 30 acres (fortunately hilly) meaning all the run-off from 3 streets (oil/fuel leakage from cars) and approximately 20 houses on that 30 acres (fertilizer, insecticides, etc, etc) come across my yard. When the ditches slow to a trickle, there is ALWAYS an oil slick on the water standing in them, some of which will be leaching from the layer of coal that isn't very deep here. In those same ditches, there are crayfish the size of small lobsters while it's still wet, night crawler earthworms that look like small snakes when it sort of dries out, and cicadas the size of footballs. Moving out from those ditches, I have huckleberry bushes nearly 30 feet tall, dogwoods about the same, pines that are nearly 3 feet in diameter as well as a few oaks that big, poison ivy vines that are 6 inches in diameter, rattle snakes, foxes, chipmunks, squirrels, red-tail and broad-tail hawks, you name it. Even deer walking through my little suburban lot, and I caught and relocated a racoon from my back deck . Somehow, I don't think I've hurt the environment very much at all.
With all that chemical stuff on your ground it’s surprising they live there at all.. Maybe they’re IMMUNE to chemicals. 🤪

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
Scooped a bucket of sand from down by the creek to fill some holes in the yard and then the wife wanted to learn how to use the grapple so I had her pull up a few dead shrubs from in front of the house that we need to replace. on a side note, I may never get to use the tractor/grapple again she had so much fun and pulled up 4 or 5 shrubs quickly.

CCKX4606[1].JPG IMG_6154[1].JPG

Reactions: 8 users

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Neighbor helped me out and welded on some hooks on the bucket. I gave welding a try, a good way of summarizing it is that I have a lot of room for improvement :p. Also helped me out welding up the draw bar and steel for the inside frame of a ballast barrel, just need to paint and fill with concrete now! For the hooks, TC didnt have any rattle can kubota orange, but they did have allis chalmers orange in stock, it looks to be an exact match, at least to my eyes. Did a couple coats of primer before putting the color on it, its a bucket though, so I gotta accept its gonna get scratched up. Gonna help him out leveling an area with the box blade tomorrow.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I drove the M6060 about 3 miles yesterday from my house to the dealer to have the wheel weights (two per side) installed. I had a friend drop me off at the dealership this evening on the way home from dinner. I asked the service manager to put the key in the loader torque tube since I would be picking it up long after they closed. I haven't paid for the weights yet, or the installation.

Here are a couple of photos from the drive back home this evening around 8pm. The M drives so well and is markedly smoother than the MX on this section of paved and gravel road. I got up to around 19mph which is about top speed for this beast.

The wheel weights look good and add 650lb or so to the back end, which in combination with the liquid ballast should work well.

Smith Lake Rd 1.jpg

Smith Lake Rd 2.jpg

M6060 wheel weights.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Went out to the farm and learned a few lessons today.

The law of gravity is still in effect.

Don't put off until tomorrow what can be done today.

Always have clean underwear with you.

My typical mowing is usually uneventful. I was 20 minutes from finishing, listening to 'We built this city on rock and roll'. As I was enjoying the music, probably a little to much and letting my mind wander, I was quickly brought back to reality when my tractor started to rollover to the left.

Immediately the old pucker factor kicked in and with zero thought I just turned into the roll and down the hill we went. A little rough landing at the bottom, but was on all four tires and the tractor didn't go completely over.

Turned off the tractor, removed the seat cushion from between my butt cheeks and got out to inspect everything.

The area I was mowing is on 15-20 degree slope, but we mow it all the time and we mow it up to the edge of about a four foot drop down to the next level which we have a path to go down and mow that lower section. We have worked on making the drop off less and turn it into more of a slope, but until we remove some more brush and old stumps (now there is less brush to remove), can't finish smoothing the transition down, so we are stuck mowing along the edge.

Since I had become so focused on enjoying the tunes, I had forget about halfway along the edge we had removed a tree stump, which left a nice little hole and of course it was all overgrown, so while I was doing my drum routine with the music, my front left tire found the hole and decided that the tractor needed to go that away. I have mowed around that hole for few years now, always planned on fixing it, just never a priority.

I checked the tractor over, operated everything, looked for any damage, but besides the skid marks on hillside and my underwear, I could find no damage to anything, all lines looked good, steps okay, nothing looked out of whack, which I was very thankful.

I finished mowing and then before putting the tractor up I placed a few loads of dirt in the hole and worked on smoothing it out.

I have mowed that spot dozens of times and always had to remember to take the jog around the hole. Today, it just about cost me for not taking the time to fix the hole.

So the moral of the story is to always fill your holes otherwise you may end up filling your drawers.

• Wow
Reactions: 14 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Moved about 1000lbs of bricks (what I call concrete "pavers" used to build retaining walls) from one spot to another spot 250' away.
3 loads of aprox 330lbs/load with my little BX. Could definitely feel the weight for sure.

Then I used the (empty) bucket to help pound in some 6' rebar "posts" into the ground for a future garden fence. Ended up using a small 2lb maul(sp?) and also a 10lb sledgehammer (way easier than the bucket.) My ground is super-duper rocky so small/short sharp blows (hammering) is easier than trying to "push a floppy" bar into the ground with a tractor bucket on slightly uneven ground.

Couldn't get the 1 picture off my phone onto my computer. Sigh....oh well !

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Been a long time since I've posted on this one.
Finally got around to doing some repair and other work.

Replaced the oil pressure and volt meter that haven't been working for quite some time water temp has been working just fine.
20220723_150817_copy_1152x864.jpg

Replace the glow plug light and tachometer now I have only 209 hours on my machine 😁
20220723_153133_copy_1056x792.jpg

Added an inverter, albeit a cheap Harbor Freight one, but I've had good luck with these in the past, actually this is an old one that's been well used and still working great.
20220723_150508.jpg

20220723_150420_copy_1152x864.jpg

20220723_150444_copy_1152x864.jpg

20220723_150413_copy_864x1152.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
My kids ( actually my daughter, the son stood there watching, the lazy bum) cleared out the area in the barn where I planned to put shelves, so today I put the shelving up and went to see if I could get pallets up and on them. Thats a big I don't think so Tim. I just do not have enough room to swing in with the stalls behind me. I also found the 6' finish mower exceeds 6' and doesn't fit the shelf. I guess the next step is to clear out the back of the barn, level the dirt and put a pad in the back that I can reach with the tractor and put the shelves there instead. At least now the log splitter and two mowers are in and out of the weather and still have room for the little green garden tractor and both fuel tanks, just not the room I was hoping for.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

Replaced the oil pressure and volt meter that haven't been working for quite some time water temp has been working just fine.
View attachment 84076

Replace the glow plug light and tachometer now I have only 209 hours on my machine 😁
View attachment 84077

Added an inverter, albeit a cheap Harbor Freight one, but I've had good luck with these in the past, actually this is an old one that's been well used and still working great.
View attachment 84078
View attachment 84079
View attachment 84080
View attachment 84081
Bill you go to the "Nth" degree to detail on your tractor and equipment rehabbing.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Bill you got to the "Nth" degree to detail on your tractor and equipment rehabbing.
Thank you sir,
I know a lot of it's not perfect, I don't have a machine shop,
I do what I can,
the best I can,
with what I got.

And I'm generally happy with the results.

And if I wasn't you wouldn't see it until I was. 🙄

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
My buddy stopped by with his dump trailer and I used the forks to clear 3/4 of my brush pile. We crammed most of that brush in his 14' trailer and I trimmed the sides off with my chainsaw. The tarp and one strap held things together. He will be using the WC46 to chip all the cedar brush for blueberry plants to get the soil acidic. I'll burn the rest of the pile tomorrow to spite our Karen neighbor who doesn't like me burning 😂

My woods are finally starting to look good and walking/driving through is not a chore anymore. After I grind the last few stumps down, I'll use the box blade to smooth things out. And decide what we want to do here (shed or cover it in wood chips and leave it "natural")

PXL_20220723_164107260.jpg
PXL_20220723_164059709.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Tackled 50 ton of 2" down limestone to extend our driveway another 70'. Surprisingly this task only took a few hours including final grading with the box blade but I was impressed with the capabilities of the BX2380. It's no skidsteer but it did give me a reason to not do anything else on the honey do list for a few hours lol

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Moved about 1000lbs of bricks (what I call concrete "pavers" used to build retaining walls) from one spot to another spot 250' away.
3 loads of aprox 330lbs/load with my little BX. Could definitely feel the weight for sure.

Then I used the (empty) bucket to help pound in some 6' rebar "posts" into the ground for a future garden fence. Ended up using a small 2lb maul(sp?) and also a 10lb sledgehammer (way easier than the bucket.) My ground is super-duper rocky so small/short sharp blows (hammering) is easier than trying to "push a floppy" bar into the ground with a tractor bucket on slightly uneven ground.

Couldn't get the 1 picture off my phone onto my computer. Sigh....oh well !
Send the pic to your own email address…then download it into your photo gallery, then you can send it to others…or upload it to a post such as this one.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas

View attachment 84076

View attachment 84077

View attachment 84078
View attachment 84079
View attachment 84080
View attachment 84081
That inverter is a good idea! If I do one I think I’ll install it inside the canopy so rain, etc won’t get into it.

I suggest you install a fusible link or, fuse or C.B. on that “hot” lead to the inverter.

What do you use the inverter for?

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Send the pic to your own email address…then download it into your photo gallery, then you can send it to others…or upload it to a post such as this one.
Yes, I am fairly tech savvy, but my wife took the pic, has no email on her phone and texting the picture to me works 99% of the time, but not on this occasional. (I think the picture file is corrupt.)

Another day, I'll do a similar photo.

Thanks though ;-)