What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Two-fer today...

Job 1 - regrade/repair from when I dug the line in April. This is the one where we had to call the municipality for a broken water service line before the curb stop. They dug up the street while we waited.

Before:
Brown 1.JPG

after:

Brown 2.JPG

before
Brown 3.JPG

after

Brown 4.JPG

Job 2. Grind a big 'ole pine stump:

Fatigate stump 1.JPG

Fatigate stump 2.JPG

Ready:

Fatigate stump 3.JPG

Done

Fatigate stump 4.JPG

Thankful for the Kubota ... and that it wasn't oak or hard maple :)

Tired. Long day.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Baled 62 bales of hay with the L4060 and NH 273 haybine. At least now I know that once I get the weeds out and the right grasses fully established, I will be somewhere around 240 bales per cutting, thats good for ~ $1200 in hay.
Better up your price per bale. I had to pay $12 for a small square last week.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The rainy monsoon season in my region started this week. I attached and greased the rotary cutter to get ready for field mowing season.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Yesterday one of my neighbors texted my wife to see if I could unload a gun safe for him. Was able to get it around to his basement door. I had my box blade, plus 240 pounds on the 3pt. Didn't have any problems lifting it, but I could tell it was a little top heavy.

gun_safe.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Did some mowing at the farm. Also, checked everything over from the storms on Friday. Lots of little branches down and one old tree that was covered in vines came down behind the house. I pushed it into the brush and will work on cleaning it up this fall. When I was pushing it into a pile, stirred up bee's nest. I was very glad to have the cab, they came out mad.

Tree behind house.jpg

Tree house.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Baled 62 bales of hay with the L4060 and NH 273 haybine. At least now I know that once I get the weeds out and the right grasses fully established, I will be somewhere around 240 bales per cutting, thats good for ~ $1200 in hay.
How well does the L4060 handle the 273? Is it on the ragged edge or a good match, or somewhere in between? How flat your field is probably figures into the equation quite a bit too.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Did you ever have one of those small tasks that somehow acquired 'project creep'?
I have a small area on the north side of our house that I wanted to replant grass in. It hasn't been touched in 30 years.
It's only about 40 x100 so I planned on ripping it with the box blade then use the tiller. Part A was no problem. The BB ripped up the ground nicely. I just wasn't prepared for all the potatoes is would bring up.

Using the tiller presented a problem. The space is small bordered by the house with AC units sitting there, a fence and a drop off into the woods (artificial wall I built when the grape arbor was there). There is only one 'open' end. Ok will only use tiller where I can reach without destroying anything.

Then I thought this is the time to replace my conduit line that goes from the house into the woods for my critter cameras and low voltage lighting. So... it may not be a backhoe but its a whole lot better than a shovel!

trench with stump bucket 20220618_131329_resized.jpg

The stump bucket has turned into a very used implement. Of course trenching / replacing the cables now has doubled the scope of the job.

Reactions: 5 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
How well does the L4060 handle the 273? Is it on the ragged edge or a good match, or somewhere in between? How flat your field is probably figures into the equation quite a bit too.

It did good, very little ram push, unlike the B2410 where you could see the tractor being pushed back and forth, only on a hard hit of heavy grass do I feel it in the cab. The baler only needs 18 PTO HP to run, so power isn't an issue, weight is, and why I went with the one I did instead of a John Deere, the Deere was several hundred pounds lighter at a cost of several thousand $$ more. I figured if my B2410 lasts 20 years without any issues, an L4060 should do the same.

Having 2 tractors is awesome too, really helped with getting the bales put away, I moved the trailer with the lil mule and used the HSTC and forks to gather the bales, 6 at a time to be stacked on the trailer. Eventually once the fields are growing grass instead of weeds, and the yields are higher, I can have the lil mule towing the trailer behind the baler picking up the bales as they come off. My fields are not big enough to triple up tractor, baler, trailer, not enough room to turn it around. Only baling 3 1/2 acres, but my neighbor may want me to do his 4 acres, so 7 1/2 acres of hay should fill a barn.

Now to find a right angle phillips screwdriver so I can attach the Seat pto switch.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Two-fer today...

Job 1 - regrade/repair from when I dug the line in April. This is the one where we had to call the municipality for a broken water service line before the curb stop. They dug up the street while we waited.

Before:
View attachment 81996

after:

View attachment 81997

before
View attachment 81998

after

View attachment 81999

Job 2. Grind a big 'ole pine stump:

View attachment 82000

View attachment 82001

Ready:

View attachment 82002

Done

View attachment 82003

Thankful for the Kubota ... and that it wasn't oak or hard maple :)

Tired. Long day.
Some day…some poor soul is going to try to drill a post-hole there (where that stump once existed)….and hit the rest of that tree beneath the surface… 😅😂🤣🥳🥵

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Some day…some poor soul is going to try to drill a post-hole there (where that stump once existed)….and hit the rest of that tree beneath the surface… 😅😂🤣🥳🥵
Stump looks like Eastern White Pine (EWP). dirtydeed is in PA.

EWP is soft and very susceptible to rot in wet/damp conditions.

Betting within 5 years it’ll be pretty spongy, and gone in 10.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Stump looks like Eastern White Pine (EWP). dirtydeed is in PA.

EWP is soft and very susceptible to rot in wet/damp conditions.

Betting within 5 years it’ll be pretty spongy, and gone in 10.
Perhaps…but doesn’ that make a “sink-hole”.?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
The easy way to plant shrubs. If it is nice tomorrow evening I'll give the 24" auger a try for some trees.

20220619_145328.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
The easy way to plant shrubs. If it is nice tomorrow evening I'll give the 24" auger a try for some trees.

View attachment 82051
That’s how I planted deer-resistant pineapple guava bushes….evergreens that give an avocado-sized fruit that supposedly tastes like pineapple…. Ten of ‘em.…. but apparently the deer in central Texas don’t know about those things and ate every damn one of ‘em. 🤬

• Haha

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
More boring tornado tree cleanup today. This opened up another trail. I foolishly thought it was 4 or 5 trees blocking but it was more like a dozen. I am really only cutting the trees to open up the trail again and leaving the rest to rot for nature. It’s mostly pine so not much use for me.

This job was overwhelming without the tractor and it would still be a nightmare without the grapple. Hands down my best purchase for our property.
ADD29996-1930-4DE8-9799-9C6B5AC08608.jpeg

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
In preparation for listing our house I need to clean up the brick face in the front as well as the walk. There is 32 years of accumulated dirt, mold and assorted grime that needs attention.
My son has a pretty hefty power washer and when we were at his house yesterday for a picnic one of my sons and grandsons loaded it in the Mazda.
It weighs about 180lbs - more than I want to test my aneurisms with :)
So. . .
forks picking up washer 20220620_111058_resized.jpg

Everyone should have a tractor!

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Finally finished up the Sprayer cart and control. Wired in a socket for power with it's own fuse, then added the other plug to the control box. It is double fused built in fuse on the control box and large blade fuse holder to the socket, tapped into the 10 Gauge coming from the 30 amp slow blow directly from the battery that goes to the subwoofer. Plugged in the cable from the cart, filled the tank, and got it all running, found which switch controls which plug and got the valves properly configured and away I went. Huge difference over what I had originally built. Moving the axle back on the cart made it much more stable, no more teetertottering over bumps, the spray arm is more stable and at the right height, and what a pleasure it is to flip a switch and have the spray stop instantly over killing the PTO and waiting for pressure to drop and timing it just right to not over spray.

I also added a wand, but should have put a 25' hose on instead of 10'. It is basically a 60 gallon tank on a lawn cart, and added a 12' boom for an ATV sprayer to it and a 3 valve control system. Worked great! Got all the fields sprayed with 2,4D.

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Just finished watching the last of a 47 video series on youtube called "Hydraulics and Electrical Control of Hydraulic Systems". It's part of the "Big Bad Tech" channel.

I stumbled across one of the videos while researching something to do with hydraulics. It's all a blur now so I can't even remember what it was. Pilot-operated pressure relief valves? IDK, just gunning for hydraulic top-n-tilt and third function. The instructor is excellent so I committed myself to watching the entire playlist. Multiple videos per day for the last few weeks. He has all sorts of videos about industrial type electrical stuff. I'm exhausted mentally.

Last edited:

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Dragging a sweetgum trunk up creek bank. It fell a couple weeks ago in rain, it was on far side of creek bank and flowing creek washed away the base and it fell over. The stump of a previous tree I cut down on the near side of the bank kept it from crashing through my fence - dodged a bullet there. Took a few days to remove the poison oak (at the base the vine was thick as a shovel handle) and limb. Next up, cutting the very bottom of the trunk at the creek and dragging it up.

Dan

Attachments

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
finished dolly for tiller.

IMG_1376.jpg

Reactions: 3 users