What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Cool. I don't think I can ever go back to a manual top link, or even two manual lifting rods. If I were able to store implements on level ground I could get away with manual lifting rods, but given my current situation I absolutely need/want top AND tilt. I'll be adding those to the M6060 along with a QH20 or similar once I have it up here.
Yeah we had TNT and right & left adjustable lift links on our MX too anytime you're hooking up heavy 3pt attachments you need all the adjustment you can get it's not like these little machines where you can just man handle the attachment around by hand or digging iron :)

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Took a couple hours off to finish driveway. Rain in the forecast next couple days.

My wife calls this the Chevy Commercial spot…but it does get it out of the way.😀

037104F2-D63B-49FC-98DF-A27A7944ABB4.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Took it down to the tractor crossing and mixed a couple bags of cement (one at a time) in the FEL. Dumped into a low spot on the crossing, which is a normal underflow but will overflow with storms.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Got to see the LX3310 for first time out of the crate. Just need the tires to be loaded and might have it on Thursday.

Screenshot_20220412-172304_Hangouts.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
What are the 4 vertical pipes for?
Here's a better pic...

H4_BRO453_7.JPG

Starting from closest to foundation wall out-
1) Fresh air vent (tallest)
2-3) House trap (trap is not visible here since it's covered by screenings)
4) Cleanout

The other small hole in the wall was for the new water service. the old waste and water service came up from beneath the floor.

What you don't see are the vent lid and caps on the pipes. I insist that they place them on temporarily when I backfill for obvious reasons. ;)

For the main soil line (4" PVC) a 6 inch core drill is used. The pipe is sealed in the foundation wall using LinkSeal, covered by a layer of fastplug, then rubberized undercoating. Fast plug applied inside as well.

Smiley face in rubberized undercoating to cheer up the crew...it was a long, hard day.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Got most of it done. Will need some clean up and re-grading after some use.

20647B20-1AA2-46FE-A86E-8C7310C89D13.jpeg

F4EA7CB0-F6E1-48E7-801D-E9B76EAA178C.jpeg

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Here's a better pic...

View attachment 78213

Starting from closest to foundation wall out-
1) Fresh air vent (tallest)
2-3) House trap (trap is not visible here since it's covered by screenings)
4) Cleanout

The other small hole in the wall was for the new water service. the old waste and water service came up from beneath the floor.

What you don't see are the vent lid and caps on the pipes. I insist that they place them on temporarily when I backfill for obvious reasons. ;)

For the main soil line (4" PVC) a 6 inch core drill is used. The pipe is sealed in the foundation wall using LinkSeal, covered by a layer of fastplug, then rubberized undercoating. Fast plug applied inside as well.

Smiley face in rubberized undercoating to cheer up the crew...it was a long, hard day.
Next time you are doing one, could you please post a picture of the trap (#2-3) I have never seen a system like this. We have a septic system, that was installed in 1983, and I dread the day that it has to be replaced. The pipe goes out under the cellar floor, and the clean-out hole is about 5' below the top of the ground. When it was installed, they installed a riser at the center clean out hole but never installed risers at either the inlet or the outlet. Hopefully, we will never have a problem with them. Last year, the inlet got a toilet paper clog, but I was able to blast it clear with one of those rubber bladders that you insert into the pipe and pressurize with a garden hose. I have thought about installing risers, but my BX23S won't dig deep enough to do this project.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Next time you are doing one, could you please post a picture of the trap (#2-3) I have never seen a system like this. We have a septic system, that was installed in 1983, and I dread the day that it has to be replaced. The pipe goes out under the cellar floor, and the clean-out hole is about 5' below the top of the ground. When it was installed, they installed a riser at the center clean out hole but never installed risers at either the inlet or the outlet. Hopefully, we will never have a problem with them. Last year, the inlet got a toilet paper clog, but I was able to blast it clear with one of those rubber bladders that you insert into the pipe and pressurize with a garden hose. I have thought about installing risers, but my BX23S won't dig deep enough to do this project.

Here's a shot of a trap before it was installed. Again, this was for a line connected to central sewer system.

Drighton 2.JPG

Sometimes the house trap is located in the basement or under the floor with a fresh air inlet above it. If you look at my second pic posted earlier today, you'll see a round "vent" in the siding just above the hole I dug. That's the old fresh air vent to their system. Most standard septic systems wont have a trap outside.

Reactions: 1 user

WhitleyStu

Premium Member

Equipment
B2601 LA435 FEL 60" MMM 60" Snow Blower FSP500 Spreader 5' Grahl Roller 40 spray
Sep 10, 2020
Indiana
Nothing big, just a few hours on the yard enjoying a perfect sunny 70° day once the roller was filled with water.
IMG_1908.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Here's a shot of a trap before it was installed. Again, this was for a line connected to central sewer system.

View attachment 78236

Sometimes the house trap is located in the basement or under the floor with a fresh air inlet above it. If you look at my second pic posted earlier today, you'll see a round "vent" in the siding just above the hole I dug. That's the old fresh air vent to their system. Most standard septic systems wont have a trap outside.
Thanks for the explanation. When my home was on the city sewer system, the only vent was the line that the toilet was on, and it extended through the roof. The mainline went out the basement wall and connected to the city sewer line in the street. I have never seen anything like you do in New England. Must be a regional thing.

foobert

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 25, 2021
Washington
Got rid if the lousy turnbuckles on the 3-point and replaced with Messick’s custom fabricated stabilizer.

So much easier to manage. Only complaint is it does interfere with the large PTO shield when the post hole digger is all the way down. Meh, I don’t much care for the shields anyway — I’ll probably just trim the bell shape down a little.

image.jpg

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I had my septic replaced last November. The pipes are about 5' above the basement floor and one is still the original pipe from 1964. They moved the tank out away from the house a good 15-20 feet from where the old one was and now waiting for the back fill to fully settle before going to work landscaping it. That will be done using both tractors.

I replaced the cast iron inside with PVC since it was a mix of cast from the wall, to PVC from a bathroom add, to the original bath drains. What a spaghetti bowl of galvanized and cast iron. It is all nice and neat and properly vented. I don't know what who or why they did this, but there was a galvanized 3" stack from the sinks and tub in the wall that was cut 2' below the trusses and left open. No wonder there was always a smell. Now it extends through the roof like it should. I was able to date the bathroom to 1067 based on a date stamp on the back of the mirror. The other bathroom remodel was done in 1997 based on a date code on the back of the drywall.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Learned value of running at 45 degree ROPS position. Kept a tree from landing on my back, but I should have eased up to it and watched and then lowered to 90 degree position.

Actually the tree landing on the 45 degree part of the ROPS made it easier and safer to cut. My wife stood on the bush hog and cut the tree on the right side of the tractor while I cut it on the left side. Managed to get the piece in between off the ROPS without it dropping onto the instrument panel or something else.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Still some bumps to fix, but we’re getting closer…..

Nothing is entirely level, so that water from the hill to the left doesn't run down the driveway to the road.

Too many times, I've had to shovel my driveway material from the road back into my driveway.....

We've gotten pretty good at controlling that....hope to continue....

FF1D5D58-A20A-4BDA-B458-73CE9DAFF158.jpeg

Last edited:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Today I back bladed the spoils from yesterday's tree planting. Still have to do some finish raking.

Four mountain Laurels were delivered yesterday that I wanted to put in the backyard. Today was the day for that. The stump bucket is turning out to be great acquisition. There were several large potatoes that it easily removed. One of them I'll need the grapple to find a final resting place for. It also broke through a pretty beefy root.
It would have been a struggle with the post hole digger here.

20220413_160525_resized.jpg

20220413_171137_resized.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Would that stump bucket be able to dig out silver maple stumps? I have a few of those where instead of one trunk there are a dozen, I also have a few pine stumps to remove. Looks a lot easier to use than a backhoe.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Would that stump bucket be able to dig out silver maple stumps? I have a few of those where instead of one trunk there are a dozen, I also have a few pine stumps to remove. Looks a lot easier to use than a backhoe.
I really don't know. . . My main use is as shown above. Between what I planted in 2 days it paid for itself based on what the nursery wanted to do the actual planting.
That 3" root is from a pine. I really didn't want to be that close to the pine trees but it is what it is. Now I'm sorry I planted about 10 pines 20 years ago.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Today's job is obvious. Parking lot, 700ft of driveway, trail to the river, and back to the tamarack forest with it I go.
IMG_20220414_154820581_HDR.jpg

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
We finished the winter/rainy day cigar lounge today hardware/shelves/auto vent mechanism)…still in a bit of a stand off that is not a greenhouse.
That is a very sweet looking little redwood greenhouse.
The occuping "tenant" looks even more sweet and cute!

Reactions: 1 user