What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

litework

Equipment
Kubota LX 3310 HSDC, LA 535, RCR1860, SGC0660, BB1254, FDR1660
Aug 12, 2021
Virginia
Cleaned up a tree around the pond yesterday. Used the grapple to move the big stuff and the RCR 1860 to get the rest.

LAHSaX4TRV+Rhv6TQmQp2g.jpg l10aDEdeTI++QGPsOUx3mg.jpg GjXjNRNtQJ+s6uOBg58J0A.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
@mcmxi were you in 4wd?

As for the tires loosing traction in other cases, check the pressure. Mine were like 30psi when I got it home. went down the 15 or so, and finally settled at 10-12.
I checked the rear tire pressures yesterday afternoon. 18 psi left, 16 psi right ... and valve stem has to be very close to 12 o'clock to avoid getting a tire gauge full of ballast liquid. I dropped the air in both to around 13 psi.

I moved more rocks around last night. 90% of grapple use is/will be moving rocks. That's why I wanted a very strong grapple such as the Wicked 60 made by Everything attachments. This MX allows me to move rocks that I could never move with the BX. It's picked up everything so far but I really do need wheel weights. The weight of the FEL, grapple and rock need more than an 800 lb box blade in order to offset the weight. I've ordered wheel weights for the new MX but if I keep this one too I'll definitely be adding them although a ballast box might be a better solution since it would be easy on/off.

5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I had a change in tractor plans today. Was going to start clearing trail with grapple, then I found a tick on me :(
Most probably came from the dog(s). The ticks don't get attached to them but they bring them in the house from playing in the woods.
Talstar-P time! Dropped the grapple, put on the forks, picked up my sprayer and ended up spraying about 35 gallons in the woods.
spraying_woods_with_Talstar-P_20211102_120820_resized.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

katansam

Equipment
B8200, BF-350 loader, Woods BH750
Oct 18, 2021
Greene RI
Finstead sub freezing attempt to run it. 25 seconds on gow plugs and 3cranks started right up. Not bad for 30 something yo tractor

Reactions: 1 user

Blue316

Equipment
2016 L4060, Ford flail mower, etc.
Sep 19, 2021
Vashon Wa
Okay this is what I actually did yesterday... This is how I found my new toy/tool when I arrived at the Central Transport shipping terminal.

image0.jpeg image2.jpeg image7.jpeg
This is how I first saw it when I pulled up to the ramp. No strapping was present.
image8.jpeg image9.jpeg
The worst of the damage. Scrapes and scratches.

Okay, I know its just a 500 pound tool but nobody wants someone else to put the first scratch on their new toy/tool... Right.
While the seller Skid Steer attachment Depot will not admit it they strapped it on to a pallet that is too small and too lightweight, it weighs only about 10-15 pounds and is bent and broken.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Three days of overnight temps in the 20’s means that my last mowing will be this weekend. Have the spare blades sharpened and ready to go on once I finish. Only put on around 60hrs on the B1700 this year so no major service other than greasing, blowing out any grass and dirt and a nice wash before she is put away in her winter spot. The B3200 will take front and center for firewood and hopefully some snow removal. I may have put 15hrs total on her this year. Once the beans are picked up front, I have a few hrs of brush hogging to do cutting back the tree lines from the fields and get my trails opened back up.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
In addition to moving trailers around and clearing up in preparation for winter, I've wanted to move a big boulder ever since I bought this place and finally got it to a better location yesterday. It was one heavy and awkward beast and I gave myself a Halloween scare yesterday afternoon as I came down the asphalt driveway with the rock in the jaws of the EA grapple. I started to slide (yaw) and began to wonder if this was it. You can see the skid marks on the asphalt in the photo below. The R4 tires have no traction on the asphalt and the smart move would have been to drop the grapple and boulder to the ground but I hung on in there and got the tractor back under control where the driveway levels off a bit.

I placed the rock in front of the sign I made about three years ago. I'm going to add a few more smaller rocks at some point but I'm glad that's over. The EA box blade weighs around 800lb and the rock must be twice that and it was too much. I have to say, I'm less than impressed with the traction from these R4 tires on my property, whether it's on dirt, grass or asphalt. The rear tires seem to break loose at the drop of a hat and end up digging up the grass and then the dirt. I guess the MX isn't lacking for torque.

I hope I didn't do any damage to the driveline as I was sliding down the driveway.

View attachment 68947

View attachment 68948

View attachment 68949

View attachment 68950
From someone that moves rocks for a living, I'm impressed with what your Kubota managed to handle!

Attachments

Reactions: 6 users

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
I checked the rear tire pressures yesterday afternoon. 18 psi left, 16 psi right ... and valve stem has to be very close to 12 o'clock to avoid getting a tire gauge full of ballast liquid. I dropped the air in both to around 13 psi.

I moved more rocks around last night. 90% of grapple use is/will be moving rocks. That's why I wanted a very strong grapple such as the Wicked 60 made by Everything attachments. This MX allows me to move rocks that I could never move with the BX. It's picked up everything so far but I really do need wheel weights. The weight of the FEL, grapple and rock need more than an 800 lb box blade in order to offset the weight. I've ordered wheel weights for the new MX but if I keep this one too I'll definitely be adding them although a ballast box might be a better solution since it would be easy on/off.

View attachment 68986
Moving rocks I’ve found to be my top use for the grapple, certainly opens up a lot of jobs for these machines. Expanding my parking area wouldn’t have been possible with out building a retaining wall of sourced boulders & rocks.
DC4F4051-8883-4138-B392-9230214E699D.jpeg
BC85D02C-B320-4DCA-BEF2-179F58DE1AE5.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
From someone that moves rocks for a living, I'm impressed with what your Kubota managed to handle!
Yeah, the MX is a very capable tractor for sure. The bigger rock that I showed earlier is about 11 cu.ft so I looked up the weight of "rocks" and 170lb/cu.ft seems to be a reasonable value to use for the types or rocks up here. So the rock that had me sliding down the driveway could be somewhere in the vicinity of 1,750 to 1,900 lb. Add in the 400 lb of grapple weight and that's quite the load. No wonder the tractor felt that wheel weights or a serious ballast box would help. :)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Moving rocks I’ve found to be my top use for the grapple, certainly opens up a lot of jobs for these machines. Expanding my parking area wouldn’t have been possible with out building a retaining wall of sourced boulders & rocks.
View attachment 69110 View attachment 69112
Nice job! I have numerous piles of similar rocks up here and admittedly quite a few that are way too big to move with the MX. I'd need to hire someone to move some of the bigger stuff. I have rocks the size of a VW bug and can only imagine what they weigh.

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
Nice job! I have numerous piles of similar rocks up here and admittedly quite a few that are way too big to move with the MX. I'd need to hire someone to move some of the bigger stuff. I have rocks the size of a VW bug and can only imagine what they weigh.
Isn’t funny how quickly you find out what’s too big for whatever machine you’ve got!? I’ve got a couple on the property I really wanted for corner stones of the new parking area that I just barely wouldn’t get off the ground.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
A neighbor/friend that lives 2 miles from me is putting up a greenhouse for his vegetable business. He had a large (20"+) ash stump somewhat in the way that he wanted gone. Asked if I would mind using the Woodland Mills grinder on it.....I said sure! The stump was fairly fresh cut so was still very solid but the grinder took it well below ground level in short time. He also had a row of russian olive trees that were gone, but with partially decayed stumps still ruining his riding mower blades. :LOL: There were 20 some of them. Now they're all gone too.

Since he was only two miles away, I drove the tractor over and back instead of loading it up. I was parked back in the shop afterwards in about exactly two hours. (It was too cold and windy to have a beer afterwards so drove straight back.) He was a happy camper. I'm betting we'll be getting some fresh vegetables next summer.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
In addition to moving trailers around and clearing up in preparation for winter, I've wanted to move a big boulder ever since I bought this place and finally got it to a better location yesterday. It was one heavy and awkward beast and I gave myself a Halloween scare yesterday afternoon as I came down the asphalt driveway with the rock in the jaws of the EA grapple. I started to slide (yaw) and began to wonder if this was it. You can see the skid marks on the asphalt in the photo below. The R4 tires have no traction on the asphalt and the smart move would have been to drop the grapple and boulder to the ground but I hung on in there and got the tractor back under control where the driveway levels off a bit.

I placed the rock in front of the sign I made about three years ago. I'm going to add a few more smaller rocks at some point but I'm glad that's over. The EA box blade weighs around 800lb and the rock must be twice that and it was too much. I have to say, I'm less than impressed with the traction from these R4 tires on my property, whether it's on dirt, grass or asphalt. The rear tires seem to break loose at the drop of a hat and end up digging up the grass and then the dirt. I guess the MX isn't lacking for torque.

I hope I didn't do any damage to the driveline as I was sliding down the driveway.

View attachment 68947

View attachment 68948

View attachment 68949

View attachment 68950
Another time you move something heavy like that downhill, back down the hill to keep better control of the tractor.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Moved the 2-3” limestone to the back and added the field stones to the pile. Sure was nice having a cab in the chilly air. 😀

B63A4E21-DB66-4D0F-B2B6-39093A668C8B.jpeg