What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Well. Haven't been on in a few days due to the massive storm that hit Massachusetts. Almost lost my brand new tractor. Tree fell to the left and missed it and another to the right that landed on my truck. The Kubota gods were good to me, the Ram gods not so much. Spent the past few days cleaning up the mess and spending as much time as possible on the LX3310. View attachment 68899 View attachment 68900 View attachment 68901 View attachment 68902
Wow you got super lucky man! That tree would have hurt! How bad did the ram get it?

PM7788

Equipment
LX3310HSDC, LA535 FEL, LX2963 Snowblower
Aug 28, 2021
MA
Wow you got super lucky man! That tree would have hurt! How bad did the ram get it?
The truck got hit pretty hard. big limb, larger than the one in the pictures above landed on the roof. Smashed it in pretty good. Have to see what insurance says and if it's a total loss or not. Looks like it might be.

I'll never get rid of my KTAC insurance, thats for sure :LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
The truck got hit pretty hard. big limb, larger than the one in the pictures above landed on the roof. Smashed it in pretty good. Have to see what insurance says and if it's a total loss or not. Looks like it might be.

I'll never get rid of my KTAC insurance, thats for sure :LOL:
you surely got lucky that’s for sure! I took A major loss to a bad storm back in 2010. I feel your pain man!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Did you buy a Kubota kit or select your own parts?
Bought the kit. Really glad I did. Everything fit exactly like expected. The instructions were incredibly brief. They were correct, but really could have done with a bit more step by step. I found a YouTube video that was very helpful.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
With winter coming and the hour meter sitting at 47.x hours I took the opportunity of a rainy Saturday to to pull the B2601 into the garage and do the 50hr service a touch early.

Overall everything went smoothly......I ran into the common issue of the two drain bolts being heavily covered with the engine block over spray which wouldn't allow the socket to slide on. Once I finally got them off I cleaned them up to prevent that issue next time.

Filters were easy to get off and fairly easy to work on which is nice. Fired it up, dropped the bucket and grabbed the pallet fork frame and hitch and moved the horse trailer, swapped the bucket back on and setup my sand barrels along the driveway for the next 5 months of snow and ice. I also swapped out the box blade for the rear blade.

I think the blower will go on before Thanksgiving........or maybe over that holiday.

PM7788 that was a heck of a storm.......my inlaws in Warham jsut got power back on Saturday

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Well I narrowed my buds kubota u45 andtook the scrub brush off a section behind barn, stripped topsoil off. Time for stone and gravel for the extension. Hopefully mother nature holds winter off a bit longer, also installed new driveway gate, and put some ditching in behind barn and in pasture. Had a lot of rain so was pretty sloppy but gotta do what ya gotta do. Now on to finish putting firewood in shed, and getting the piles of lumber the amish milled up into a building lol winter can wait ...

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
In addition to moving trailers around and clearing up in preparation for winter, I've wanted to move a big boulder ever since I bought this place and finally got it to a better location yesterday. It was one heavy and awkward beast and I gave myself a Halloween scare yesterday afternoon as I came down the asphalt driveway with the rock in the jaws of the EA grapple. I started to slide (yaw) and began to wonder if this was it. You can see the skid marks on the asphalt in the photo below. The R4 tires have no traction on the asphalt and the smart move would have been to drop the grapple and boulder to the ground but I hung on in there and got the tractor back under control where the driveway levels off a bit.

I placed the rock in front of the sign I made about three years ago. I'm going to add a few more smaller rocks at some point but I'm glad that's over. The EA box blade weighs around 800lb and the rock must be twice that and it was too much. I have to say, I'm less than impressed with the traction from these R4 tires on my property, whether it's on dirt, grass or asphalt. The rear tires seem to break loose at the drop of a hat and end up digging up the grass and then the dirt. I guess the MX isn't lacking for torque.

I hope I didn't do any damage to the driveline as I was sliding down the driveway.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
lol that is awesome ^^^ and I totally know the feeling of the code brown :poop:!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
lol that is awesome ^^^ and I totally know the feeling of the code brown :poop:!
It wasn't much fun as the tractor started to fishtail on the asphalt! 😳 There's that moment of mild panic where everything starts to slow down and then the thoughts of maybe this isn't going to end well. Both brake pedals were locked together when I pressed the brakes but the tractor immediately started to yaw. One of the first thoughts was that I should have gone with Kubota insurance, followed by should I jump off or stay with the tractor. I confess that it didn't occur to me to drop the FEL ... until after the fact ... unless subconsciously I ruled that option out because I didn't want to ruin a $$$$ asphalt job.

Anyway, the worst is over and I won't be doing that again.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
It wasn't much fun as the tractor started to fishtail on the asphalt! 😳 There's that moment of mild panic where everything starts to slow down and then the thoughts of maybe this isn't going to end well. Both brake pedals were locked together but when I pressed the brakes but the tractor immediately started to yaw. One of the first thoughts was that I should have gone with Kubota insurance, followed by should I jump off or stay with the tractor. I confess that it didn't occur to me to drop the FEL ... until after the fact ... unless subconsciously I ruled that option out because I didn't want to ruin a $$$$ asphalt job.

Anyway, the worst is over and I won't be doing that again.
Suffice to say you lived to tell the tale and probably learned a little something......and, probably swapped underwear in the middle of the day for the first time in a while lol.

I have some hills on my property that when I have something heavy in the FEL I seem to always think of my abort procedures of dropping the Box Blade and or FEL. The whole advice to always put it in 4WD when dealing with heavier loads has also stuck with me....that being said in the heat of the moment I can only hope to remember those and calmly implement that plan :)

Rock looks good.

R4s........glad I have Turfs I guess.....

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
@mcmxi were you in 4wd?

As for the tires loosing traction in other cases, check the pressure. Mine were like 30psi when I got it home. went down the 15 or so, and finally settled at 10-12.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
@mcmxi were you in 4wd?

As for the tires loosing traction in other cases, check the pressure. Mine were like 30psi when I got it home. went down the 15 or so, and finally settled at 10-12.
No, I wasn't in 4WD on the driveway but I was when I was bringing the rock up one side of the property to get to the top of the driveway. That was a mistake I'm sure.

I'll check the tire pressure. I know the dealer put ballast in both rear tires but I have no idea what the pressure is.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Suffice to say you lived to tell the tale and probably learned a little something......and, probably swapped underwear in the middle of the day for the first time in a while lol.

I have some hills on my property that when I have something heavy in the FEL I seem to always think of my abort procedures of dropping the Box Blade and or FEL. The whole advice to always put it in 4WD when dealing with heavier loads has also stuck with me....that being said in the heat of the moment I can only hope to remember those and calmly implement that plan :)

Rock looks good.

R4s........glad I have Turfs I guess.....
The skid marks are on the asphalt and nowhere else! 😂 That's good advice re thinking of how to react if something goes wrong prior to starting out. Pilots do that all the time and I need to take a page out of their book.

I think the rock looks good where it is too. It was doing nothing in a corner of the property so I'm pleased to put it somewhere where it can be seen and has some sort of purpose. I have much bigger boulders around the place but have no way to move them.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Cleaning out the shed. Winter gear out and summer fun gets put away

20211101_151048.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
And another milestone today. Hit 200 hundred hours. 16 months of ownership.

20211101_155304.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Started cutting a trail from the top part of driveway down into the woods. With I'm not really anxious to put almost 5000lbs on my new lawn with R4's. I need to get to the woods between the house and street and am severely limited because of the topography.
Cut down several trees and will start with the grapple to clean things up tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Shipped out the last load of logs today so I blocked off the now empty landing with left over poles to keep
the riff raff from tearing it up after we seed and hay it.

Reactions: 2 users

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I fired up the BX and mowed the yard, for what I hope is the last time this year. I don't ever remember mowing in November in the 47 years I've lived here. Was 45° when I finished up at 4:30PM.

OrangePower

Equipment
A cute little rinky dinky 2021 BX23s
Sep 15, 2021
VA
First 3 days of ownership, 24 tractor hours on my brand spanky knew tractor and one of the jobs half finish. Filling the hole back up after I pull the tree down is next.

tree.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Well. Haven't been on in a few days due to the massive storm that hit Massachusetts. Almost lost my brand new tractor. Tree fell to the left and missed it and another to the right that landed on my truck. The Kubota gods were good to me, the Ram gods not so much. Spent the past few days cleaning up the mess and spending as much time as possible on the LX3310. View attachment 68899 View attachment 68900 View attachment 68901 View attachment 68902
All ready for the cleanup. Very serendipitous have the new machine there I would say.