What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
May not sound major to some of your projects listed here but ...

After a month or so of searching I finally found where the cotter pin goes on my L2501 that I found on my right floorboard. It holds the pin that the seat rotates up and forward on.

Been driving me nuts looking at all areas around and above that floor board. The odd part it had green paint on it. The only reason I found it was due to the pin slipping far enough that the seat was angled when I went to get the tractor yesterday morning.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I learned that I need a proof chain between my 7100 and a Woods RM 49 mower. What I can't find is where that should attach to the tractor and possibly to the mower as well., Any help?
Are you talking about a chain to replace the top link on the 3 point hitch? If so you can add a small shackle or repair link to the end of the chain to form a larger loop that you can add a larger shackle. The pin from the tractor and the mower mounts can then be used instead of the top link.

https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-...S7TT&dchild=1&keywords=1/4+inch+shackle&qid=1

Of course the redneck way would be to form a loop with a bolt and a couple of washers to form the loop on the end of the chain.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Cave Road, I had a piece of steel laying around and had the holes made for the diameter of the 3pt pins. Put one end of the strap on the pin at the implement (do both sides of the implement). The other set of straps go in one of the vacant holes by the toplink connection. Have a long pin to go through the holes so both side has a link. Chain fits in slots and can be adjusted as needed.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Occasionally when I am mowing, the deck gets a vibration that comes and goes. I figured it was a couple of the blades a little out of balance and when they got in phase, the vibrations were more noticeable.
There is a really nice balancer on Amazon that holds the blades on with ceramic magnets, real deluxe fixture with a $150 price tage.
So after a little thought, I designed a hub on Tinkercad that uses a couple of 608 R2 ball bearings and printed it out on one of my 3D printers. I made a stub with 3D printed threads and a 3D printed wing nut to hold the blade on the jig.
The bearings have no seals and roll very freely.
I used a 5/16" X 3" bolt with the head machined down so it's only 1/16" high and a couple of pieces of steel tube, one 20mm long to separate the bearings and another 25mm long to move it away from the 1" square tube I used for a support that I clamp in a vise.
I pulled one of the blades off and it was pretty close to balanced, only had to take a little off one blade. The other two blades were pretty close too, but now they are all nearly perfectly balanced.
It rotates so freely that even a couple of paper clips stuck on with a little scotch tape makes that blade stop at the bottom.
I figure that with the steel tubing, plastic filament, bearings, bolt, washers and nuts, I have at most $5.00 in it.

If anyone would want the stl file for it, PM me.
Wouldn't the wing nut cause an imbalance?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Cave Road, I had a piece of steel laying around and had the holes made for the diameter of the 3pt pins. Put one end of the strap on the pin at t.he implement (do both sides of the implement). The other set of straps go in one of the vacant holes by the toplink connection. Have a long pin to go through the holes so both side has a link. Chain fits in slots and can be adjusted as needed.
Very nice idea. And it is adjustable. Now if I only had a machine shop.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Wouldn't the wing nut cause an imbalance?
I doubt it. As it's 3D printed with 25% infill, is symmetrical inside and out, and it only weighs about 25 grams. I spun it by itself on the arbor, and it seemed to always stop in a random position.

Edit: Just for shites and giggles, I weighed both ends at the same distance from the center in a little gram scale I have, and as nearly as I could tell, it was within a tenth of a gram end to end.

Last edited:

Cave Road

Jan 19, 2017
Campbellsville, KY, USA
That's not it. On the Woods diagram there is a special note pertaining only to the 6100 and 7100 Kubota that shows a 40" chain that attaches to clips on the front of the mowing deck, (mine have been cut away). My ASSUMPTION is that these would limit the maximum drop for the deck to avoid gouging with the skids on each side.

The top link connector on the mower is made to allow a lot of up and down movement. So much so that I can't keep the skids from digging furrows on rolling ground.

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
Rented a U17 excavator and began excavating the foundation for an addition to our house. I used the L3901 for some dirt removal but found it too big to move around. Jumped on the oldy but goody 7100 (1978 first tractor I ever ran) and found it was perfect size. Got alot done and Momma is happy her house addition has begun .

Attachments

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Was an all around lousy day here today weather wise.

Perfect day to hide in the barn and do my belated 50 hour service on the BX.

Everything went well and as I was near the end when I recalled folks on here discussing the HST strainer/screen.

Looked in my manual and saw that Kubotas first service interval for cleaning the screen is 400 hours. I decided to do it anyway.

This is what I found. Couldn't believe it.:eek:

Attachments

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Cave Road, I had a piece of steel laying around and had the holes made for the diameter of the 3pt pins. Put one end of the strap on the pin at the implement (do both sides of the implement). The other set of straps go in one of the vacant holes by the toplink connection. Have a long pin to go through the holes so both side has a link. Chain fits in slots and can be adjusted as needed.
Here's what mine look like, both on top link hookup and used as check chains on my 640 Ford.

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
It was a scorcher, and I puttered around with an old IBC tote and some ABS pipe to make a road wetter to keep the dust down. In this heat the water evaporates very quickly - Need some sort of additive.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
It was a scorcher, and I puttered around with an old IBC tote and some ABS pipe to make a road wetter to keep the dust down. In this heat the water evaporates very quickly - Need some sort of additive.
Liquid salt - calcium chloride has been used in the past, it's a highly corrosive salt. Supposedly it draws humidity from the air keeping the dust damp. I wouldn't use it myself.

I can't legally pour oil on the road but the county can oil and chip their roads. Any independent contractors that can oil yours?

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Starting working on my approximately 5 mile long trail system with my new L2501. I have not purchased a new box blade yet so was dragging a 4 foot XB King Kutter. The L2501 is definitely overkill for the box blade but its getting the job done for now.
Looking at your pic just curious why you are removing sod exposing the dirt, for your trail?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I “invented” (kinda plagiarized) the use of an ordinary boat-lift to operate my hangar door of my own design. The door operates similarly to an old-style garage door in that as it raises up...it also rotates to the horizontal position.
(Most airplane hangar doors are “bi-fold” and operate in a folding method like closing an open book...the problem with them is they lose a lot of headroom and they cannot be left open when it’s windy or they’ll collapse on themselves. I didn’t want either to be a limitation... this design is captured in tracks on each end and can be left open in any wind...and acts like an awning when partially open.)

Well, anyway, it is lifted by an ordinary boat-lift which operates cables thru pulleys/sheaves and therefore places very little stress on the bldg since the cables are directly opposing each other. An advantage is that any failure simply “freezes” the door. It’s much safer than commercial designs in that respect.

The DOWN-side is that when the boat-lift fails the door “freezes”...as designed. I’ve never had to deal with this in the 20 years since I built it.

Until today. I went to bed last night and as I left the hangar I hit the “down” switch, flipped off the lights and exited the personell-door and went to bed leaving the overhead door to close and shut itself off.... or so I thought.
This morning I discovered the door still in the half-open position and the motor spinning with the V-belt apparently burned-thru. :mad:
My problem is: How do I get up there and replace the V-belt with the door half-open/half-closed? Simple, I thought.... put the extension ladder against the door and walk upon the door itself to get to the boat lift to change the belt.
BUT... the BELT was not the problem! The problem was the worm-and-ring gear were frozen. To remove/separate them would allow the door to FALL to the ground!
After another cup of coffee I decided to slightlhy LIFT the door with the FEL to relieve the load from the cables, repair/replace the worm/ring gears while the FEL held the door in-situ. TA-DA! KUBOTA TO THE RESCUE!

Turns out, that the problem was seen to be only a lubrication problem AND a fresh V-Belt after the FEL relieved the load from the lift-assy and the friction could be detected without the load of the door.

This could have been very hazardous if the door had fallen while I stood on it, but the FEL as back-up gave a secondary-support. (I know, I know...it was only backup and as a method of diagnosis to get the load off the cables.)

Attachments

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
In Costa Rica they use molasses. Not only does it smell good, it keeps dust down and is environmentally safe.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Used the B3200 as a dust pan yesterday evening. Cleaned out the garage after making new shelves for the wife's pantry. All the dust and off cuts went in to the bucket and out to the fire pit. Weather is looking up here, 26 this morning but upper 70's by this weekend so I may get a chance to knock down some grass with the Orange later this week.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
NEVER plowed anything until yesterday. Bought a used Ferguson 2 bottom (vintage 1940~1950's) to hook on the 3 pt behind my L3301. Plow was setup for a JD and not for a Kubota. Messed with the top link and adjustable arm on 3 pt. and got her to cut some virgin soil with 2 1/2' tall Fescue and weeds. I found out I have a lot to learn before hiring out :). All in all though, I was happy with my efforts.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
In Costa Rica they use molasses. Not only does it smell good, it keeps dust down and is environmentally safe.
In East Texas many many old dirt roads are oil-field roads... dampened years ago with crude oil. They become almost as good as asphalt after time. I’d be leery of using old motor oil however, due to unknown effect on the local water table unless I owned all the land surrounding.