What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
If all the glue joints were done right, how do roots get inside PVC piping?
This time, it "looked" like all joints were primed and glued properly. But, there was a break between the foundation and the trap. I think the roots entered that break and the rest is history. As for how the roots went thru the pipe down further, I can't answer that. I should have spent more time looking at that. Perhaps that joint wasn't properly glued.

I have seen many times that when people glue a joint, they don't spin the fittings a quarter turn. I have another one coming up at that same condo assoc that we did one a couple of months ago. That was one job where we didn't see any primer used, only glue. Fittings separated, and pipe dropped.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Resized_20210925_093102001.jpeg

Mowing and stopped and looked at the corn, getting close to time to harvest. Still has a little green in it.

Resized_20210925_093242001.jpeg

Continued with more mowing. Once the weather changes, will hopefully start in to clearing the area to the right and getting rid of some of the brush and leaving the bigger trees.

Reactions: 5 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mowed yet again. Also grabbed the carry-all for a little firewood. My girlie and I are doing a fire out back while we can. Having reubens and Rachel’s fireside…..

5846AB73-E6BC-4199-803F-8835CA9C09CD.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Pulled the deck off again and pressure washed and greased it. Moved some gravel with the boxblade and cleaned the windows.

Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Prepped and spread 50 tons of 3/4" for a neighbor, what a beautiful autumn day to be outside

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
This time, it "looked" like all joints were primed and glued properly. But, there was a break between the foundation and the trap. I think the roots entered that break and the rest is history. As for how the roots went thru the pipe down further, I can't answer that. I should have spent more time looking at that. Perhaps that joint wasn't properly glued.

I have seen many times that when people glue a joint, they don't spin the fittings a quarter turn. I have another one coming up at that same condo assoc that we did one a couple of months ago. That was one job where we didn't see any primer used, only glue. Fittings separated, and pipe dropped.
Seems to be more of a problem up north judging from some of the posts here and other forums.
Never seen that happen in my area of Texas.
Guess the thing they all have in common is going through a foundation. We don't have cellars down here, so I guess we don't have the conditions that lead to breaks at the penetration point.

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We were able to spend three days at my farm property...
IMG_0867.JPG

giving the new gearboxes on the 3008 Bushhog a workout.
IMG_0868.JPG

While she got into the action with the ZT.

Next was using the U25 Excavator helping to..
IMG_0889.JPG

Replace a rotten pole under the "Strawhouse" deer shooting house. Seen here with two Grandsons.

Reactions: 10 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Used the front loader to scoop out a clearance well at the uphill end of the county culvert. Too much dirt & gravel get washed into my water course with out it.

Attachments

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Those two Grandsons are a couple of hard working young men and they know what a shovel is for.
IMG_0654.JPG

Seen here with my Son on the left with their new Vermeer .
IMG_4730.JPG

Seen here 4 years ago rolling logs to my sawmill.
IMG_4732.JPG

They work together and...
IMG_4739.JPG

Sweat together. Yup it was HOT !!!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Out of beer, it’s time to get the ol’ Howard tiller back in operation. A week ago, the autopsy revealed poor factory welding had allowed the splined stub shaft to break loose from and just spin inside the rotor tube. (See post #9912 above) Now the whole rotor had to be removed from the tiller. Then the bolt on flange bearing needed removal from the splined stub to allow room for some grinding, cleaning, and re welding.
Rotor Removed.JPG
Loosening the locking collar from the main flange bearing still left the bearing seized to the shaft. (My cheap gear puller wouldn’t budge the flange bearing). Shifting into MaGyver mode, borrowing the trailer ramps, and some short angle iron pieces allowed the shaft to be hung from the 4 post lift just inches above a piece of wood. Penetrating oil and soaking overnight didn’t work either. Enter the air hammer and some heat. That did the trick. Raising the lift and coaxing the shaft down with its own weight to assist the air hammer had it resting on the wood cushion on the floor. Since the other outboard sealed bearing was dry and pretty much wore out, it was removed with the same method and a new one ordered to replace it.
Supporting Tiller Shaft on Lift.jpg Coaxing Out the Shaft.jpg Eccentric Locking Ring.jpg

The broken poor factory weld was ground away and the stub shaft re welded to the tube. With the proper Port and Starboard ratchet straps in place, the repaired shaft was lifted up and re fastened to the tiller.
Poor Factory Welds.jpg Ready to Weld.jpg New Weld in Place.jpg Re Installing Rotor.jpg

Gears, chain, new bearing, and some new gearbox lube in place has it ready for service again behind the Kubota. Hoping it’ll last another 10 years before any more major repairs are needed. The 4 post lift is earning its keep in all sorts of ways!

Reactions: 4 users

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
Found a Woods Cadet 84 on Craigslist. Looked at it on Friday and owner delivered today. New blades and in very good shape. Did a little cutting and worked great. Need a weight bracket and weights.
8544F057-178E-4ABE-947D-15DE46275100.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Did the gear oil replacement and cleaned the mower deck on my MMM. Amazing how much grass gets lodged on top of the deck and inside every nook and cranny. Looks like I need a new set of blades as well. Gator blades will be the choice. That will probably be a spring job as grass cutting season is winding down as it cools off.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I spent 4 or 5 hours clearing the acre or so fenced in area we have for our dogs. Used the grapple to move 'future landscape feature' rocks to a couple of separate areas. At least most of them are together now and not obstacles for when I box blade it. Also pulled up a load of small trees and dumped them and the various dead branches and trees over the fence. Was a little disappointed it didn't look like more was done when I stopped but today is another day.
20210927_102756_resized.jpg
20210927_102811_resized.jpg
20210927_102818_resized.jpg

On another note. . . My newly redone front lawn (seeded 2 weeks ago) is coming in. I was concerned there were several patches of no grass but they are coming in now also. I guess that seed must have been deeper.

20210926_124232_resized.jpg

Not sure how to explain this. Why did I waste my time box blading, liming, fertilizing and tilling when all I had to do was throw some seed? I spilled some seed on the driveway while loading the seeder.
20210924_134059_resized.jpg

• Haha

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
@ctfjr the new lawn looks awesome!!

I have similar problems, cant seem to grow grass on the lawn, but it's really easy to grow grass in the stone beds, asphalt driveway, and between all the pavers

D

Deleted member 47704

Elm is good firewood. Hard to split, but burns hot.