What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Went out this morning with dad to the farm. We had a few trees that came down a couple of weeks ago in a storm. Started working on cleaning some of them up. Didn't get it all down, but made good progress.

Also, I got Ken's Bolt on Hooks installed. Will be putting them to work in the near future.

Anyway, had to get home and cleaned up for the 4th of July barbecue .

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I need to hire you to do the access road to my property up north.... Nice job.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Not so much on my Kubota but I did use it to move a couple of my implements around for modifications.

I have a new L4701 being assembled the way I want it with 2 rear remotes, third function valve for FEL, hydraulic top link, BH92 backhoe and R1 tires since for some reason the dealership's management only stocks these tractors with R4s.

All parts are in and they will do the installations next week. That brings me to MY modifications. The FEL of my B3300 has the Kubota Quick Attach that used 2 pins but my new 4701 will have the 2 lever system (looking forward the the easier/faster implement changes). So I had to cut the mountings from my grapple and my forklift carrier and weld the 2 lever plates on. Some cutting torch and grinder work then burned some 7018 rods. A little touch up paint and done.:)

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
Moved the old bus stop building to another part of the yard so my grandson could play in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I have been excavating all the silt and gravel out of an old dry pond on our property and stock piling it for future use elsewhere.
Also got a good pile of soil/dirt mix by skimming the top layer off before digging
up the coarser material.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I finally put the bucket level indicator on that I bought from a OTT member last July. Now all it has to do is dry up enough for me to check it out.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I have been excavating all the silt and gravel out of an old dry pond on our property and stock piling it for future use elsewhere.
Also got a good pile of soil/dirt mix by skimming the top layer off before digging
up the coarser material.
Fruitcakesa, explain how you have a "dry pond". Doesn't seem possible with the moisture we've been seeing everywhere!!

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Used the BX to unload 2-1/2 yards of topsoil from the trailer and fill a few spots in the yard where I had some stumps ground out last year. I had just finished building sides for the trailer a few hours prior. I did not get any action pics since I was hurrying to beat the rain that turned out to be a false alarm.

Attachments

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Fruitcakesa, explain how you have a "dry pond". Doesn't seem possible with the moisture we've been seeing everywhere!!
I know it sounds impossible., but in this case there was an old spring/creek fed farm pond up behind my parents house and sometime in the past, a prior owner dug a pond in the field below the house where the creek runs.

Unfortunately, when the water level in the "upper pond" dropped in the heat of midsummer, the "lower pond' would dry up all together as does the creek.

Over the years, the lower pond has been filling in mostly with road gravel but some silt and topsoil too and so when I began digging in it a last year, I dicovered a treasure trove of sorted sand, stone and soil.

As far as it filling up during the rains, it did but I have been adjusting the drainage path while working, to keep it pretty empty.
It still is damp/wettish down below the surface but I pile and drain the diggings to let it dry out before I use it

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Wednesday after work I helped an old friend dig under the deck of his cottage to try to find a drain line. Lots of digging by the backhoe and by hand. Pulled all of the clay pipe out. Turned out to not be the correct drain. Oops.

Yesterday I cleaned up the tractor and hoe from that project. Today I went and picked up items to do the 400 hour service then mowed the lawn.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Started the morning with the intentions of repairing a broken down field tile.
As soon as I got the L out of the barn, wife comes over and says storms are headed our way. In light of that, I elected to not go digging.:(

Now I was bored. Had to find something else to do. Been kicking around an idea for about a year and a half now.:rolleyes:

Went to the house and asked the wife for the checkbook...she immediately looked concerned. Hitched a trailer to the F-150 and took off. Three hours later, I pulled back into the driveway, went in the house and said "come see what followed me home dear". Again, she looked concerned.:rolleyes:

As we got outside, I exclaimed "L got a baby brother!" At first, she was not amused at the sight of the new BX2380. But then she said "that one is more my size...show me how to drive it". I breathed a sigh of relief knowing I would not have to sleep with one eye open tonight after all.:eek:

Attachments

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
Put the B and BIL to work tearing out an old foundation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamieHC

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jul 6, 2019
Emerald
Hi all,

Got a new BX23S over here in Australia about nine months ago. Have been buying various additional implements which now include a mud bucket for the backhoe, three point rake and a box blade.

It’s been a blessing on our acreage.

Cheers,

Jamie

JamieHC

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jul 6, 2019
Emerald

Spent today cutting up fallen trees for the next burn off, then starting to level off the grass verge to make it easier to mow.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Started the morning with the intentions of repairing a broken down field tile.
As soon as I got the L out of the barn, wife comes over and says storms are headed our way. In light of that, I elected to not go digging.:(

Now I was bored. Had to find something else to do. Been kicking around an idea for about a year and a half now.:rolleyes:

Went to the house and asked the wife for the checkbook...she immediately looked concerned. Hitched a trailer to the F-150 and took off. Three hours later, I pulled back into the driveway, went in the house and said "come see what followed me home dear". Again, she looked concerned.:rolleyes:

As we got outside, I exclaimed "L got a baby brother!" At first, she was not amused at the sight of the new BX2380. But then she said "that one is more my size...show me how to drive it". I breathed a sigh of relief knowing I would not have to sleep with one eye open tonight after all.:eek:
It looks naked. Always nice when the wife approves of a purchase. Nice machine.

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
It looks naked. Always nice when the wife approves of a purchase. Nice machine.
Yep, it is naked. Its only duties will be tilling, rolling and spraying. I did get the loader valve though in case I change my mind. Just waiting now for the belly pan, front weight rack and mini tiller to show up.

Was a nice day today so I cleaned the road grime off of the BX from the ride home yesterday (stormed all the way home), washed the L and took a picture of the siblings out in the sunshine.:D

Attachments