What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Paint we have been getting slammed with rain here in the Deep South. We have had more yam year to date than we get in a complete year. Just hope we don’t get any hurricanes with the ground super saturated. Trees will just fall over.
I know. I live in Central Alabama. Just had another turd floater this morning. I've been struggling against the weather since I started my shed project.

Looking at MagicMan's photos and video, that's a common problem with large oaks. Most of the root structure is right on the surface, so they either get too much water and the soil turns them loose, or they don't get enough and get stressed, and carpenter ants move in. I lost two that size 6 months after I bought this place, both within 20 feet of the house. Those stumps will stand back up VERY fast, too. Better be ready for it. Bet MM got some fine oak lumber outta that one. That had a nice big straight trunk.

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
It was over 50' to the bottom limb on both of those trees, and yes they were fine logs. The tipped over tree had a 36" stump and the standing tree was over a 48" butt. The rootball was ~12' tall but it was measured after it fell back into the hole three days later.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I have a suspicion that this dogs gonna ignore the zap and go running around anyways lol
Former boss of mine had a dog that would sit right at the edge, to where the collar would beep, but not zap. He'd sit there waiting patiently until it stopped beeping. After that he knew he could go thru free and clear.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Former boss of mine had a dog that would sit right at the edge, to where the collar would beep, but not zap. He'd sit there waiting patiently until it stopped beeping. After that he knew he could go thru free and clear.
That is why you should replace the batteries long before they stop working. 60 days is what we recommend, but never beyond 90 days, or your dog will be outside the protected area looking back in, and will not cross over, since the collar will be beeping. I have seen dogs intent on chasing an animal that will be moving so fast that they barely have time to hear the beep, and the shock fails to stop them. Those type of dogs need a better restraint than a perimeter wire system.

papajoe

Equipment
L3901DT Shuttle (2017), B6100E (1978), B6100E (1979), B6100HST-E (1985), RTV500
Dec 26, 2017
Oak Grove, La.
I had a yellow part lab male (Billy). Big hard headed rascal. Would come across the wire running wide open. Just a few yelps, (dog curses I'm sure) and down the road to see my neighbor's dog. I borrowed a large collar from my brother. Hung it around ole Billy's waist with the probes on bottom. It only took one jolt to them tender areas. Ole Billy was a home body for the rest of his life.

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
Well I did not do this. I was sleeping when a tree branch broke off. It appears that only the hood is dented. Debating using the insurance. I was able to push most of the dent out from the inside. there is a small paint chip. I guess 250 bucks for a new hood is a good deal.
The thing that does tick me off is that The Kubota is normally in the garage along with the GR 2120, but the steering linkage bracket broke and I had it apart until the part came in.

Oh It appears the self leveler saved it from being worse than it is.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Papa joe you probably would be a home body if ya had gotten jolted in them tender areas lol might be afraid to go out side let alone near the property lines.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
That is why you should replace the batteries long before they stop working. 60 days is what we recommend, but never beyond 90 days, or your dog will be outside the protected area looking back in, and will not cross over, since the collar will be beeping. I have seen dogs intent on chasing an animal that will be moving so fast that they barely have time to hear the beep, and the shock fails to stop them. Those type of dogs need a better restraint than a perimeter wire system.
Back when he had dogs, one of my father’s dogs learned to run at the wire full speed to blow past it. He ran a second line about 20’ past the first line and made sure he was around to shut it off to save the dog stuck between the lines first and second time he let that dog out. That stopped the line jumping.

lerxstland

Equipment
MX5400 , New Holland 4630, LP BoxBlade, land plane, Grapple, rake, rear blade,
Mar 7, 2016
McHenry, MD
2. One for the top link, one for the side link. “Standard” is center return (up/down/off). If you want one or more to have the ability to float or run constantly (to run a hydraulic motor, etc.) be sure to spec the functions the way you want them. Personally I have no use for a constant flow. I do really like the float option.

I have three sets of remotes on mine. Have to pull the right rear wheel and fender to put on one so from a labor standpoint installing 3 isn’t much more than installing 1. Needed 2 and the third was just the additional part cost so went ahead and had it done.

I know there are some really good A/M options for rear remotes, some which may better than or cheaper than OEM. However, my whole setup, cylinders and valves, was done by the dealer. I couldn’t source the cylinders cheaper than the dealer quoted.

Pic of the remotes on the back of tractor and valve handle location below. I like the valve handles being in easy reach while driving and like them all being different height so no confusion which one I’m grabbing. View attachment 63230 View attachment 63231
Thanks for that... very helpful. I'm going to have the dealer install mine as well.

Reactions: 1 user

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Since we got ~7" of rain over the past week and some real nasty flooding around town wiping out some roads etc. The gravel drive took some minor beating with some washed out strips about 6" deep from water washing down over several days.

Took care of it last night.

As a side note, I'm waiting on my tooth bar to do some improvement and bolstering of my drainage program for the driveway.

Driveway 23.1.jpg
Driveway 21.1.jpg
Driveway 20.1.jpg
Driveway 22.1.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Getting ready for gravel. Wouldn’t know I poured 4” on that spot 4 years ago. Did 3 passes over the entire section with the scarificers dropped all the way down and max aggression. Hopping it gets dropped today so I can finish my driveway expansion and then touch up a few spots with the extra.

057AF14F-2D85-42A5-8313-B9E00366A807.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Cleanout installation because camera couldn't make the turn in 1/8 bend 4" cast iron pipe. I took this opportunity to teach a young new tech on how to run a small backhoe (excavator would not fit in this wooded area). He did a great job for his first time in the seat. I think he really enjoyed it too...maybe I've created a monster that won't want to give up the seat for an old guy??? Anyway, it was worth it to me to let him have a go at it. They need to learn sometime.

H4-GON262-2.JPG

H4-GON262-6.JPG

H4-GON262-8.JPG

Truck goes back in the shop for the third attempt at fixing the fuel tank issue. :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

KbotaL185DT

Equipment
Kubota L185DT (sold),Kubota B7800, LA402, 5 foot Bush Hog Squealer
May 29, 2020
Rangeley, Maine
Designed and built a man sized cup holder for my B7800. None of these little can sized cup holders. I needed a Yeti holder for my long bush hogging days.
B44B7CF4-4233-4079-9A42-B3D8ECD28141.jpeg
D806F4AD-A44A-4AB3-B6EB-4CB07E4D89D2.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users