What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
Re: What did you do on the Kubota today?

Spent 3 hours plowing last night to lessen the mud impact when it starts melting today. It was 6 degrees yesterday, supposed to get up to almost 50f today.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho

Plowed the few inches of snow down as low as possible yesterday, as were getting rain now and it's gonna get sloppy. Getting up to 44 today with 100% rain. I know it's snowing like crazy 20 miles North, and they are buried.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina

I just looked at her as I rode by the barn this morning at 6:00 heading to work.

Going to hook up the carryall this afternoon so i can begin fabricating the bottom and sides for it tomorrow night.

Have my 2x4's, 2x8's, and 2x10's cut and ready to bolt to it.

Looking forward to have this implement in service so I can use it and stop putting "stuff" in the bucket as I travel around the farm working.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

Plugged it in. :p

I have the block heater on a remote-controlled outlet, I'll turn it on in the morning and deal with the 12" +/- of snow we're in the process of getting.

First blow-able snow all winter. I'm just a little concerned that a winter that didn't start until the middle of February won't end until the 4th of July...

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO

Just got done getting a couple bucket loads of firewood in the shed for the wood burning boiler we use to heat the house. It felt colder than the 22F that I have.

Also used the tractor to take the ashes from the boiler and dump in the woods.

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
My duo-ladder chains had a big gap at the connector.

Took the chains off and added two cross chains on each side. Looks better.

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas

I put the row builder on and made three rows in the garden. Now I want to ask my dad why we never had one these?! :confused: Talk about easy!
I know a lot of you guys are dealing with snow, it's 78* here! I lived in the North East for four years and dealt with the snow, and worse, ..... the slush that came with the snow melting. It's 78* now, but it will be 100+* later on. :eek:

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina

Sub soiled the garden and put out lime.

Hauled some broken blocks to back part of property and dumped out.

Washed her, dusty from dragging road last week.

remounted tool box and drove to chicken pen to turn out the girls so they could scratch around and eat some oats I planted for them back in the fall.

Nice day here 71F.

Was in the 20's yesterday morning....

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada

Well, I blew snow from yesterday's dump, and according to the weather, we are under a winter storm warning of 6 - 10 inches of snow plus drifting with 20 mph winds.

So I can tell you what I will be doing on Monday as well -- blowing snow.

This is why I have a Kubota.

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts

Same here. We had a storm thursday and another one today. We have another one coming tomorrow night and I heard there is another one brewing for mid week. Love my B2650 cab.

Fastball

Equipment
L2900, rear blade, finish mower, 200l sprayer, landscape rake
Feb 9, 2017
North Okanagan, British Columbia

Took over my dad's acreage a few months ago, and he has a L2900. I noticed the other day some weirdness with the bottom bucket pins. Long story short, I git new pins and was having some issues driving in one of the pins. The bucket and loader arm holes wouldn't line up perfectly, and the pin kept getting hung up...but just by a fraction of a millimeter (aka, a smidge, for you non-metric types). After a few hiurs of lining up and prying and rotating and banging and swearing, I broke out the 8-pound sledge and gave her 2-3 whack and forced it through. Greased it up and bob's-yer-uncle.
Take that, beeyatch.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire

Same here. We had a storm thursday and another one today. We have another one coming tomorrow night and I heard there is another one brewing for mid week. Love my B2650 cab.
Boy are we making up for a virtually snow-less January huh? Not sure where you are in MA but here in NH I've got a solid 2feet on the ground with another foot coming tomorrow. Glad I bought the blower this year!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Moved many a ton of dirt for the local Habitat for Humanity house - The other tractor is a Kubota L2240 Shuttle -

And for those of you that a stick lovers...:) - I ran circles around that bigger tractor!!! True - he has a bigger bucket and more power, BUT I could place more in the bucket and place it against the foundation walls faster than he could.:D

No - there was no race, but in low gear, the HST and even 2wd literally ran twice as fast through the project.

Well, one bad side - I bounced around a hellva lot more than he did.....my back feels like a cowboy on a grumpy bull!:D

As many have said - the little BX is a "small" tractor - but it gets around pretty gooood!:cool:

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts

Boy are we making up for a virtually snow-less January huh? Not sure where you are in MA but here in NH I've got a solid 2feet on the ground with another foot coming tomorrow. Glad I bought the blower this year!
I'm close to the NH. border. Not that far from Troy or Keene. Yes we are getting back to normal now. I remember as a child here we would have enough snow on the ground to reach the top of the phone poles.

Last edited:

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas

Making a riding arena. I need a chain drag to finish the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada

Hit my first 2x4 with the BX2750D snowblower... Blew the fan shear pin, but not the auger pin, can't figure that one out. Nothing stuck in the blower after, but found it in the pile of snow left in front where the blower failed. (it was a short piece, less than a foot long, so maybe it got spit out...)