What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The cowl can not be removed with the grill guard in place.
I can do most maintenance without removing the lower cowl.
I typically change motor oil in the fall, as well as hydraulic fluid when I deem necessary.
Both can easily be done without taking it off.
It needs to be removed for coolant service, and changing the front fuel filter.
boy that is frustrating. "Earth and Turf" makes a BX grille guard that you can remove with 2 pins. I was scratching my head looking at your pictures with the guard bolted on :p it's good that you can work around it easily (y)

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I am also temping fate - I took off the back blade and put it under the deck. Tomorrow I will try to find time to mount the WC68 chipper and check the driveshaft length.
Got to use Fluid Film for the first time. I coated back blade, box blade and ballast box with it. Strange material :)
Checked all my hydraulic fittings on the triple rear remote valves I put on. FAIL! I found one fitting that looked like I never socked it up :( Nice leak stream down the fender. Retightened them all.

Reactions: 1 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I am also temping fate - I took off the back blade and put it under the deck. Tomorrow I will try to find time to mount the WC68 chipper and check the driveshaft length.
Got to use Fluid Film for the first time. I coated back blade, box blade and ballast box with it. Strange material :)
Checked all my hydraulic fittings on the triple rear remote valves I put on. FAIL! I found one fitting that looked like I never socked it up :( Nice leak stream down the fender. Retightened them all.
Fluid Film is great for preventing rust. I've been using it for years with great results.

Reactions: 1 user

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I coat my implements bare metal with boiled linseed oil! It works great!

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Looks AWESOME. How much do those run??? Do you know of any slightly smaller ones or is that the smallest?

Very cool!!!!
It was $5,195 in December (+tax). Yes they have a single axle model. Diamond C just released 2021 models with telescopic dump so I’m not sure what prices will be.

oooops thought you were asking me:eek:

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Well, I'm tempting fate, but with the extended weather predictions not having any frigid weather in store for us in northern Indiana, I decided to wash the winter dirt and crud off the JD and BX. Pulled out the power washer, and when I hooked the water up to it, a little spray of water was squirting out of the top of the pump. Upon investigation, the bronze manifold was split between two of the check valve retainer caps. A friend used it last fall, and when he brought it back I asked if he had drained the pump, and he said he had. Well apparently he didn't or didn't do it properly and the remaining water froze and split the manifold. Fortunately, the manifold is still available, so I ordered it and the associated o-rings for the pump. It's a Giant brand pump, made in Toledo, OH, and even though it's over 20 years old, it looks like they still make it, of at leat parts for it.
So, I hand washed the tractors and got most of the crud off them. The JD will be stored for the summer, and I greased up the FEL and MMM on the BX for the upcoming mowing season.

IMG_20210320_161821514.jpg
IMG_20210320_155939798.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Pulled out the power washer, and when I hooked the water up to it, a little spray of water was squirting out of the top of the pump. Upon investigation, the bronze manifold was split between two of the check valve retainer caps. A friend used it last fall, and when he brought it back I asked if he had drained the pump, and he said he had. Well apparently he didn't or didn't do it properly and the remaining water froze and split the manifold.
I've had pressure washer pumps freeze and break even after I thought the pump was totally drained. After wrecking my last one, I now ALWAYS run some plumbing antifreeze through the pump until it comes out the high pressure outlet, whenever there's even a hint of a frost in the next month. So far so good!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My favorite pneumatic grease gun crapped out.

Got a new grease for the Kubota and the old 'Moline.

I have a large kit of Milwaukee M18 Fuel tools, so I didn't have another battery/charger, etc...

View attachment 56679
View attachment 56680
Just a quick review of the new gun.

I put the Lock 'n Lube coupler on it. Was on the pneumatic gun before.

Not sure I like it.....just yet.

Stupid thing, but it sounds like a bucket of bolts rattlin' around when it runs. It just strikes as sounding "cheap," and that's a foolish impression, given the pressures it needs to put out. It works as advertised otherwise.

The other is the kit supplied a soft carrying case....

Holy smokes, I wear as much grease as I put in my equipment...a soft fabric case?!?! That thing is a waste IMHO.

Really like the long hose; very convenient. Everything else is built solid, just like the other Milwaukee M18 tools I have.

I greased most of my FEL zerks today. My back was talking/giving me issues, so I didn't do all. It worked just fine, except for the noise it makes....

It's okay, and I'm sure I'll get used to it. I used plain-old pump guns for years...the powered ones are convenient, but not the same.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The plan to make a gravel path from the trailer pad and shed that connects to the parking spot off the driveway, so I dont have to keep driving on the lawn. Tore off the turf, and smoothed it all out. I took the box blade put it on an extreme angle and cut deep grooves along the edges which will hopefully keep most of the gravel from escaping to the lawn.

Ordered 15 tons of 3/4" crushed river stone, and will throw that down. Not doing a base as its only use will be for tractor and the trailer.

I love using the box blade, but my top-n-tilt cannot get here fast enough, so tired of fiddling with rear links...

Reactions: 5 users

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Well I graded some mude cut some water bars cleaned rinses sap tanks loaded them on trailer and put them in woods, got 2 round bales for barn on way home unloaded them put them in barn took a ride on the toy my wife bought us last weekend a 2015 rhino with 180 miles on it. We took a ride in sugar bush with the tracks on took tracks off TNT. And took a ride to a freinds to drop eggs off after chores. Now time for shower supper and bed got a early morning school bus run tommarow. Lol and managed to deliver half of beef to a customer busy busy day. Hope to be boiling maple syrup tomorrow after work. Looks to be a busy week ahead.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Now that the grass is mostly dry and the weather was beyond perfect I got a chance to mount the WC68 wood chipper and cut down the pto shaft. Turns out I had to take 1" off of it. Easy enough to do with an abrasive wheel.
As a reward for my work I went into the woods and chipped a lot of branches that have fallen from a dead oak. So far not much of a challenge for the chipper as the largest piece was about 4" and it had no difficulty with it.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
It was a Double Orange day for me today. There were 3 kubotas in my driveway today when the neighbor popped over with his L3301 to give me a hand with a slab of granite.

Ripped out some swamp trees with the KX as well. Pretty friggin amazing how much power these things have....I've had a tractor mounted backhoe for 15 years and its still most comfortable to me. I'm just not used to the KX pilot controls and when tracking.

What a gorgeous day prepping for the backup generator install.

double orange 1.JPG

• Love

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
It was a Double Orange day for me today. There were 3 kubotas in my driveway today when the neighbor popped over with his L3301 to give me a hand with a slab of granite.

Ripped out some swamp trees with the KX as well. Pretty friggin amazing how much power these things have....I've had a tractor mounted backhoe for 15 years and its still most comfortable to me. I'm just not used to the KX pilot controls and when tracking.

What a gorgeous day prepping for the backup generator install.

View attachment 56740
YESSS!!!

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Having a tractor is great...having a neighbor buddy with an excavator is awesome...

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
First really nice day in months yesterday so we got the "fleet" running and my 8yr. old grandson drove them all around except for the Kubota. He was a little shy about that? I don't know why - he was pushing a pallet of slate with the excavator the day before. He'll be mowing grass this summer so maybe I can ease him into it. He used to ride with me all the time when he was little, but he's a bit big for that now - :LOL:

Reactions: 3 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Finally got my Ken's Bolt-On Clevis Mounts installed. Decided not to install the third one in the middle as I don't feel I'll need it.

20210322_203844.jpg

Last edited: