What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Us retirees got to stick together, don't worry about 1/16" and only drink single malt below 32F. That's why I live in northern Michigan sometimes it doesn't get above 32F for months at a time. Sitting on the porch watching the river freeze from the bottom up drinking single malt it doesn't get any better than that.;). ;):rolleyes::D
Huh! I lived in Dee-troy-ut (Redfield, and Royal Oak) for 13 years and 6 months (I could list the days, too, but you get the idea), and finally got out just a few years before they got rid of hizonner Coleman Young. So I know that sitting on the porch watching the river freeze means you are sitting in an enclosed "Florida room", with triple-insulated glass, prolly heated by a wood furnace. Brrr. :D

Sadly, the only single-malt I like is that swill made by the orangemen at Bushmills. Although Scotch single-malt is indeed fine, I just don't care for the taste or the after-taste of it. So I'll just settle for a blend -- an elderly one would be nice, but even a "fresh" one is okay with me, as long as it's made in Eire. Rye would be my preference.

Now, I don't know what river you're watching, but it sounds like the Detroit river. I can't think of another one that might freeze from the bottom. In any case, that does promote some images of tranquility -- unless there is a pool on when the first ice will appear. (On the river.) (No, I don't mean to suggest I would be for putting any in my glass -- though it is my habit to keep a bottle in the freezer... just to keep the dogs from getting to it, don't ya know.) :p

TheSpoon

Dec 2, 2015
MEEEEchigan
Huh! I lived in Dee-troy-ut (Redfield, and Royal Oak) for 13 years and 6 months (I could list the days, too, but you get the idea), and finally got out just a few years before they got rid of hizonner Coleman Young. So I know that sitting on the porch watching the river freeze means you are sitting in an enclosed "Florida room", with triple-insulated glass, prolly heated by a wood furnace. Brrr. :D

Sadly, the only single-malt I like is that swill made by the orangemen at Bushmills. Although Scotch single-malt is indeed fine, I just don't care for the taste or the after-taste of it. So I'll just settle for a blend -- an elderly one would be nice, but even a "fresh" one is okay with me, as long as it's made in Eire. Rye would be my preference.

Now, I don't know what river you're watching, but it sounds like the Detroit river. I can't think of another one that might freeze from the bottom. In any case, that does promote some images of tranquility -- unless there is a pool on when the first ice will appear. (On the river.) (No, I don't mean to suggest I would be for putting any in my glass -- though it is my habit to keep a bottle in the freezer... just to keep the dogs from getting to it, don't ya know.) :p
Oh Shaun. You need to set down the 'mills. Grouse is up near Grayling. I know anything above Flint is "Northern Michigan" to anyone from Detroit (and probably out of state)... Maybe you're getting some Flint River ice cubes for your scotch? (going to have to search for a "what you drinking today" thread...)

Nothing on the tractor today, well, since I don't have one yet. Tomorrow, going to look at one, and will have to practice my photoshop skills to turn the blue to orange probably, so I hopefully don't get kicked out of the forum... :)

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Oh Shaun. You need to set down the 'mills. Grouse is up near Grayling. I know anything above Flint is "Northern Michigan" to anyone from Detroit (and probably out of state)... Maybe you're getting some Flint River ice cubes for your scotch? (going to have to search for a "what you drinking today" thread...)

Nothing on the tractor today, well, since I don't have one yet. Tomorrow, going to look at one, and will have to practice my photoshop skills to turn the blue to orange probably, so I hopefully don't get kicked out of the forum... :)
Actually anyone in Grayling will tell you Northern Michigan starts at M55 and everything south of M55 should have gone to Ohio as part of the Toledo War.
The Flint River water problem is a major screw up. There is absolutely no excuse. How can that happen to the drinking water anywhere in this country.

I wouldn't worry to much about tractor color. It has more to do with what you do with your tractor and what you contribute to the discussion.

Now to take care of the business of the thread:
Put a piece of carpet under by seat to cover the opening and keep the cab warmer.
Unplugged the headlights, they are worse than useless for snowplowing at night. The LCD floods on top of the cap light up the woods. The headlights uselessly light up the snowblower and reflect back. The headlights were worse than useless because I didn't have instrument lights without the headlights on.
Raised the snowblower shoes as I have a good base of packed snow on the ground.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Actually anyone in Grayling will tell you Northern Michigan starts at M55 and everything south of M55 should have gone to Ohio as part of the Toledo War.
I would agree with you on that for the most part and I basically live on 55. I wouldn't want to give up the southern part, but that could just be greedy me. It's nice to have a buffer between northern michigan and the states below us. I suppose I wouldn't be opposed to digging a big hole where detroit is, extending lake erie and/or huron, and using the fill dirt to make a big wall just south of grand rapids or something...
Just my imagination going wild.

Mike of Southern IL

Equipment
2014 Kubota L3200 HST 4-WD, FEL,
Jun 17, 2014
Pocahontas, IL USA
Well I spent the day haling hay bales down to the spring/well-house to get it well insulated from the cold snap expected soon. Got the well-house surrounded and covered with a tarp so it should be good and snug for the rest of the Winter. My L3200 has been a blessing since I got it. What took me so long! LOL

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
It was a balmy 45 today so I put my new seat on my tractor today. Man what a difference! My SMV sign is straight now since the bottom was rusting out on the old one. Let her warm up while I was doing the swap then took it for a ride. Got my 3 point control valve working too - lube and tap, lube and tap now I can turn it by hand and attachments don't crash to the ground. :)

vettdvr

Jan 16, 2016
Louisiana
New to the site. BX 1800

Remove and replace shut down timer relay so engine would shut off. Changed oil filter , air cleaner, installed rear pto driven vac bagger and ready for lots of leaves.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Shaun 3 years ago comming back from the GWN I went to Deee Troyy Ett where some of the clan use to live,,,,, Brother trust me I aint goin back unless Im armed, damn place looked like Bayroot, Yeah I know its speeled wrng :D
And Mr Bushmills is really the only orange man I like, though Jameson is right there at the top list,, But nuttin takes the place of about 3 fingers of Drambuie over ice to sip in front of the fire.
And back to the thread,, just plugged in a NEW battery tender for the old gal. Not sure what happen to the old one it quit, maybe it just got old like me:D

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Went out last night after dark and took the snowblower to that little dab of snow we got yesterday.

Waited until after dark both for the snow to end and to try my LED floods on the back of the cab.

Giggled like a 10 year old girl at a pajama party the whole time, sitting there in my nice warm cab with the world lit up like Yankee Stadium...

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Nice. Where do you keep all your snow, though? I have too much to store anywhere else.
I spent a couple hours snowblowing. We're supposed to get 8-12 inches coming up, but I needed to get some out of there first. 12 inches of fluff is way easier to drive thru than 12 inches of fluff on top of 3 or 4 of dense stuff.

Say.. What my dad did to haul more wood in the bucket was to bolt some rails (just happened to be C channel) to the side so he could stack way above the top. Gotta drive a little slower, but man can we pack that thing up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
bmblank,

We had a little dusting this morning, but haven't had any real snow the winter. It is getting cold here, it is 13 right now and is suppose to get to 5 by the morning. Last winter I spent sometime out in the snow clearing our driveway off. It is 2/10th of a mile long. Used the FEL in float mode, works pretty good.

Till I get my ballast built, I don't want to put to much more in the bucket. I did get a set of pallet forks to move logs around with. I cut them to 60" and haul them to the shed where I buck them up into 20" blocks and split them for our wood burning boiler.

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
Moved a nearly complete deer blind into field using FEL on tractor this weekend. I meant to take photos of actually moving, but I was too involved making sure I didn't drop or crash it into a tree and forgot. I could not see over it while in the bucket, and if I leaned to see around it the motor would try to die, so had buddy walk alongside with directions. Slow and easy and all worked well.

Next we'll paint, attach brackets for legs, and raise. When complete it will be 8' at floor and 14.5' at roof. We at least got the shell into field before we ran out of time.

Attachments

Rezzey

Equipment
B1600dt
Oct 11, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Bought a big dog kennel for our new pup. STUGGLED getting it onto my ute racks by hand so sure as hell wasnt taking it off the same way! Why not put old Orange to use :) needed some forks... worked a treat!

Nearly rolled the tractor on the slightest of slopes on way to dog pen though, with nothing on the back and bucket so high, time to change my pants [emoji90]

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Finally got around to hooking up the back blade in prep for winter :D

Or I should say, we are finally getting some winter weather. Old girl hasn't been started in over four months. :eek: The weekends have been rainy, or had other things going on.

Tried starting her and she protested. With the cold temps, battery had enough juice to glow plug and barely turn her over. Hit it with a set of jumper cables and she fired up in around 1 1/2 revolutions. :D I keep meaning to pick up a solar powered battery tender for her :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
January 19th, and first time snowblowing!:D

Really didn't need to, and shoes scraped on the driveway stone pretty good.

Like the new LED ROPS lights!:D 2-forward and 2-backwards panned out a little for better field of view. Left the headlights off, and could see great!:cool:

But, I'm not very smart...I'm left-handed, and tend to look over my right shoulder when backing up, right into the lights. Wasn't bad with the halogens before, but the LED's are lot brighter. The lights might get moved.

Other pic is my current light location, maybe stick 'em over the ROPS. The BX2360 ROPS is too short, and I'm too big/tall to put them inside anywhere.:p

I knew I left the extra wire there for a reason.:p Yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
January 19th, and first time snowblowing!:D

Really didn't need to, and shoes scraped on the driveway stone pretty good.

Like the new LED ROPS lights!:D 2-forward and 2-backwards panned out a little for better field of view. Left the headlights off, and could see great!:cool:

But, I'm not very smart...I'm left-handed, and tend to look over my right shoulder when backing up, right into the lights. Wasn't bad with the halogens before, but the LED's are lot brighter. The lights might get moved.

Other pic is my current light location, maybe stick 'em over the ROPS. The BX2360 ROPS is too short, and I'm too big/tall to put them inside anywhere.:p

I knew I left the extra wire there for a reason.:p Yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.;)
Why not move one set of lights to the other side. Spreading out the light reduces the shadows and would move all the lights outside the ROPs.
I am also blowing snow at night with the headlights off, but unplugged the headlights so I could still have the instrument panel lights.