What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Chew

Aug 5, 2014
Centerville, Tx
Not anything huge, but I simplified my life today. With the arrival of the FEL, I am now able to palletize all my firewood.

We heat with wood with the main source being a free standing wood stove and an insert on the opposite side of the house for when it gets real cold.

No more splitting, stacking, then moving closer to the house and re-stacking. Now it will go from the splitter into the wire basket and set for seasoning.

Last winter I split and stacked over 20 full cords. I have another 14 sitting on the property to be processed. Its such a relief to know I wont have to stack it by hand anymore.
Nice job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
.... Its such a relief to know I wont have to stack it by hand anymore.
hmmmm??? How tall are the baskets? Just wondering how you going to get it out of the basket for burning? Especially when you've burned thru half the basket or more?

PS- please upload your pics to the board!!!! You've got a great post that will become useless in the future when those pics get moved, deleted, you cancel your space on that host site etc.

Last edited:

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
hmmmm??? how you going to get it out of the basket for burning? Especially after the first layer or two on top is used?

Reach in. The fence is only 36" tall and we are all above average height. I can reach over the fence and get to the pallet.

Sent from a field

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Cleaned all the tree sap and gunk off my sheet metal, (in a heated shop)
got a better idea of what I am up against. Not Bad for a 40+ year old Grey Market!

Still need to pressure wash the grease off the innards,
but 22° is not Pressure Wash temps!

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Thought about a similar thing for firewood. Using those square plastic totes. Cut one side off and stack firewood inside. Then has a roof to shed water.

Toying around with building a home brew snowblower, have a 32" walk behind with blown engine. Easy to widen and build a mount and driveline.

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Finally got my console mounted in the roof and almost all wired/hooked up. Front LED lights, wiper, heater, console lights, radio with antenna, chute actuator for the snow blower. I just have to run and wire in the rear led lights and I'm all set for next weeks snow (first of the season!)

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
Snow:confused:

Harrowed and turned about an acre 14" at the time for sweet corn/watermelons and then turned some new dirt for some field corn. As usual turn plow was just getting polished nicely when I finished. Should be ready to plant in early March. Gotta love Florida in the winter:D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Gotta love Florida in the winter:D
Sure - rub it in!!:p:p

Upstate New York is on the warm side of the storm dumping snow in parts of Michigan today.

Tomorrow is our turn, but at least I'm located outside of the big Lake Effect areas!:p

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Northern Michigan here. I'm just waiting for the snow to die down a bit before blowing. I don't want to go out and clear it and then end up with another 3 inches there.
Well... Kinda looking like it's time. Better get going.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
Sure - rub it in!!:p:p

Upstate New York is on the warm side of the storm dumping snow in parts of Michigan today.

Tomorrow is our turn, but at least I'm located outside of the big Lake Effect areas!:p
If it makes you feel better we're going to be close to freezing tonight:)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
If it makes you feel better we're going to be close to freezing tonight:)
I can make y'all feel better. -30 this morning. Kubota stays inside today. My pickup barely turned over, thirty seconds of cranking to get it started. Then 4 low to get it moving for first couple hundred feet. Should have used kubota to drag dead vehicle into shop.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I can make y'all feel better. -30 this morning. Kubota stays inside today. My pickup barely turned over, thirty seconds of cranking to get it started. Then 4 low to get it moving for first couple hundred feet. Should have used kubota to drag dead vehicle into shop.
Well we got the snow that is headed for RCW tomorrow and the cold is headed here tomorrow. 10F tonight and then nights below zero. The cold will also get the lake effect machine cranked up bringing more snow.

Cleared my 1/4 mile driveway today while it was 20F with 20 mph swirling winds. I will take my cab with heater and wiper over a snowmobile suit and helmet on any cold, windy and snowy day.:D:D:D

forceten

Equipment
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Console install completed! I didnt want to mount it to the roof as others did - I wanted it as close to the windshield as I could get it. So I used a board coated in Rubber (almost went with a metal sheet - but decided on wood to make it more light weight). Made brackets to be able to open and close the roof and open and close the doors without moving the overhead console

Radio with antenna
Cab Light

Switches to:
Front LED lights
Rear LED lights
Wiper
Heater hi and low
Window Fan
Console lights on and off

Lets see how well the console and switches hold up over time.

Attachments

Last edited:

forceten

Equipment
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
and....... since I had the front off to wire up the console, wired in the chute actuator to control up and down and put in a joystick switch for it.

So now I have left and right Hydraulic rotation and up and down electric.

Attachments

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
and....... since I had the front off to wire up the console, wired in the chute actuator to control up and down and put in a joystick switch for it.

Very nice, maybe next winter I can save up for a cab and deck it out too.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho

Pleas let me know how your chute actuator works for ya. The one I had went belly up after about 2 months of using it. To top it off my blower sat the first winter due to my BX24 being new and was told by the dealership and the manual not to run it WOT so warranty was outside of coverage. I'm hoping they are better now an may try it again.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi

There have been a couple of threads about the shaft seal leaking on linear actuators. The actuator either fills up with water and freezes or fails. Maybe your rubber seal in the picture will be better, but I followed the suggested resolution and installed mine with the motor up and the shaft down.

Attachments

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Part of me thinks it might be wise to split this thread into "What Service/Repair have you done ON your Orange Tractor" And then in Tractor Operating put a new thread "What did you do WITH Your Orange Tractor.

What do you ya'll think?

In the mean time.... I know it didn't really happen cause "I got no pictures" but I spread gravel WITH my Orange today. About 5yards