What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I redirected my "through the hood" exhaust but for a different reason. It was directed toward the front which ultimately came back into my face. I turned the outlet 90 degrees and directed it away from the tractor (and me). Loosened the clamp, turned the pipe, and clamped it back. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Perfect. Thank you, I was about to start looking for exactly this.....a small elbow to try various angles on to redirect the exhaust.

For $6 it is certainly worth a try !!!!

Appreciate it.
No try, it will nail your issue and it's a nice snug fit.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
No try, it will nail your issue and it's a nice snug fit.

Gotta love Prime......already on the tractor....like you said, worked like a charm....I'll play with the angle this weekend

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Got the tractor back from the dealer, ready to work. Borrowed my buddies 66” 440lb hla grapple. Used it for a bit and decided that it’s just too heavy to work effectively. I could pick up some of the brush and wood but not enough to make it worth the effort. I will have to wait till a smaller one is available.

D1AA80B4-824A-44D3-AD02-E294F668D320.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I did nothing with my tractor today....I'm okay with that, because it's sole purpose is snow right now.

Sounds like that will change next week....🤬

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Got the tractor back from the dealer, ready to work. Borrowed my buddies 66” 440lb hla grapple. Used it for a bit and decided that it’s just too heavy to work effectively.
Land pride SGC0554 - 180 pounds - SSQA
Artillian grapple with single jaw - 290 pounds.

==============================​

Picked up Pronovost (never heard of them) 54" rear pto snowblower. Would have preferred a land pride, but beggars can't be choosers in February. Will set up tomorrow...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Great install. One little installation tip, though. See the white cable ties? Thet look factory installed, but I'm just advising on installation of cable ties in general If those were cut with a pair of diagonal pliers, the end of the ties will be sharp as a razor blade. They're worse than any bramble briars. Take a pair of plain old slip-joint pliers, grasp the loose end of the tie close to the 'buckle', and give it several twists in one direction. The stub will twist off even with the 'buckle' and save you a lot of skin. There are special tensioners for installing them too, but they tend to break after moderate use. Shouldn't take but maybe a couple revolutions and it will twist right off and not leave a sharp end sticking out. That keeps them from cutting you as well as other things hanging on them when doing unrelated work. Doing as much electrical work as I have in tight enclosures, you come to despise cable ties almost as much as they are useful if they're not properly installed. I've walked away from some enclosures looking like I'd been in a knife fight.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Great install. One little installation tip, though. See the white cable ties? Thet look factory installed, but I'm just advising on installation of cable ties in general If those were cut with a pair of diagonal pliers, the end of the ties will be sharp as a razor blade. They're worse than any bramble briars. Take a pair of plain old slip-joint pliers, grasp the loose end of the tie close to the 'buckle', and give it several twists in one direction. The stub will twist off even with the 'buckle' and save you a lot of skin. There are special tensioners for installing them too, but they tend to break after moderate use. Shouldn't take but maybe a couple revolutions and it will twist right off and not leave a sharp end sticking out. That keeps them from cutting you as well as other things hanging on them when doing unrelated work. Doing as much electrical work as I have in tight enclosures, you come to despise cable ties almost as much as they are useful if they're not properly installed. I've walked away from some enclosures looking like I'd been in a knife fight.
if you dont cut the tail off the tie, did you actually finish installing it???

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
if you dont cut the tail off the tie, did you actually finish installing it???
I agree, but some cut PART of the tail off. I'm not sure why. But this is apparently how the assemblers at Kubota are trained to leave them. I've taken care of several on my LX already.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I agree, but some cut PART of the tail off. I'm not sure why. But this is apparently how the assemblers at Kubota are trained to leave them. I've taken care of several on my LX already.
I do use standard side cutters, but I hold them flush to the head of the tie, usually gives me a clean enough cut. I’m actually planning on swapping out the ties on my rops from putting on my lights. I couldn’t get black ones cause the stores were closed so I used white ones.. now I have a pack of black so I can make the install cleaner looking.

TX Chris

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400, BH92, RTV900, ZD326
Dec 14, 2020
Rowlett, TX
I used the new MX5400 to lift and load my BH77 onto a trailer (sold the BH77). The BH77 is roughly 850 pounds and the MX5400/LA1065 combo didn't even bat an eye. I didn't even have any ballast out back, though the rear tires are filled.

I've only got 10 hours on the MX so this was the biggest thing I've moved so far. I love this tractor.

Reactions: 3 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I do use standard side cutters, but I hold them flush to the head of the tie, usually gives me a clean enough cut. I’m actually planning on swapping out the ties on my rops from putting on my lights. I couldn’t get black ones cause the stores were closed so I used white ones.. now I have a pack of black so I can make the install cleaner looking.
Even cutting them 'flush' with the head, the side cutters will still leave a razor sharp edge. Anything that pinches them off instead of making a clean cut through the cross section will leave a knife edge on the end. That's why I prefer something to twist them off. The quality of the tie makes a difference as well. A good nylon based tie is far better than the polyethylene, and won't dry rot as will the poly. You'll find yourself replacing cheap ones a lot sooner than you wanted to, especially where engine heat cycles affect them and make them brittle. But, as with anything else, the better the tie, the higher the price. I highly recommend a name brand such as Thomas and Betts if you want the tie to stay there until you remove it. Their ties are not only resistant to oil/heat/fuel, they're also UV rated because they're used quite often in outdoor cable trays.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I used the new MX5400 to lift and load my BH77 onto a trailer (sold the BH77). The BH77 is roughly 850 pounds and the MX5400/LA1065 combo didn't even bat an eye. I didn't even have any ballast out back, though the rear tires are filled.

I've only got 10 hours on the MX so this was the biggest thing I've moved so far. I love this tractor.
Having seen the photos of your disaster, nice upgrade to a big-boy tractor. I see you also have a big-boy backhoe now. May you get many hours from both.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Just got in new oil switch and installed it (no snow today!). Now I have my own oil idiot light.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Installed rear PTO blower. Welder did have to come out to shorten the crank handle which was way too long. I can rest assured if I ever buy a quick hitch the handle will now be too short.

Ran smoothly when I tested it. Backing up without my leg knocking the loader joystick to 'dump' position will be challenging. This should guarantee no more snow for a few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users